Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2008, 08:13 AM   #1
EMTMommy
Registered
Formerly: Brooklyn&Abby'sMom
seller

My Mood:
Calling all NC/SC Mamas! Help needed!

Sorry if this is the wrong place to post this, but I need a homeopathic doctor in the Charlotte/Gastonia/York areas of NC/SC with the quickness and this is why...

We were on Medicaid and have since finally gotten insurance with BC&BS. We were stuck with very limited choices as to finding a ped for our girls whilst on Medicaid. So, up until recently, our best choice was, well, let's call him Dr.Over Does It.

At this point, my youngest has had 2 urinary tract infections. Not that out of the ordinary, right? Especially considering they were both around the same time or shortly thereafter a stomach bug with lovely blowouts up the front. Nice visual huh? Anyways. After ONE, just O N Eurinary tract infection she was put on broad spectrum antibiotics, given a renal ultrasound and an XRAY dye test, not to mentioned cathed 6 times in 2 days for said xray test and to recheck bacteria levels by my doctor. Now, I'm all for treating sicknesses, but this just seemed WAY over the top to me. BTW, the Xray results came back COMPLETELY normal.

Fast forward to almost 2 months later. Yep, she got another one. Bad luck? No, Dr.Over Does It says, it must be something wrong with her kidneys/bladder. So now what do they want to do? Oh, back on broad spectrum antibiotics, referred me to a UROLOGIST, and want her to STAY on preventative antibiotics until further notice after she finishes the Broad Spectrum!

Is it just me, or does all this seem a little unnecessary to you? Well friends, that is why I need a Dr. that is at least a little on the homeopathic/natural parenting side but still covered by insurance. Oh and not berating me and making me feel like a terrible parent for not vaxing my kids would be nice too. I won't even get into that one about Dr. Over Does It..

Anyhow, thanks NC/SC Mommies and any other Mama who read this and made it through!

Advertisement

Brooklyn had surgery to repair her Coarctation on 2/24/11!!
EMTMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:58 PM   #2
mamaholdyou
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Calling all NC/SC Mamas! Help needed!

Holy geez??? Cathed 6 times??? Heaven of mercy no wonder she got another infection. Every time you insert that catheter there is a fair chance of introducing new bacteria into the urinary tract. Not to mention I saw a baby cathed once and it was like watching torture... how awful for you and your babe. You know its probably that no one wants to get sued these days for missing something.
Too bad you dont live closer to where I am. I love my pedi but he is in Augusta, GA and not an alarmist and supportive of my vaxing choices.
Old 07-14-2008, 09:37 AM   #3
EMTMommy
Registered
Formerly: Brooklyn&Abby'sMom
seller

My Mood:

Thank you for your response Mama. Yes, 6 times My DH and I were beyond words. I have to take her there today for what I Bronchialitis.
Brooklyn had surgery to repair her Coarctation on 2/24/11!!
EMTMommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2008, 07:36 AM   #4
bbeth16
Registered Users
Removed from FSOT for 3 months 1/8/13**

My Mood:

Wow, I think that was a little over the top. Like the pp said after being cathed that many times there's little wonder that she got another infection.

I did a quick search and found this site... http://www.homeopathic.org/resources/practitioners.jsp you can search by city, state, zip, etc

I don't have any personal experiences with any, our family doctor is a wonderful blend of crunchy/Dr at the same time. A friend at work has seen a homeopathic Dr in Asheville that she liked, but I'm not sure how far that is from you.

Hope you find someone!
Old 07-28-2008, 02:07 AM   #5
devoneri
Registered Users

Hey there, can't recommend a homeopathic. CAN recommend my daughter's pediatrician (who also accepts medicaid should you ever find yourself relying on that again).

AA Primecare Medical Center
1401 E 7th St, Charlotte, NC - (704) 333-5606

The RN there, Rebecca is WONDERFUL. I can't say enough good stuff about how easy she has made major decisions for me. She did much of her residency in ER with infants and is very open minded about everything you mentioned. Very cautious and willing to do anything your way so long as it sounds like a good idea from the medical standpoint too. Good luck & please PM me if you have any questions!
devoneri is offline   Reply With Quote