Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2008, 02:19 PM   #21
Riverdavidsmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Circ'ing questions. One ds but not the other?? Advice please!

My boy is, our next (if we ever have one) won't be. My thinking is that our boys will be different in many ways, hair color maybe, eye color, talents, size, etc. What is the difference if their pee-pees look different, KWIM? Also, when DH and I discussed this we were saying how people say kids should be like their dad, but my DH had NO IDEA whether his dad was circ'ed or not! And most guys don't!
Similarly, I don't ever remember comparing my genitalia with my sisters, and I don't think brothers do that either. It's really silly that people even make that argument, IMO.
Good for you for realizing the error of your ways, as I did! You're making the right decision... the decision to let you child decide what happens to his body.

Advertisement

Old 07-13-2008, 02:25 PM   #22
frogandtoad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Circ'ing questions. One ds but not the other?? Advice please!

Just say you will do it if the doctor tells you it's medically necessary -- otherwise DON'T (then find a doc who doesn't perfom routine circs).

The same thing happened to me ... although I have to admit I caved, or didn't stand up for something I felt odd about. I really didn't have strong feelings one way or the other. DS 1 & 2 are circ'd - didn't really know better - then got PG with DS3 and told DH, "Well, fine than you'll have to go in with the baby when it's done". (I was thinking maybe he wouldn't. Well, he did.) And, so now we have 3 circ'd boys. "Just because" it was done to the other 2 doesn't make it okay (now) IMO. I really wish I could go back with #3.

Plus, you can always tell DH that if DC wants to be circ'd you will be happy to take him when HE decides. I can't imagine most men choosing to (have themselves) circ if everything is working fine and all that since "down there" is such a sacred area for most of them.
There are only two lasting bequests we hope to give our children; one is roots, the other wings.
frogandtoad is offline   Reply With Quote