Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #1
galesville1980
Registered Users
seller

Wait is killing me..

I live in WI and we are looking to adopt our first baby...the wait list is killer her! ugh ..I try to keep my mind on other things but man it is hard!

How long have u been waiting..what do u do to keep your mind off things

Advertisement

We thank god for our infertility everyday!!
galesville1980 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 02:47 PM   #2
RJmomof4
Registered Users
Formerly: RJmomof2
seller

My Mood:
Re: Wait is killing me..

we cant afford to adopt. But I just wanted to say good for you, waiting must be so hard. Im guessing coming on here or doing anything "baby" is going to make things hard for you tho.
Old 07-09-2008, 05:35 PM   #3
tempest
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hiya,

Hubby and I are "in waiting" as well. We completed our home study and were approved to adopt the first of March. This will be our first lo as well. Other then nesting, preparing the nursery, and getting hooked on all the cute dipes on this site, I just try to go about my day to day routine and not drive everyone around me crazy with adoption talk, LOL.
tempest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2008, 07:01 PM   #4
kaoh
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We have been waiting for a year. Its hard. I have been doing some serious nesting and trying to get a lot of stuff "done" so I can relax and be with the baby. We had two potential adoptions fall through, fortunately before we told out kids about them. Its driving me crazy but I just keep on going - last week we got the house painted, this week I am workshopping a couple of chapters from my novel, in augst I start lining up classes to keep my foster license up to date. I have lots of plans, but nothing that can't be put on hold when a baby comes to us. Hang in there, keep busy, and when its right it will happen.
Old 07-10-2008, 08:31 AM   #5
galesville1980
Registered Users
seller

LOL I hear you on watching that u dont talk to much about adoption..I tend to do that myself . We have been TTC since April 2004 (lots and lots of infertility stuff), we got PG 2 times but lost them around 5-6 weeks . After the last M/C we decided it was time to move on to adoption (just fyi it is NOT 2nd best to us just a differnt way to form a family )! I have not worked on the babies room at all as it would hurt me to much walking into an empty room...so I spend my time buying stuff for the baby instead . Another thing we are doing is making an adoption video/diary!

I really wish you all the best of luck on your adoption journey!!!

Old 07-10-2008, 04:38 PM   #6
cravnp99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We had a seven year "wait" before we got our first LO.... with the first six and a half years TTC - we lost 3 babies - 2 to miscarriage and 1 to a failed adoption. But the time it took to get Alli after meeting her birthmom was only a couple of months. And from the time that we first decided to adopt, it was only 9 months. During that time, I worked on decorating the nursery, and other projects around the house.... also working part time at the preschool kept me busy.

Now, with waiting for #2, I have a busy toddler to chase! So far we've gotten our homestudy approved, but haven't turned in our profile, so technically we aren't even "waiting" yet.. LOL. We actually lost another baby to miscarriage when LO was 4 months old. So part of me was hoping for another surprise pregnancy (because the drs. told us it would be near to impossible to get pregnant again on our own... what did they know?)

Really thought that the last one was going to be our miracle baby since it was so unexpectant, but secretly I believe God wants us to adopt a second one before He surprises us with a baby born to us... and I'm hoping it will be twins because I've always thought four would be a good number - and dh thinks 2 or 3 is enough...

I'm excited to see how God's plan works out in our lives... because He has already shown me that His plan is much better than what I can dream up!

Of course, we may adopt our second and then I'll decide that two is more than enough! LO#1 has been so very easy and some days I'm glad just to have one... but we so much believe in the sibling relationship, that we can't stop here.

sorry I just rambled on about next to nothing... Maybe reading this at least occupied your "wait time" for a little bit.
Praying for #2 - either by birth or adoption
Paula - Wife to youth pastor & Mamma to Alli born 01/03/07 & brought home on 01/05/07
cravnp99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 04:59 PM   #7
dmagsam
Registered Users
seller

Smile Re: Wait is killing me..

I haven't posted here much, but I'm in the same situation as you. TTC for the past 3 years, now pursuing adoption. For us adoption is not 2nd choice, either--we always knew we would adopt someday, we just thought it would be later, when we actually had the money, etc. Oh well--here we are and we truly believe this is where we are supposed to be! We are so thrilled about starting our family and can't wait to meet the LO who is meant for us.

Our homestudy is complete and we were activated with our agency last week. We had news of a potential match on the day of our activation, but haven't heard anything since. So...we "hurry up and wait" as DH keeps saying. Waiting is not my strong suit, but I figure I'd better get used to it. In the meantime I'm doing some home improvement projects, reading as much as I can about adoption in general and transracial adoption, and researching baby gear to decide what I really want. I find that keeping busy is key--otherwise the waiting really gets to me! I'm ready to set up the baby room but don't want to get too far ahead of myself, so I haven't decided when is the right time for me as far as that goes.

Good luck to everyone!
dmagsam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 05:26 PM   #8
Kori
Registered Users

My Mood:

I've been waiting 5 months, 3 weeks and 5 days. The exciting thing is that we started on the waiting list at #22 and now we're #11 (technically #14 but my agency just got 3 new referrals in that just need to be matched!) so we're already half way to referral. I know the time frame isn't set but that's how I'm thinking of it. The first 5 months have been fast and we haven't really been doing anything. Monday I was just told to start my homestudy so hopefully doing all the work that the homestudy involves will make the time go even faster.

I'm actually good with the wait. I hope my daughter's home in the spring. Any longer than that and I might start losing patience.

New and like new clothes as low as $2.27 shipped at http://thredup.com/ for first time customers when using the code FIRST35 for 35% off + free shipping
my adoption blog - http://ourfuturedaughter.blogspot.com/
Kori is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 07:53 AM   #9
galesville1980
Registered Users
seller

I love reading all the posts cause I relate to each and everyone of them! I am so sorry for all your loses ...and I wish all of you the best of luck! I also think god wants us to adopt our first child and then who knows maybe we will have one born to us...I just want to see how it is to be PG and ware all those cute clothes and everything else that goes with being PG. I really hope we find a BM that wants us to join her at her dr. apps! I would love to be able to go to the U/S and hear the heart beat!

We are putting an ad in the news paper this week and next in hopes to find a BM sooner then the agency can...speaking of that have you guys seen the movie Juno..OMG love it! It is a must see!

Old 07-14-2008, 09:50 AM   #10
addiesmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We've been "in process for the past year and half but only been officially on the "wait list" for 10 weeks. Most referrals with my agency are in thr 3-5 month window so I'm getting close. I know 10 weeks is nothing in the grand scheme of things but the past year and a half has been a journey...some good and some bad but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world!