Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-08-2008, 11:17 AM   #1
JDT
Banned

My Mood:
Pet Peeves

I'm not easily annoyed, but there is a woman that I work with who sooo gets on my nerves! I don't say anything to her - I usually just walk away but sometimes I just want to slap her silly!

Here are my pet peeves with her

* She "knows" EVERYTHING about children and is too glad to give advice based on her expereince as a dog owner
* She's already decided everything she's going to do as a mom
* She raves on and on about how great other co-workers are even if they're terrible
* She's got TONS of marital advice for others - she's been married for 4 months.
* We work for a private firm. She's SUPER concerned about how the owner runs his personal affairs

Sooo annoying

Anyway - please post your pet peeves

Advertisement

JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 12:33 PM   #2
keonli
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Pet Peeves

I have a huge pet peeve with my co workers asking me when I'm ready to have another one. DS is only 13 months and I told them that I'd rather space out my children, at least 5 years between them. They go on and on about how it's a bad idea!

I also hate the lack of training provided with my work place, yet they expect me to learn all the programs and get everything done on time. Grrrr!
keonli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:01 PM   #3
frogandtoad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Cool Re: Pet Peeves

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDT View Post
I'm not easily annoyed, but there is a woman that I work with who sooo gets on my nerves! I don't say anything to her - I usually just walk away but sometimes I just want to slap her silly!

* She "knows" EVERYTHING about children and is too glad to give advice based on her expereince as a dog owner

I just had to laugh ...
Quote:
Ha ha ha -- my kids were perfect too - BEFORE I became a parent.

Maybe you should start giving her "dog owner" advice based on how the kids act
There are only two lasting bequests we hope to give our children; one is roots, the other wings.
frogandtoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:23 PM   #4
JDT
Banned

My Mood:

We were chatting this afternoon and I commented that my kids had broken a chair. She was like COMPLETELY HORRIFIED and asked "how do you deal with that?"

I said "what do you mean?" She said "patches has never BROKEN anything-I don't think I could deal with that!"
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 06:59 PM   #5
Nikki_Nikk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:

* She raves on and on about how great other co-workers are even if they're terrible
* She's got TONS of marital advice for others - she's been married for 4 months.
* We work for a private firm. She's SUPER concerned about how the owner runs his personal affairs

Sooo annoying

Anyway - please post your pet peeves

OMGoodness

...that's kinda in the realm of my main peeve.

My co-teachers (the ones with out children) will comment on parenting things that they have no clue about! Because they have child philosophy & development down pat and years of expereince working with children and familes, they know it all! It's all so simple!
" I don't know why "such-in suches" parents cant remeber to bring "such-in such". I tell them everyday, all they have to do is...if it were me I'd...""

They have no clue about getting home after work, and having to cook, bath the children, get lunches together, pj's, clothes for the next day etc., etc., etc...

Sometimes I'll "enlighten" them, and other times I feel like why bother...
Old 07-11-2008, 07:58 AM   #6
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have a coworker who's overly sensitive to the point if you pause too long to open the hallway door which is right outside her office, she's gone on and on about how we 'watch' her and it's been a huge fiasco off and on.
Old 07-11-2008, 11:00 PM   #7
alysaysrelax
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
We were chatting this afternoon and I commented that my kids had broken a chair. She was like COMPLETELY HORRIFIED and asked "how do you deal with that?"

I said "what do you mean?" She said "patches has never BROKEN anything-I don't think I could deal with that!"
OMG! what a nutter

Anyway my pet peeves are silly but I just started training at a new job and there is one person who I was hired with that always talks about her old job
"well at verizon we did this,and this is how it was done at verizon,and oh if I can learn FIOS,I can learn this"
Okay first of all we work for a bank not a phone company and if Verizon is so wonderful then go back!Gah
She also taps the LCD monitors with her fingers all the time,I can't imagine how dirty it is.
alysaysrelax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:26 PM   #8
KaleidoscopeEyes
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have this one coworker that totally sucks.

She lies about everything. about her personal life, she'll say that she did something (like clip fingernails) and I will check and she didn't, about coworkers etc

she is lazy (we have to constantly tell her to get up and work)and when she does work she does a $hitty half fast job.

she is given the same instructions over and over again and she just doesn't get it. She makes lunches for the clients (because we really can't have her doing anything else because she screws everything up) and her food is either undercooked (like raw meat) overcooked (mushy noodles) and her portions are tiny, one time I worked an overnight after her and saw that she packed 1/2 c veggies and 1/2 cup spaghetti! I had to remake lunches. Time and time again I have shown her how much she needs to make, my boss has, my coworkers have, it's been written several times in the comm log etc and she keeps doing it! Grrrrrr Some of these folks do nothing but walk around all day (literally) this is all the food that they get from the time they eat breakfast until they come back from day program at 4 pm. I've explained this to her, I have seen her eat and told her several times that this is all they get all day and to make them as much as she would eat. One day she made tuna and crackers WTF? I'm honestly not sure if she's just really stupid or really lazy

She's constantly calling in, she even left a shift early (before someone came to relieve her from duty) and one time she didn't even show up at all. She claimed that someone else was suppose to cover her shift but they had no idea about it..

I swear the only reason that she isn't fired is that we are already short staffed as it is. My boss needs to hire 3 full time people, we have horrible luck with staff, this is a demanding job. You have people (they are mentally retarded) having behaviors all day, screaming, yelling, trying to get into stuff they aren't suppose to. You have to give showers, change diapers etc. Applications are few and far between and when we do hire people they rarely stay. Besides my boss I am senior staff at this home and I've only been here a little over a year. It's no wonder that I transferred out to an ISL. Now I have one client that does everything for herself and my job is really to be a companion and driver. Now I have it made (even though I typically still fill in 2-3 shifts a week at the group home)
Super crunchy, atheist, vegetarian, liberal WOH and student mama to 4 wonderful, smart homeschooling kids Wesley 16, Seth 9, Pandora Moonlilly 5 and Nevermore Stargazer 2, married to my awesome sahd artist hubby and partner to my amazing writer/techy boyfriend
KaleidoscopeEyes is offline   Reply With Quote