View Poll Results: do you take your LO's to well-visits?
Yes, whenever the doc says to 48 44.44%
Yes, only when they need vax's 3 2.78%
No, just to avoid it all 30 27.78%
No, we get vax's without appointments 0 0%
Yes, but never/sometims for vax's 16 14.81%
Other, please explain 9 8.33%
we fully vax 15 13.89%
we delay vax 21 19.44%
we selective vax 20 18.52%
OTHER:VAX 22 20.37%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 108. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-10-2008, 09:18 PM   #11
snangel
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Who doesn't take thier LO's to well visits??

We don't vax and rarely see a dr. Other then my youngest who has some serious medical problems from his Goldenhar. We only go to the pead when we have to. i love him, he is great, but i am not to fond of the medical profession in general (I say this as a psych nurse so no flames)

Advertisement

Old 07-10-2008, 09:24 PM   #12
diapermommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We go to all our well baby check ups. But we do delay vax'ing
diapermommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:00 PM   #13
AnnaG01
Registered Users
seller

We do not vaccinate and we do not do well baby's...I can see that my children are healthy, smart, bright, developmentally on track, gaining and growing well...I can see that very clearly and don't need anyone telling me what I witness every day.

If I have a problem that I can't cure myself, I am not against going, however I wouldn't go for an ear infection, colds, fevers, etc unless something gets out of control. I always reaserch homeopathic remedies and so far they've always done the trick.

I don't know how many times I have walked in the office (before I stopped)for a WELL baby...with a WELL child and gone home to develop an illness...ICK
Riley (6), Skyler (4) , Payton (2) & our new baby Quinn Mackenzie My Blog
AnnaG01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #14
topazdodge
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

There is not a co-pay for well-child visits with our insurance, so we do all of them on time. We also do all vax's, but we do not do flu shots. I voted other vax since I don't really feel that is what selectively vaxing is all about.

Free Crochet Longies Instructions Here
topazdodge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:18 PM   #15
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We arent vaxing ATM and I take for all "WBC"s. *I* feel it's vital to have a 'good' relationship with the doctor. *I* feel if I only went when he was sick she wouldn't get to 'know' him and what is typical for him... (though I am sure she doesn't remember everything about him )

But I will continue to do so and she knows what to expect from us.
Old 07-10-2008, 11:25 PM   #16
slaferriere@berklee.net
Registered Users

I never got why you wouldn't go to a well baby visit.... I understand that if you don't vax (which we haven't yet and are delaying/selectively vaxing at about 2 years) it can seem pointless... But I enjoy our family practitioner and I think it is important that he builds a relationship w/ Lacie. If something did happen and I needed to bring her in, I feel more comfortable knowing that she isn't a complete stranger to him. I enjoy having him be a part of her development. Growing up I had the same pedi from birth til college. lol. JMO.

Big Sister Lacie Elizabeth Keegan 9lbs 5oz January 11, 2008
Married to Kory, the man who drives me insane and in love all at the same time!
slaferriere@berklee.net is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2008, 11:27 PM   #17
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

We take them once a year, but don't vax. I try to avoid taking my healthy kids to the Doc's office if I can. But I also think that it's a good idea to have them seen at least once a year to make sure all is well. My 5 yr old has a heart murmur, so we have to take him for that, and to heart clinic once a year to have it listened to.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 12:16 AM   #18
lovemy3boys
FUN & MENTAL are Fundamental
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaferriere@berklee.net View Post
I never got why you wouldn't go to a well baby visit.... I understand that if you don't vax (which we haven't yet and are delaying/selectively vaxing at about 2 years) it can seem pointless... But I enjoy our family practitioner and I think it is important that he builds a relationship w/ Lacie. If something did happen and I needed to bring her in, I feel more comfortable knowing that she isn't a complete stranger to him. I enjoy having him be a part of her development. Growing up I had the same pedi from birth til college. lol. JMO.
i agree that it's a good point to get your kids comfortable with the doctor and build a relationship. i also see why not to. i know some people aren't insured or underinsured and it costs them alot just for the simplest of things. atm my dh is the military so we pay nothing, but the twins' last visit was billed to the insurance for over $200.. just for a visit and an iron check. if we weren't insured, there is no way we could afford that out of pocket.

on another note, i enjoy going to see how much they've grown and everyone in the office loves to see my boys, so it is nice, but i hate to get them around sick kids.. they seperate the office for well/sick but in order to get to the desk you have to stand in the sick area (the well area is by the front door) and the door to go back is right in the middle.

also i think someone mentioned something about catching things that you wouldn't otherwise (developmentaly, not an illness) and yes, it makes me feel better to know that they are ok 'says the doctor' lol. then again.. i'm the sort of person that takes my kids to the ER first because usually it's the worste time of day or i can't call the ped. because of my anxiety.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:49 AM   #19
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

We do well baby visits here, but we don't vax. I mainly do it so that I can't be accused of medically neglecting my kids (not that I know anyone who would try it, but it's a crazy world), whom we don't vax for religious reasons.
Old 07-11-2008, 07:58 AM   #20
palmettosweetheart
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

we go to all of his wellbaby visits but most of the time I feel they are a waste of our time and money. I had to choose other for the vaxes as we do not vax