Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2008, 02:13 PM   #21
kaoh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Heartbroken

I am so sorry for your loss. We just lost out on our second potential adoption. Its hard. But I hope that you come through this OK and your baby that was meant to be with you will find you soon.

I have to say I was glad to read that they had the decency to call and apologize to you. I think that shows this is someone who has a heart and did not make this decision lightly. And that is a good thing for this baby. We just lost out on our second potential baby, and the birth family just never called to tell us. We heard through a friend.

Anyway, I know its small comfort and that you are in a lot of pain. Hold onto the baby things, let yourself grieve, and be open to the little one that will surely find you.

Advertisement

Old 07-08-2008, 03:00 PM   #22
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

my heart aches for you and your family...I can only offer prayers and hopes for a new day.....have faith
Old 07-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #23
samilyn1981
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Old 07-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #24
mycrunchykids
Banned
seller

My Mood:

WOW! mama I am so sorry
if it helps any I will get preggers jsut for you...im not joking either...
mycrunchykids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 04:59 PM   #25
sweety13
Registered Users

My Mood:

Mama, I am crying for you So sorry...words can't say it...
Old 07-08-2008, 05:00 PM   #26
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I know it's soo soo painful right now, but I pray that you will look back on this experience with this precious baby with joy in your heart. We went through a similar experience. We had Alyssa for 8 days before her mother took her back. We knew it was a risk taking her home from the hospital, but just felt that it was the right thing to do at the time. We cherished the time we had with that little newborn and while we didn't get to experience the actual birth, we did get to see her within minutes of her birth. (Our Allison was 13 hours old by the time we got to the hospital.)

I know I had people that didn't understand the difference between meeting your child at 3 min. old compared to 13 hours old... as someone had told me that we will have the rest of our lives with our child - but for someone who may never get to experience a pregnancy and give birth, being with your potential adopted child from the min. they are born is very precious.

So I'm praying for you, that even if you don't get to have the hospital experience with the next child you attempt to adopt, that you will at least cherish the memories you got to share with little Lucy.

The first couple of days with our Allison, I actually felt numb and still grieved the loss of Alyssa (it was less than 7 months after we lost Alyssa that we got Allison.) But now, we have moved on and we have the blessing of Allison in our lives... who is more perfect than we can imagine.. and we thought Alyssa was perfect too! I pray that God is preparing you for an even greater miracle after the heartache you have had to endure.

My dh and I went into marriage couseling after the loss of Alyssa (we had gone before her to deal with infertility issues also.) It's very stressful on a marriage to loose a child - and each person/couple handles it differently.

And yes, the second time around.. we were definatly more guarded.. and I think we are still guarded as we think about adopting again.. because we have Alli's heart/emotions to protect too.

Hang in there.
Praying for #2 - either by birth or adoption
Paula - Wife to youth pastor & Mamma to Alli born 01/03/07 & brought home on 01/05/07
cravnp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 05:53 PM   #27
Edensmomma
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Mama my heart breaks for you. I am so sorry.
Edensmomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 06:51 PM   #28
ThatLinGirl
Registered Users
seller

Karen, I am so so sorry. I've just read your blog and I am in tears for you and your family. I am so sorry for your loss.

Lindsay, mama to Caroline Lois (05/28/06) and scrunchy new Kate (12/31/08)
ThatLinGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 07:02 PM   #29
5tinytreasures
Registered Users
seller

I am so sorry

OPC3
5tinytreasures is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 08:48 PM   #30
meganne79
Registered Users
seller

I'm so sorry! I can only imagine your heartbreak. My BIL and his wife had a birthmom change her mind 1 week before the baby's EDD after 4 months of planning to have him become theirs. Please take care of yourself and take time to heal, it will take time!

RN/CNM Student/SAHM to Maggie 03-23-06,
Nora 04-06-09, and Ben 05-03-11
meganne79 is offline   Reply With Quote