Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-04-2006, 11:42 PM   #1
mommabug42006
Registered Users
seller

I can't stop buying...

WIPES!!! I am so loving the 8x4 travel size ones! I am using them for everybody. They are a good size for us I just gotta stop buying them I already have waiting on 4 dozen or so and just ordered MORE and begged for a custom I am shameless!!

Advertisement

mommabug42006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:44 PM   #2
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Re: I can't stop buying...

Old 10-04-2006, 11:49 PM   #3
Ooey
Full of Surprises
seller

you need a sewing machine! lol but then you would probably havea fabric addiction just as bad!
#3 Coming Oct. 2015!
Ooey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2006, 11:54 PM   #4
stopka7224
Registered Users
seller

Yes.. wipes are very addictive. A good cheap retail therapy high!
Old 10-05-2006, 12:04 AM   #5
Bare Bottom Gear
Cruelty is a tyrant that's always attended with fear
Formerly: SAHMTo2
seller

My Mood:

Yeah, don't buy a machine. As soon as you do you will begin the "oh, I can make that, no need to pay that much for that" and then comes the "oh that fabric would be great for this and that" and $800 later you will have eight 20 gallon bins of fabric and $400 in machines.

Check out my other FSOT items, I've got diapers, yarn and fiber for sale!!
Bare Bottom Gear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 12:15 AM   #6
mommabug42006
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ooey View Post
you need a sewing machine! lol but then you would probably havea fabric addiction just as bad!
I already have a fabric addiction lol. Right at this minute I have about 100+ yards of various material. I have I know for a fact about 10 yards of material I got for wipes and I CAN NOT cut a straight line so I quit trying to make wipes and started buying! I am addicted to spending money lol! However I do make about 10 purses, shopping bags and diaper bags a week I have one to match everything I own lol
Old 10-05-2006, 01:08 AM   #7
beenwaitingalongtime
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Yeah, don't buy a machine. As soon as you do you will begin the "oh, I can make that, no need to pay that much for that" and then comes the "oh that fabric would be great for this and that" and $800 later you will have eight 20 gallon bins of fabric and $400 in machines.
...and then you have to make/sell them to try to get some of the money back, but spend so much time doing it, you don't have enough for your own DC--the reason you bought all the stuff in the first place!

I've actually gotten ones from Kathy (cathias_place) made in the exact same sherpa colors, backed w/ velour from the very same coop...serged in the same variegated-colored threads that I own--THAT'S how much time I'm spending on trying to sell my stuff to help pay for the fluff cravings. (I prefer 'cravings' over 'addiction'--sounds less serious ) It's a vicious circle!
Old 10-05-2006, 05:27 AM   #8
~stacy~
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabug42006 View Post
I already have a fabric addiction lol. Right at this minute I have about 100+ yards of various material. I have I know for a fact about 10 yards of material I got for wipes and I CAN NOT cut a straight line so I quit trying to make wipes and started buying! I am addicted to spending money lol! However I do make about 10 purses, shopping bags and diaper bags a week I have one to match everything I own lol
I'm right there with you. I am addicted to the buying too (fabric, sewing notions or diapers, but not much else ). But hows about one of those rotary blades and mats to cut your straight lines. I couldn't live without mine. Not that you wouldn't STILL want to BUY the wipes tho. LOL!

I am going cold turkey on the whole buying thing right now. On the wagon, you know. But I still fall off a lot. It's torture!
Old 10-05-2006, 05:37 AM   #9
mommabug42006
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenMountainMama View Post
I'm right there with you. I am addicted to the buying too (fabric, sewing notions or diapers, but not much else ). But hows about one of those rotary blades and mats to cut your straight lines. I couldn't live without mine. Not that you wouldn't STILL want to BUY the wipes tho. LOL!

I am going cold turkey on the whole buying thing right now. On the wagon, you know. But I still fall off a lot. It's torture!

I went out and bought a rotary cutter and a mat and alas I still have crooked lines?? Maybe because I am left handed I don't know but I a a big quitter if I don't get something within a few hours I call it quites before I start tossing stuff
Old 10-05-2006, 05:38 AM   #10
penguinmama
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommabug42006 View Post
Two words: rotary cutter! Get yourself one of those, and a good stencil (one that's made for cutting fleece fringe works great, just a bunch of straight lines) and you're in business!
penguinmama is offline   Reply With Quote