Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-07-2008, 06:57 PM   #1
swmrgrl
Registered Users
seller

? about informing agencies

Hi everyone...this is my first official post here. My DH and I chose our agency (WHFC) and have started our homestudy after much research. We're really excited, although I must admit I try to calm myself down b/c I know it will be a long road. My question is what the etiquette is on letting the agencies I was researching but didn't choose know that we chose a different agency. I've gotten a few calls and some emails from the other agencies. Should I call them back/email them back that I have chosen another agency, thanks for their time, etc.?

Advertisement

Old 07-07-2008, 07:20 PM   #2
StacyW
Banned
seller

My Mood:
Re: ? about informing agencies

I would def. let them know you chose another agency. That way if you ever have to change agencies you won't have left a bad impression
StacyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 08:23 PM   #3
shrijnana
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I also used WHFC for our adoption from Ethiopia and loved working with them. I agree it would be a good idea to let the other agencies know you have made a selection, if you have made persona contact with people. If they are just sending you automatic email information from a web inquiry, you probably don't need to follow up!
Old 07-08-2008, 04:58 AM   #4
beansmommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

I also used WHFC twice thru the Ethiopian program! We were one of the first families to bring a child home from Ethiopia =) So congrat's on the first step.

Like the others I would also let the other agencies know. I'd just drop them an email..."I just wanted to let you know at this time we are all set with our adoption and wanted to thank you for all of your help thus far."
Old 07-08-2008, 07:08 PM   #5
swmrgrl
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for your replies...I'm so excited to hear from other WHFC familes. We talked with our social worker again today and have started all our crazy dossier requirements/paper chase. We're adopting from Colombia!
Old 07-12-2008, 03:20 PM   #6
misslissa
Registered Users

Just be honest. Most agencies want a "good match" and respect that people look around. If they're rude about it, just be glad you didn't pick them!
www.thecorkums.com
misslissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 05:24 PM   #7
addiesmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'd just shoot them a quite email thanking them for their time but letting them know you chose a different agency. I know lots of people who used WH and speak very highly of them. They were one of the ones we considered but decided to go with Gladney. Keep us posted on your progress.