Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-11-2008, 04:54 PM   #11
diane24
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: nudity?

DD is 2 and PL also. N33ked is pretty much how it goes most days. I don't have the energy to fight with her to get dressed so once she gets tired of her jammies its n33ked time. She even does it at the IL's or my parents house. My mom thinks its funny that she's that comfortable that she'll just strip. I think FIL would rather she didn't but no one has said anything to me or DH about it before.

Advertisement

Old 07-11-2008, 05:06 PM   #12
ceilismom
Registered Users
seller

My DD runs around half dresses, or completely undressed more often than she's dressed. It actually reduces PLing accidents, since she doesn't have to fight with underwear, and she doesn't want to pee on herself. Totally normal, natural, healthy behavior. Anybody who doesn't like it (mainly my BIL) can walk right back out the door through which they entered.
Old 07-11-2008, 06:11 PM   #13
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

There are days my 3 year old runs around in nothing, or just panties or just a shirt. Or just socks. LOL No big deal to me. Especially while PLing I didn't keep her in anything...too much hassle. Now that she goes potty by herself and can pull her pants up and down alone - she does. Sometimes she prefers to have clothes on. Others, not so much!
Old 07-11-2008, 07:09 PM   #14
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

around the neighborhood my boys are known as the nudists. seriously, they are naked more often than not. i usually make them wear something like a long shirt if we go out of the backyard, but yeah...they are happiest without anything on. not to mention its that many fewer diapers i need to wash.
Old 07-11-2008, 08:02 PM   #15
RJmomof4
Registered Users
Formerly: RJmomof2
seller

My Mood:

I love letting my kids be naked why not nobody is here but me, DH thinks its dumb cause they do sometimes have an accident but he doesnt clean it up so he can screw off
Old 07-11-2008, 08:04 PM   #16
Knits on Earth
Registered Users
Formerly: eden/averymumm
seller

My Mood:

my girls are naked about 90% of the time we're at home. or maybe a t-shirt. but they are PL'd and take everything off to pee and don't get dressed again. hey dress themselves in the morning. not me. if they get dressed. I only insist on clothing when we go out.

Knits on Earth, custom knits
Knits on Earth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:20 PM   #17
nannersmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My 2yo is constantly streaking LOL. DH gets upset because he is freaked out about fecal matter, but I don't see an issue with it honestly. He is not a gassy child. BUT I am sure my neighbors are tired of seeing my 2yo strip off his diaper in the middle of the backyard and run around naked all day. I can't keep him dressed.
I have tried overalls and he gets them off. I have even actually taped his diaper on...the child is Houdini I swear. SO I stopped fighting it.
nannersmama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #18
marymom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

my 2 yo DD has no interest in the potty but is always naked!!! who cares if we're just at home?!?!? she wears clothes if we go grocery shopping for crying out loud!!
Old 07-11-2008, 09:27 PM   #19
hippydippymama
Registered Users
seller

My DS is 4 and has honestly been naked around the house pretty much since he started walking (except for wintertime...he'll wear a shirt ). If someone comes over, though, we usually at least put undies on him for discretion's sake. Not everyone wants an eyeful of little boy parts!

I've been tring to get him to wear clothes more often though, because he is on the cusp of PLing (AGAIN, what an up and down rollercoaster that's been!) and I want him to be moer used to using the bathroom with clothes on, but he just likes being naked. I can't say I blame him...I am naked a lot of the time these days too.

I just wish we had a private yard (or hell, even a yard of any kind!) so he could go outside and play naked if he wanted to. He used to do it when he was a baby, but naked baby running around is a lot cuter than naked preschooler running around, KWIM?
hippydippymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2008, 11:23 AM   #20
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yeah, miranda has been known to run outside naked, We tend to discourage that though. lol

I say as long as the people in your house are okay with it then so what? My mom thinks miranda should NEVER EVER be around DH naked. never see him naked. EVER. and he should never see her naked.. I guess i'm fair game for the both of them though since she's never said a word about me being naked around them. lol

My mom is way more freaked out about that kind of thing.

Tend to think moms in general are. lol
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote