Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2008, 01:55 PM   #11
odentonmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: I hate mommy wars just as much as the next guy...

That is very sad. We all have bad days, but for some people that seems to be their norm and that makes me sad for the LOs.

Advertisement

Help Keep Dr. Jack Newman's Breastfeeding Clinic open, click here for info & to donate.
odentonmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:57 PM   #12
shutterbugmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by delicatefade View Post
I feel the same way, yet I find myself raising my voice far too often. I am a very impatient person, and I admit I can be very short with my kids. Any idea on how I can change, because I'm sick of it.
I kwym. I am faaar from perfect as well.

Look into 'Love and Logic' classes in your area. Buy the book. It has changed sooooo many people's lives! I have heard rave after rave after rave. I plan on taking some soon.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:57 PM   #13
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Those things would make me upset too.

Actually, I have a REALLY hard time taking DD to those play places in the mall because mostly my experience with them is awful. I'm usually the only parent WATCHING my kid - as in, standing with her and mostly it's because if I don't some other kid who isn't being supervised is going to tackle her to the ground because they are running around like crazy while their parents drink their Starbucks. It drives me bonkers.

Same with the park.

It's hard for me to ignore it and carry on with ourselves. Last time we were at the park a Dad was spanking his LITTLE toddler for no real reason at all (not that I think there is ever a reason). I was so upset. I hate seeing that stuff.
Old 07-10-2008, 01:58 PM   #14
Rosella
Registered Users
seller

I have been brought to tears at the mall and other places - too often - seeing small children treated like this as a matter of course. I can't imagine their lives in private if that is what they are subjected to in public. It makes me so sad. I so frequently want to say something out of just decency and compassion to the child, but who knows whether some nut job mom would be able to justify 'popping' me for interrupting her sick cycle of abuse?

I mean, would most of us stand by and let a person hit and smack and berate their cowering dog? But we feel we have to stay out of it when it's other mamas and innocent babies.

We should remember that if a situation cannot be changed, there's no point in worrying about it. If it can be changed, there is no need to worry about it either, we should simply go about changing it. His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama

Last edited by Rosella; 07-10-2008 at 01:59 PM.
Rosella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:58 PM   #15
sadieanne
Registered Users

My Mood:

I walked by a woman at the park on monday and after I past her I heard her say to her 5ish month old screaming baby "you need to shut the fu*# up!!"

I was horrified!

Anybody ever seen the movie "sherrybaby" with Maggie Gylenhal? There's a scene where she's waiting with her daughter to use the restroom and a woman behind her is yelling at her kid and grabbing his arm really hard, and maggie's character grabs the woman by the hair and lays into her, it's awesome and I felt like doing it on monday, but I didn't because then I would probably go to jail and have my own kid taken away.
sadieanne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 01:59 PM   #16
harvestsmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree. All of us as moms know not to start by yelling. We all start there. But none of us get the sleep , food, or downtime that we need. Frustration comes quicker than we would like.
happy to be married to Dustin 9/21/02 mom to Gabriel 4/7/98 reagan 10/26/03 Harvest 9/2/05 cry: : and Liberty 4/22/07. And coming in January baby #5, It's a girl!! WAHM making leggies, burp cloths, receiving blankets.
harvestsmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #17
myfrugalfunlife
Banned- member requested
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbugmom View Post

Look into 'Love and Logic' classes in your area. Buy the book. It has changed sooooo many people's lives! I have heard rave after rave after rave. I plan on taking some soon.
I LOVE this-I read one of their books and the consequences idea is great-I still yell way too much but I'm getting better sara
myfrugalfunlife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 02:00 PM   #18
shutterbugmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by odentonmom View Post
That is very sad. We all have bad days, but for some people that seems to be their norm and that makes me sad for the LOs.
well said.

(((Ashleybelle))) s
Old 07-10-2008, 02:01 PM   #19
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadieanne View Post
I walked by a woman at the park on monday and after I past her I heard her say to her 5ish month old screaming baby "you need to shut the fu*# up!!"

I was horrified!

Anybody ever seen the movie "sherrybaby" with Maggie Gylenhal? There's a scene where she's waiting with her daughter to use the restroom and a woman behind her is yelling at her kid and grabbing his arm really hard, and maggie's character grabs the woman by the hair and lays into her, it's awesome and I felt like doing it on monday, but I didn't because then I would probably go to jail and have my own kid taken away.
Old 07-10-2008, 02:01 PM   #20
sadieanne
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shutterbugmom View Post

I love love love that book!!!
sadieanne is offline   Reply With Quote