Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2008, 01:28 PM   #1
JellEBeanDesigns
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Help Would you even interveiw this girl as a sitter?

here are our emails she is kinda starting to give me bad vibes, plusi have never had a sitter for the boys before so I am sooo super picky! Tell me if I am just self sabotaging

i,

My name is Felicia and I am 17 years old. I am looking for a small part-time job 1-2 a week so this would work out perfect for me. I would charge you $12 an hour because you've got 2 children. I have been babysitting consistently since I was about the age of 12 years. Small jobs of babysitting were offered with help from the age of 10-12 years; that being because, Mom ran an in-home childcare since I was born until I was 10 years so I've grown up helping with kids and Mom has always told me I've got a world of patients with little ones! I would promise to follow your meal plans and keep special eye on the babies allergies. I am home schooled -- my schedule is very flexible. I am Advanced babysitter certified. I am attaching my resume. Below is my site to learn more about me and my experiences in babysitting and such. I am alright with the lunch hours babysitting because I am NOT a morning person but would be open to mornings if ever needed. I have reliable transportation from Mom, Dad, and Fiance. I'll be getting my own car & license within 2-3 months. If you're interested in meeting up and learning more, please email me back and we'll discuss a time for an interview.

Thanks for your time & God Bless,

Hi Sam,

Unfortunately, I am not available for an interview tomorrow because my Fiance and I will be leading church (music & sermon) -- tomorrow and afterwards, we are taking our grandmother out for lunch and Elitches because she's in from out-of-state and will be leaving soon; I'm so sorry though! My father preaches for a Free Will Baptist church and we're devoted Christians as well! My fiance wants to become a pastor under my father as well as he's the music leader of our church and him and I engage in daily devotions and prayer! I am a helper in our church nursery right now but, at some points off and on, have solo and alone, been the nursery worker and manager. I will contact you ASAP to set-up an interview. I could have an interview Monday anytime from 1PM-10PM OR anytime Tuesday from 5PM-10PM. I couldn't have an interview next week between Wednesday-Friday because my fiance is having a liver biopsy and I will need to be home with him. Please email me letting me know which time might work better on Monday or Tuesday and we'll go from their. Could you please email me your home address so I know about how far I am from you? I live in Northglenn but I know Broomfield isn't too far from where I am. Dad's church is near Broomfield. Thanks for such a quick reply and I can't wait to meet you and your family.

Have a nice night,

) What is your home address so I know where to go for the interview and job?
I prefer to meet elsewhere than my home, hope you understand, how does a park work for you?

2) What is the time that you'll need me each week on that day you need me, approx?
I am not sure yet I have not set anything in stone since I have not yet hired a sitter
3) On occasion my fiance might be with me, does this purpose a problem? -- We still PROMISE to give FULL FOCUS to the boys!
My hubby and I will have to meet him first. How old is he? What does he do for a living? How long have you known him?
4) Is it OK that the fiance is with me during the interview? -- I don't know you, so I would feel more comfortable having someone with me. Thanks for understanding this situation.
That is fine, same goes for not inviting you to my home
5) How many hours at a time were you thinking of needing me and WHICH DAY? (Mon, Tues, & Fri work best for me.) Once school starts, all but Thursday would work for me.
Once again I am not sure at this point I would need to hire someone before I make a commitment to someone else
One of the biggest things to me would be planning ahead of time if at all possible. I live a busy life -- WORKING AHEAD IN SCHOOL to graduate in a year, learning to drive, volunteering time at a society 2 days a week, being involved in church, etc. I usually plan my weeks on Sunday evenings, (making that a week ahead of time in my planning schedule.) In an emergency, I will be flexible. I am not stubborn! Thanks for understanding this!
Felicia I own my own business and as such I am on call most of the time I will do my best to work around your schedule but I need someone flexible. If need be I will only need you one day a week for two hours
Have a nice night and hope to hear back soon,

Felicia

Sam,

A park for the interview is fine by me. Do you know where EB rains park is? (It's near the Northglenn recreation center.) That park might be nice so I know where to go. I think we could set-up a time and day for each week once we meet for our interview. You can meet Steven (my fiance) at the interview as I'd like to meet your husband as well if I can? Steven is 23. He works from Caridian BTC (putting blood kits together) & he's a music pastor for my fathers church! Good guy! I've known him since September of 2007. I will do my best being flexible for you and being on call some and most of the time. I work ahead in school and plan but usually I can work around your schedule because of home school. I am doing summer school but same goes now, I can work with you on the times!

Hope to hear back soon,

Felicia

I just wonder how far you live from me. I'd hate to follow up with an interview if you live too far from me. I'm OK with meeting somewhere up that way but, I'd like to be familiar with how far you are before proceeding.

Sam,

I'm not against meeting you at a park, on the other hand, I'm a little bit particular in the type of environment that I care for children in therefore, should you decide you'd like for me to care for the boys, I would be interested in seeing your home as well before I make a permanent decision as well. Hope this doesn't offend you; I myself have had some surprises in the past in the past, therefore want to be cautious as well. I fully respect your wishes and hope you understand mine as well.

God Bless,

Felicia

I feel like she is pressuring me to let her come to my home. I am not down with that nor am I down with her 23 yr old boyfriend coming to my house. I mean its illegal for them to date and I am sketchy at best about having men I dont know around my children since I had issues with a guy when I was little

Advertisement

JellEBeanDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:40 PM   #2
daisy0306
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Help Would you even interveiw this girl as a sitter?

I'm not a WOHM, but as a parent I would stay firm about meeting in the park. And I would NOT want her fiance at my house with my children AT ALL. If she can't agree to those terms then perhaps she's not who you're looking for
daisy0306 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:41 PM   #3
JDT
Banned

My Mood:

Honestly I didn't even need to read all of that to know that she was a big fat no!

When you said "she started giving me bad vibes" that's all I needed to know.

I have hired MANY babysitters over the years. More than resumes I go on gut!
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 01:49 PM   #4
JeDeeLenae
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm not even going to read the post because my first thought when I saw the title of the thread was, "If you're worried enough to ask on Diaperswappers, it's probably a no."

JeDeeLenae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:06 PM   #5
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

Location: I'm only passing through here as my real home is in Heaven!
My Mood:

That's weird that she wants to meet at your home first. I would say no, and meet her at the park. You can tell her that if the interview goes well, then you can have a second interview at your house that way she can make her decision. But I would really go with your gut, you sound weary of her and a mothers instinct in always right. Goodluck mama.
Old 07-07-2008, 02:10 PM   #6
saongiri
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hmmm-I never interviewed a sitter either but this sounds weird and I'm not sure about it.I definitely wouldn't let her come to my house at this point and heck no I wouldn't let her bring her fiance around my kids. Just my alo if it feels off that's ptobably your mommy radar going off!
Old 07-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #7
kittkat398
Registered Users
seller

If you're getting bad vibes it's most likely not going to work out.
Also she's interviewing for a job. A job for her. This is not a tandem position, you aren't looking to hire two people. The fiance does not belong with her while she's working. End of story.
kittkat398 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:19 PM   #8
BumbleBear
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeDeeLenae View Post
I'm not even going to read the post because my first thought when I saw the title of the thread was, "If you're worried enough to ask on Diaperswappers, it's probably a no."
Go with your gut, mama!
BumbleBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 02:44 PM   #9
BNC
Registered Users
sitesupporter
seller
seller

Definately dont hire her. 1) you are already wary of it 2) she wants to bring her 23 year old boyfriend, who she has known for less than 1 year around your kids 3) she is interviewing for a JOB - she should do everything in her power to accomodate you, not the other way around.

Search with SwagBucks & earn gift cards!
ADORABLE WINTER HATS FSOT!
BNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:31 PM   #10
AmyCivic80
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I personally wouldn't hire her. I find it to be very strange that she would even think to ask if her fiance could come to her JOB with her. I would go with your gut and not hire her.
Amy, wife to Greg and proud mommy to Cailin Avery (5/6/07), Kylie Elise (12/20/08), and baby #3 (due 10/11/11).
AmyCivic80 is offline   Reply With Quote