Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2008, 12:52 PM   #1
JDT
Banned

My Mood:
Indulgence!

We are working REALLY hard to save money and to get our finances back on the right track. So with my new job i've been pinching pennies, bringing my lunch, etc.

Sometimes though...

today at snack time (usually about 3pm) I ran out to do an errand. I passed by Godiva. I meant to spend $3 - I actually spend $10.

Anyway, for my 10 quid I got 1-banana truffle and 1 chocolate covered fruit kabob. Sooooo nice.

Please post your indulgences so that I don't feel so guilty. (I could have bought a loaf of bread, eggs and soy milk with that money)

Advertisement

JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:04 PM   #2
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Indulgence!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDT View Post
We are working REALLY hard to save money and to get our finances back on the right track. So with my new job i've been pinching pennies, bringing my lunch, etc.

Sometimes though...

today at snack time (usually about 3pm) I ran out to do an errand. I passed by Godiva. I meant to spend $3 - I actually spend $10.

Anyway, for my 10 quid I got 1-banana truffle and 1 chocolate covered fruit kabob. Sooooo nice.

Please post your indulgences so that I don't feel so guilty. (I could have bought a loaf of bread, eggs and soy milk with that money)
well it wasn't food but I spent a tiny bit of $ to buy some undies for LO he could keep wearing diapers until we have extra play money but needed to go ahead and bite the bullet so he has enough for daycare. we could have bought bread and lunch stuff or breakfast stuff with that.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:20 PM   #3
JDT
Banned

My Mood:

I think part of the reason that I feel so guilty i that I had a truffel that was the size of a quarter and is cost me $1.95 for that alone.

Oh, a mother's guilt!
JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 02:26 PM   #4
sarahrichardson
Registered Users

I got a pedicure last week. It's the first time ever, but I can't reach my toes, my birthday was that weekend and we had to go to wedding reception. It was heaven.
Old 07-11-2008, 02:35 PM   #5
Weezy6703
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

if i were to do a 'food indugence' i think i'd go by sonic...but i've been trying really hard lately to eat well...so we'll see. we did do homemade popcorn in a pot last night and that well was not very good healthwise. ds watched veggie tales while I cut out fabric.
Old 07-11-2008, 05:31 PM   #6
Nikki_Nikk
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

before my maternity leave, I would ALWAYS buy my lunch from the cafe. Sometimes I would even bring a lunch, then decide I didn't want it and go to the cafe.

With the economy now, and a second kid, that is SO not going to be an option! It's going to be hard though because money burns a hole in my pocket, and I have little will power The real problem though, is I am great at Justification.

... I deserve this 6 oz of naked juice for $4! It has been a long morning, I didn't get breakfast, and I need to keep my immunity up if I'm working with kids...
Old 07-11-2008, 09:34 PM   #7
Mommimi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My pitfall is finding things "On Sale" that I really don't need but want. Like a new dress or suit - yeah its a good deal but I really didn't need another one.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:10 AM   #8
slturner
Banned

My Mood:

starbucks. . . . . . that's all
slturner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 09:17 AM   #9
medea
Registered Users

My Mood:

My food indulgence? Importing cadbury's chocolate.

My money indulgence? Massage at least twice a month.

My baby indulgence? Way more diapers than he needs!
medea is offline   Reply With Quote