Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-09-2008, 05:53 PM   #1
mommytaylor
Banned
seller

Switching from Avent to Playtex!! No more BPA!!

I just wanted to dance a little bit. We've tried every bottle produced (not an exaggeration let me tell you), and DS would only take Avent bottles, which may have something to do with the fact he was breastfed (I've heard such at least).

I'm not such a big fan of the BPA in them, but I was at a loss. We've kept trying and he's FINALLY taking Playtex (the new style) drop ins! I know the bottle is BPA free and the local grocer sells BPA free drop ins!!!

I'm so happy! No more worries over BPA!

Advertisement

mommytaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 07:03 PM   #2
the8dunlaps
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Switching from Avent to Playtex!! No more BPA!!

YAY!!!! I'm right there with you on your excitement! I know what it's like to try everything and finally find something that works.
My ds has too tried all the bottles, and we were just able to take back $200 worth of sippies and bottles to target and toysrus for a combo of money back on cc and the no receipt ones I got TRU store credit. I was so excited! We just switched our stash of 12 Dr. Brown's BPA bottles in for 12 NEW Dr. Brown's BPA FREE ones. YAY!!!!

http://https://www.facebook.com/TheHappyHippos
Cloth diapers, accessories, baby gowns, nursing cover ups, towels, blankets, capes and more!!!
the8dunlaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:21 PM   #3
ooocharmsooo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

yep I went to BRU tonight and retunred my dr Bs and avents!!! Adn got Dr Bs PBA free!!! (Im not gonna use them though)
We are using Avent Sippys with the bottle caps
ooocharmsooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:30 PM   #4
jewelz1171
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Instead of buying new bottles I also started using Avent sippys with the bottle caps! The only thing was that when we started to use them as a cup, they leaked like crazy from the ring in a couple different spots so I bought new First years bpa free sippys, the one piece ones with no valves. Sure beats the multiple parts of the avent cups!
Old 07-24-2008, 08:13 PM   #5
kids34778
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Hi all. I am new to this forum but I had to chime in. Guess what I found today at Target? BPA FREE Avent bottles!!!! Finally they've caught on.

I am lurking in this forum for now. We hope to BF this time but my first 2 perfect PG's ended in horrible births and NICU babies and BF wasn't too great so I pumped. This time we are hoping for a good delivery and a better chance but I am reading up on all the formula issues/pros/cons just in case we do formula again. We LOVE Avent and only use the disposables but when I saw the BPA free I was happy!!!

Last edited by kids34778; 07-24-2008 at 08:23 PM. Reason: spelling
kids34778 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2008, 08:27 PM   #6
katesmash
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jewelz1171 View Post
Instead of buying new bottles I also started using Avent sippys with the bottle caps! The only thing was that when we started to use them as a cup, they leaked like crazy from the ring in a couple different spots so I bought new First years bpa free sippys, the one piece ones with no valves. Sure beats the multiple parts of the avent cups!
I was just going to say that!
We use the Avent sippys, but we kept the white rings from the avent bottles (no bpa in those) and use the Avent nipples until DD will finally take a sippy spout someday.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:59 PM   #7
kids34778
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

And you know I never thought about that, using the sippy's with nipples. I got rid of the sippy's long ago, my kids never digged the spout. But I do remember that all the Avent stuff is interchangeable. And I can't stand the 3-part ringy thingy of the spouts. BUT I think I did use a nipple with one once. Thanks for mentioning it.
Old 07-24-2008, 09:17 PM   #8
blessedmomof2!
Registered Users

My Mood:

Good to know that Avent has BPA free bottles. I'll be looking for them this weekend. Now they need to work on their breast pumps!!
blessedmomof2! is offline   Reply With Quote