Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2006, 07:42 AM   #11
greenkmt
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I attended my first homebirth yesterday/today

Man, I am so excited for you. Sounds like you did a good job keeping her secure during labor. Good Deal.

Advertisement

DOULA in training!

HCG Diet works! Ask me how.
greenkmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:18 AM   #12
Timetodance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing_butt_cloth View Post
I know, it is weirdhuh?? I have been a doula for about2 1/2 years, but have yet to make a cent LOL. I do free births for those who have lost a child, either by MC, stillbirth, ortheloss of an older child. I also do free births for single teenagemoms, and moms with hubbies that are deployed. It is a calling in life, and i dont really care to make any money LOL
That IS a calling.
Timetodance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:54 PM   #13
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I went and saw him and mommy today, and he is just beautiful!!!!! Perfect in everyway. I just held hm for like an hour and a half, and could not puthim down. It was very bitter sweet.... But i thought i should get the holding him over with,before too much time has passed, and i was afraid to hold him..

I feel bad though, because I said something i shouldnt have. She made a comment about how she would have prefered a specialneeds girl over having a boy, and i said, it could be worse... she could have my son.... I felt bad and appologized, but I think SHE felt worse than i did..
Old 10-05-2006, 07:56 PM   #14
Luv2bemommy
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing_butt_cloth View Post
I know, it is weirdhuh?? I have been a doula for about2 1/2 years, but have yet to make a cent LOL. I do free births for those who have lost a child, either by MC, stillbirth, ortheloss of an older child. I also do free births for single teenagemoms, and moms with hubbies that are deployed. It is a calling in life, and i dont really care to make any money LOL

I am not DONA certified. but i have done all they have required, and taken all the classes and continue to educate myself. I just figure, if i am not making any money, why should i ay DONA.. LOL

How long have you been a doula
I do all volunteer work also.. LOL I love it so much that I don't mind not getting paid for it at ALL!! I am through DONA also but I don't think I will be getting certified since I am going to do an apprenticeship to become a midwife, becoming certified through DONA would prevent me from doing clinicals, etc.

It truely IS a calling!! It's so great to see another doula here!
Old 10-05-2006, 08:03 PM   #15
bamamom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

homebirths rock!
bamamom is offline   Reply With Quote