Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2008, 10:30 AM   #1
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Let's Talk about special things

Just wanted to say i love when DS comes home with artwork and love hearing him talk about the letters and stuff on the walls at daycare. It always gives me a little extra perk after being away from him all day. And the look on his face and pep in his step when he sees me walk into his room is priceless.

Advertisement

Old 07-10-2008, 10:48 AM   #2
kaspears17
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Let's Talk about special things

Yeah, I love when I pick up DS from daycare and he runs over to hug me then goes back to play. I know he really enjoys it there. He just started showing me his cubby which is soo cute too. "blank pubby mamma" which means, put my blanket in my cubby, mom. I also love that teh other kids in his class hug me too. It's so sweet!
Old 07-10-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
laj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Me too! I hate being away from my guys during the day, but it's so nice to know that they're in a great daycare. We started them at a new in home daycare last September and we all love it. They come home daily with artwork, and they always do something special for all of the holidays/special occasions throughout the year, they've learned new songs, and our dcp reinforces the same values that we have. And my guys always stop what they're doing and run over to give me big hugs and kisses as soon as they see me. It's so nice to know that they're being well taken care of, isn't it.
Old 07-10-2008, 05:28 PM   #4
Nikki_Nikk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspears17 View Post
I also love that teh other kids in his class hug me too. It's so sweet!
This is quickly becoming my fav forum here!

My school is a co-op, which if you've never heard about, basically means that parents spend time helping in their child's classroom for a few hours a week.

A few years ago, a new parent in the school (whose child was in my classroom) made a speech in a school-wide meeting about what the experience of her family joining the school was like.
She shared some general things about what was happening in the classroom, projects I was doing with them ( laughing at how I have kids covered in paint & glue with bubble wrap ), and things the children were learning outside traditional curriculum. What she said that touched me the most was about the stong relationships that all the parents made with each other, and their children. She commented on how the teachers cheered on every developmental milestone, and the parents cared and encouraged all the children as well.

The sense of community is so strong for families in good schools, it's great to know as a teacher, and a parent, that you have such a great support system.

I literally have binders and cd's of photos,and documentation of all the amazing ventures, concepts, discoveries my son has encountered while in pre school. He's really mised it since I've been on extended maternity leave! Lol
Old 07-11-2008, 07:49 AM   #5
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaspears17 View Post
Yeah, I love when I pick up DS from daycare and he runs over to hug me then goes back to play. I know he really enjoys it there. He just started showing me his cubby which is soo cute too. "blank pubby mamma" which means, put my blanket in my cubby, mom. I also love that teh other kids in his class hug me too. It's so sweet!
landon's peers come up to me too. i get a few hugs here and there

that's sweet
Old 07-11-2008, 07:51 AM   #6
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

awesome nikki nikk!! i like it here too. i love the co-op idea

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nikki_Nikk View Post
This is quickly becoming my fav forum here!

My school is a co-op, which if you've never heard about, basically means that parents spend time helping in their child's classroom for a few hours a week.

A few years ago, a new parent in the school (whose child was in my classroom) made a speech in a school-wide meeting about what the experience of her family joining the school was like.
She shared some general things about what was happening in the classroom, projects I was doing with them ( laughing at how I have kids covered in paint & glue with bubble wrap ), and things the children were learning outside traditional curriculum. What she said that touched me the most was about the stong relationships that all the parents made with each other, and their children. She commented on how the teachers cheered on every developmental milestone, and the parents cared and encouraged all the children as well.

The sense of community is so strong for families in good schools, it's great to know as a teacher, and a parent, that you have such a great support system.

I literally have binders and cd's of photos,and documentation of all the amazing ventures, concepts, discoveries my son has encountered while in pre school. He's really mised it since I've been on extended maternity leave! Lol
Old 07-11-2008, 07:51 AM   #7
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by laj View Post
Me too! I hate being away from my guys during the day, but it's so nice to know that they're in a great daycare. We started them at a new in home daycare last September and we all love it. They come home daily with artwork, and they always do something special for all of the holidays/special occasions throughout the year, they've learned new songs, and our dcp reinforces the same values that we have. And my guys always stop what they're doing and run over to give me big hugs and kisses as soon as they see me. It's so nice to know that they're being well taken care of, isn't it.
that's very nice. thanks for sharing
Old 07-11-2008, 11:23 AM   #8
JDT
Banned

My Mood:

My son has a profound speech delay so he goes to a special school. Each day he's learning new words/ideas.

It seems so silly to talk about sometimes, but when he learns a new word/concept he LOVE to show off what he's learned.

Lately its cereal. He LOVES to ask for cereal. Of course is sounds like "C-E-O" but the idea that he even knows what to call it is completely THRILLING to me. ANd he likes his CEO with Nilk. Soo sweet!

Today when I left he said "by mommy-luv you!" I MELTED!

Last edited by JDT; 07-11-2008 at 11:24 AM. Reason: because my spelling is ridiculous!
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:30 AM   #9
medaroge
Registered Users
seller

today my son told me that he wants to "read and go to the library every day!"
medaroge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 11:32 AM   #10
kaspears17
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Today when I left he said "by mommy-luv you!" I MELTED!
Oh, HOW SWEET! Dontcha love that.