Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 02-01-2012, 04:25 PM   #1
Marluki
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
diva cup problems

Hi,
This is my second month using the diva cup, but I'm experiencing problems. I have very heavy periods, so it leaks, and when I walk it feels like is falling out. Any suggestions? Is it just me or this is not the right cup for me?

Advertisement

Marluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:34 PM   #2
Chris10
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: diva cup problems

It might not be the right cup, but even with a heavy flow, it shouldn't be leaking or feeling like it's falling out. Maybe try a different insertion technique?
Chris10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 04:41 PM   #3
crazylife
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

You're probably not getting it in at the proper angle. Try practicing in the shower and prop one leg up on the tub ledge and then insert it. If it's in correctly you shouldn't even feel it. Some ppl need to trim the stem for a better fit.
crazylife is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #4
marenmccoy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Try different insertion methods for sure. I also have very heavy flow and I usually wear a cloth pad for backup the first couple of days. Have you had a baby in the last year? I used my cup no problems pre-baby, but then when I tried to use it again after it just didn't fit right for awhile. After about a year it got back to normal. BUT everyone is different.
marenmccoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 09:46 PM   #5
jayell79
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Is it leaking because it's filling up, or not getting a proper seal? I have an extremely heavy flow too. I almost can't wear my cup for the first day or two, unless I'm home & have unrestricted access to the bathroom because it needs to be emptied about once an hour.
Old 02-01-2012, 10:20 PM   #6
Marluki
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks for your messages.
I guess it's just very heavy flow. I'll have to empty it more often. I wish there were any other options. =o(
Marluki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:54 AM   #7
GEM Cloth
Registered Users
Formerly: michellemomx3
seller

My Mood:

Try inserting it in the shower until you get the hang of it, you can get it in so much better that way and then you know where it's supposed to be and how it's supposed to feel. Trim the stem off too if you already haven't. Those two things made a world of difference for me.

You could try other cups (I prefer the LadyCup over any other, it's thinner and more flexible than the others I've tried) but they all work the same way and hold about the same amount, if the flow amount is your problem.
GEM Cloth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 02:52 PM   #8
faulkners407@gmail.com
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i have a very heavy flow (paraguard iud), and I literally overflowed it 3 times during a 5 hour period (ha ha). I think partly due to flow, and the other part is insertion. I am still struggling to get mine in right every time, and sometimes have leaks. But when I go to remove it I will most often find its not sealed well if that makes sense? I use mamma cloth panty liners, and its still WAY less mess than if I was using tampons.
faulkners407@gmail.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 04:55 PM   #9
twinpossible
Registered Users

My Mood:

It feels the same way for me if the cup is not open all the way. You need to make sure to rotate the cup after you insert it so it opens all the way. My cycle is super heavy as well, I will fill the cup 3 times in one day on the 2nd day of my cycle but it has never leaked. You could also have the wrong size, if you have had a baby you need size 2. Good luck mama, don't give up yet!
twinpossible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 07:03 PM   #10
chegarty
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Where can a get a lady cup?