Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2008, 06:22 AM   #1
taximom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
At times I'm jealous....VENT

I realized last night that at times I'm jealous of other people. Let me start out by saying, I LOVE my kids. Let me give you a little background. I am 42 (almost 43) years old. I have 8 kids ages 20, 18, 16, 12, 6, 3, 2, 1. I am so tired of trying to go to my older kids ball games and not getting to sit and watch. There are so many times I try to go somewhere and I see all these other people my age getting to sit and relax and enjoy their time. Whether it be a cookout, a ball game, or just an evening at home. All the while I am dealing with whining, picking, compaining, diapering little ones. I deal with this with the youngest 4 all the time.
Last night I was so frustrated at my son's game I just left and told them because of their behavior they were all going to bed. So at 8:00 I put them all to bed. Why can't kids just play together and not pick and whine all the time?
I get so frustrated sometimes that I am 42 years old and can't sit and relax like other people my age.
I love my family, and I know my kids are a blessing and I will be rewarded by having them in my life. I just get so tired and frustrated.
Thank you for listening.

Advertisement

taximom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:46 AM   #2
huntingflower
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: At times I'm jealous....VENT

huntingflower is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 06:53 AM   #3
ChocolateMoose
Registered Users
seller

My SIL is going through this too...our other SIL married and had her kids really young and now they're in college, but the first SIL got married recently and adopted kids.

They're both 10 years older than me and one is just starting out with kids while the other is done and beginning to have the freedom the first one gave up to have kids!

I wish I had advice for you, but all I can do is tell you that you're not alone!
Old 07-11-2008, 06:56 AM   #4
aidensmommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ah hugs to you!

If you makes you feel any better, I am often jealous of moms with big families since ours has stopped at two. I've always wanted to be part of a large family....

Just think -- when you are really old and grey, you are going to surrounded with soooo much love, so many beautiful children and grandchildren. It's worth it!

Hope you have a better day today!
You may strive to be like them but seek not to make them like you."
-- Kahlil Gibran
aidensmommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:06 AM   #5
sourpatch_babe
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Dear Baby in my Belly, Please come out. Seriously. It's like a 100 degrees here, IN CANADA. Your dad has taken to calling me puffy. I get that you're a dude and the last thing you want to do is leave a place you're going to spend the rest of your life trying to get back into, but enough. Your room is really cool, come out and see it. Sincerely, Love Mummy
sourpatch_babe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:09 AM   #6
Rosella
Registered Users
seller

Could you find someone who can help you out or give you some time just for you, even if it's only a few times a month? I bet that would really help you feel better and give you some of the 'freedom' that you crave.

Mama, I know it is hard, but they are just being young ones, they don't mean to annoy and upset you - they are children. Please don't take your frustration out on them like the situation you described

I am 35 and have an almost-one year old; my close friend is 36 and her daughter goes to college next year ... so I know how it is to be in such a different spot than others your age.

I am sure you are a good, loving mama, and you will have some time just for you someday!

We should remember that if a situation cannot be changed, there's no point in worrying about it. If it can be changed, there is no need to worry about it either, we should simply go about changing it. – His Holiness the 14th Dalai Lama

Last edited by Rosella; 07-11-2008 at 07:11 AM.
Rosella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 07:59 AM   #7
Harmony96
Administrator
sitesupporter
seller
seller

My Mood:

I'm also a Younique presenter. Click here for naturally-based beauty care!
Harmony96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:21 AM   #8
Bugaboo Bottoms
In a HUGE Pile of Wool!
seller

My Mood:

I don't have as big of a family as you, but I do understand as I have one big and two littles and I know the bigger one gets the short end of the stick because the littles are always having to be attended to...and my littles LOVE to fight too!

I guess we can rest when we're dead, huh?
Bugaboo Bottoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:41 AM   #9
charisma3458
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

I couldn't imagine how stressing it must get at times. Big hugs to you.
/ /
charisma3458 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 08:56 AM   #10
tellymonster1
Registered Users
seller

I think you need to hire a teenager to watch them so you can enjoy a few of your kids games. The kids pick on each other when they are bored and tired. I have 4 little ones and the whining and fighting makes me run to time out some days If I had to be somewhere for my older kids, I would need someone to help me, so I could actually pay attention.