Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2006, 04:33 PM   #1
cr2005
Registered Users
seller

how to handle returns

I sold a diaper on 9/23 and when the buyer received she disagreed about the condition of the diaper based on the tabs. She sent me some pics and in all honesty I don't like the way the tabs on this diaper wear so I agreed with her. I offered to refund $2 (I sold it for $11) or I said I would take the diaper back and refund her money. She chose to take the $2 and I sent the money.
Now the buyer is saying that the elastic is stretched out on one side of the diaper and she wants to return it. She said she has washed it. I am not comfortable with taking the return since I know the elastic was fine when it left here. The elastic was not mentioned as being a problem at all the first time she contacted me about the tabs. My ds wore these with no problems and everything on the diaper is in EUC except the tabs.

What should I do? I have never had any problems with selling diapers before so I don't really know how to handle this. I would hate to refund the money and then not be able to sell the diaper in the condition I sent it in the first place.

Advertisement

Old 10-05-2006, 06:24 PM   #2
Mom2Taylor
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: how to handle returns

How long has she had the diaper? I know you sent it on the 23rd, but do you know when she got it? Not sure it would make a difference in my decision...just curious...trying to figure out if she would have had time to use them a few times by now. Does she have good feedback---meaning, is this a trend with her?

I don't think I would take the return at this point for the reasons you already mentioned. I kind of feel like this should have been mentioned during your first "complaint conversation." At this point, she's probably used it a few times, it's her diaper and if she's not happy with it, she can try to sell it.

I bought a few pocket dipes a little over a week ago and have used them. If I found something about the diaper I didn't like at this point, I would sell it and note the "imperfection" if I had a problem with the diaper.
Old 10-05-2006, 06:27 PM   #3
*MamaStacy*
Registered Users
Formerly: MyTwoSunshines
seller
seller

My Mood:

I agree with the pp. I think that I would not accept a return at this point. She's probably had it long enough to get 1 or 2 wears out of it and if something was wrong with the elastic, it should've been mentioned when the other complaint came about.
Expecting our Rainbow EDD 11/19/15 IT'S A GIRL!!!
*MamaStacy* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:16 PM   #4
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

I wouldn't refund either. Actually it would take an extreme case for me to issue a refund. You kind of take a risk in buying used diapers. If you want a return policy, then buy new from a store, kwim? I have only issued a partial refund once on a wool cover that had a flaw I didn't notice and was not as described. Totally my fault.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 07:29 PM   #5
Munkey Ciao
Registered Users

My Mood:

I must say, I would not be thrilled to entertain returns after we'd already discussed the condition of the diaper after she'd looked it over the first time. I don't mean to be skeptical, but if she doesn't notice it on the first inspection, I'm not excited about the idea of extending a "warranty" beyond that initial inspection.
Old 10-05-2006, 09:37 PM   #6
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

I think the elastic problem could have been not noticed by the Momma until she put it on her kid. If she washed it first, do you blame her? I wash all of my used dipes before I use them and 1 washing wouldn't have shot the elastic. I would say that if she is willing to send it back and swallow the shipping cost to you, I would probably refund the money if I were you. Looks like she's had the dipe less than 2 weeks? I get dipes all the time that don't get tried right away (especially if I have lots coming at once). Just depends on what I grab for too:-) Did you check over the dipe thoroughly before you sent it? Just asking because I had a momma ship me 4 fitteds. 2 had totally shot elastic and 2 were fine. I contacted her and she said that she didn't really look them over before she sold them. I could see how it might have been missed if the elastic is kinda shot but not totally. Maybe ask her for pics? JMO...sorry!

Last edited by love2bmom2chris; 10-05-2006 at 09:42 PM.
love2bmom2chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 09:40 PM   #7
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

Oh, and maybe she noticed the tabs and contacted you about that before she looked over the rest. Some lady on ebay sold me FBs that were terrible! I emailed her right away to "complain" because I was so upset about the FBs and I hadn't even looked over my other stuff. So, I had to email her again because the Magicalls were messed up too! Thankfully, we agreed on a resolution!
Old 10-05-2006, 09:44 PM   #8
cr2005
Registered Users
seller

Thanks for your responses. I have never really had any problems and I want to do the right thing. I just have never been in this situation.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:04 PM   #9
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

I agree with kimb - if you want a return policy then buy new. You're not a store. There is no return policy on buying used really. Buy at your own risk - I wouldnt refund. If there is an issue she can resell it.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:06 PM   #10
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

Sorry! I've been on both ends of it and it stinks! I try and generally believe people. Honestly, if I bought the dipe, I wouldn't have sent it back-then I'd be out more $. I would have swallowed it if the seller wouldn't refund but been upset and maybe leave a nuetral. With that said, if I was the seller, I might refund the total and not had them send it back-especially if you are not 100% sure on the elastics condition. If it was more money, I could see but why piss off someone and get negative FB over $11? Still, JMO! Not meaning to offend you!