Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2008, 03:05 PM   #21
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

Re: Are you a mom of 3+ kids?

I have 4 kids, all ages 7 and under. I have found that just going with the flow is much less stressful for us. We have a very lax routine and the only things that are really set times around here are nap and bed times.

I'm a pretty organized person, too. So a routine is important to me. But I have found that being more relaxed about having a super strict routine is much better for all of us.

Advertisement

tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:44 PM   #22
mommyfrog
Registered Users

It was hardest to go from 3 to 4 for me. I was looking at pictures the other day and noticed that when my third was a baby my house was actually clean!! And he was only about 4 months old in the pictures. I was shocked that there was only one toy under the couch....nothing else!! Now I'm a little scared of what I'm going to find when I clean under there. When I find the time. Organization is the key, which I need to work on right now. Routine isn't so high on my list, except bedtime. We just go with the flow with everything else. It works for us.
Jeanie, wife of Paul, mommy of Aurora-20 and married (5/23/94), Oliver-18 (12/27/95), Simon-15 (9/11/98), Savannah-14 (4/9/00), Harrison-11 (2/26/03), Genevieve-9 (2/24/05), and Sebastian-6 (4/24/08), Precious Baby Girl (lost 8/10), Magnus-(4/26/14)
mommyfrog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 03:59 PM   #23
oneofsix
Registered Users

My Mood:

I have 7. When #3 was born the oldest was only 2.5. I loved having my 3 babies, it was a ton of fun. Having a routine really helps. Getting on a routine is something else entirely. Self control and will power is a virtue let me tell you. I could add a couple more kids in and I find no difference in the amount of work. As kids get older they want to spend less time with you anyway. Makes me sad, no one needs me anymore! Keeping the house clean came down to getting rid of everything. KISS - keep it simple sister. Less stuff, less stuff to clean. Kids learn to pick up after themselves, you find ways to clean with kiddos around. You just do what you have to do. Yea I get tired, esp when pg. I fall asleep around 10 am every day when I am. But it passes. Babies are born and life begins anew again.
Old 07-11-2008, 04:11 PM   #24
Jillybean
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by tararaboomdeea View Post
I have 4 kids, all ages 7 and under. I have found that just going with the flow is much less stressful for us. We have a very lax routine and the only things that are really set times around here are nap and bed times.

I'm a pretty organized person, too. So a routine is important to me. But I have found that being more relaxed about having a super strict routine is much better for all of us.
This is pretty much how we are, you can have a loose routine but being able to go with the flow makes a big difference.

OT: Tara, I love your Avi!

ETA: I have four (will be five in a week) 10, 8, 4 and 2.5 (+NB coming soon).

Last edited by Jillybean; 07-11-2008 at 04:12 PM.
Jillybean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:12 PM   #25
indysteffanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

once you get passed 3...its easy.

they all blend in

Steffanie: momma to Brennan(13) Dillon (7) with cf , Ashlyn (6) , TJ (4) and Anderson(1) , born at 29 weeks
indysteffanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:24 PM   #26
Sarahb44
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

1 to 2 was WAYYYYYYYYYYY harder on me. #3 was EASY PEASY to me (and DH) BUT my older 2 were nearly 7 and 5! #4 is scary b/c my youngest is INDEPENDENT and STUBBORN like her mama .

Sarahb44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 04:30 PM   #27
proudmommaof4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Honestly, for me, 2 to 3 wasn't bad at all. However that being said, now that we have a 6.5 yr old, 4.5 yr old, 22 month old and are expecting next month, I am at my wits end. I am soooo tired all the time. This pregnancy is really taking it's toll on me and we have decided not to have any more children. My days are honestly filled with just trying to get through the day. It will be easier come Sept. even though I will have another one, I will have 2 in school. Right now, this summer I am going crazy with all 3 here and being so worn out from the pregnancy. I truly believe the best thing is to have a good routine set (even though I don't right now) and that is the key to making it work. My parents did it with 6 so it can be done. Just takes patience and understanding.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:50 PM   #28
princemelissas
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for all the advice mamas, group hug!!
princemelissas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:26 PM   #29
nannersmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am exhausted..more often than not. I have tried routines..they exhaust me..we end up doing more fighting to stay on the routine than anything else.
SO.. we have a time schedule..breakfast around 8 or 9...lunch around 12 or 1..snacks inbetween meals. School time in the morning hours IF it seems to work with how everyone is behaving...if the LO's get up to early and I can't get them settled then we move school to the afternoon..just things like that. We move chores around as needed so people can sleep or do school work or until they are more motivated to help and less likely to cause me numerous fits trying to get them to get them done.
Was #4 any harder than #3..nah..not really. Once I gave in to the fact that set schedules don't work for us..it was all good, but I do still go through periods where I try and schedule everything and I drive myself insane for that entire week until DH goes..ummm why don't you just do it when you can..and it is like .... OOOO why didn't I think of that LOL.
But yes I am tired but I do honestly think that is because I try and be SUPERMOM and SUPERWIFE and SUPERMAID and SUPERBUTLER and SUPERWOMEN .. sometimes I suck it up and let myself rest, but usually not for long..my expectations of myself are way to high.
nannersmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:37 PM   #30
hereslizz
Registered Users

My Mood:

I spaced my 3 out over 10 years. Some people think that's nuts (ahem....mom) but I just grin when I can lay down with my baby and nap and not worry about what the other 2 are doing. The 2 oldest can be pretty self sufficient when they need to be....or should I say when I need them to be

The first month I was a wreck, trying fit the baby into the boys' schedule with school and stuff...especially mornings. But now that they are out for the summer it's a lot easier, so much so that I fear them going back in August.

If we ever won the lottery, I would entertain the idea of adopting more. But NO more pregnancies for me. Bleh.
hereslizz is offline   Reply With Quote