Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2006, 10:07 PM   #11
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

Re: how to handle returns

One FabMama-what if something was overlooked? Or said EUC but all stained? There has to be exceptions! A momma could accidently miss something or list wrong!

Advertisement

love2bmom2chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 10:13 PM   #12
cr2005
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2bmom2chris View Post
One FabMama-what if something was overlooked? Or said EUC but all stained? There has to be exceptions! A momma could accidently miss something or list wrong!
If it were an obvious stain and it was listed as EUC that's a whole other issue. That is not the case. The only problem with this diaper is the way the tabs look a little more worn out than the rest of the diaper. That is why we agreed on the initial refund of $2.

Like I said before, I have never had any problems with selling diapers before. I buy all of my diapers brand new so I have never really had an issue with this. I just wanted some feedback from others on here so I can decide how to handle this situation.
Old 10-05-2006, 10:47 PM   #13
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

Oh, I wasn't talking about your transaction with this momma...sorry! I know stains weren't an issue. I was asking onefabmama something::-)
Sorry for the confusion!
If you buy them all brand new, you know their age. Is it possible that the elastic was starting to go based on age or were they fairly new?
Old 10-05-2006, 10:53 PM   #14
cr2005
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Oh, I wasn't talking about your transaction with this momma...sorry! I know stains weren't an issue. I was asking onefabmama something::-)
Sorry for the confusion!
If you buy them all brand new, you know their age. Is it possible that the elastic was starting to go based on age or were they fairly new?
I ordered 3 from Cotton Babies when the colors first came out back in May. I used them all about the same amount of time and the only problem was with the tabs. I have never had any elastic wear out from any diaper I have used. My son was wearing these up until the day or two before I decided to sell them. I like to try out new diapers all of the time so I don't really keep them that long.
I am not a store and that's why I didn't know how to handle the return issue. I end up giving away tons of my diapers to friends who can't afford them because selling them off and dealing with this stuff gives me a headache. I don't want anyone to be unhappy with their purchase, but I also don't want to be taken advantage of.
Old 10-06-2006, 12:20 AM   #15
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

I understand. If she is willing to return it, that at least shows you that there is a problem. If she was trying to take advantage, she might ask for a refund and to keep the dipe. It's like if she sends it back and the elastic is fine, I could totally see you being mad but if she was gonna send it back, it probably is stretched and she's not trying to get a free dipe. Elastic can go. Most of my issues with dipes are elastic probs. If I chubby baby wore the dipes before my skinny minnie, the momma might not have noticed a slight stretching of the elastic cuz they fit her chunky monkey fine...LOL!
I know you are not a store but you are still doing a transaction. Maybe ask her to try and sell it on DS first and see if she can break even. Maybe some other momma out there has a chunky baby and doesn't care about the elastic or maybe they could replace it! For $11ppd, I think someone might buy it! Then if it doesn't sell, you could go from there. It would save you a refund and she would get most of her $ back. If she only sells it for $9 or $10, she still isn't out much as she was gonna pay to ship it back to you.
Old 10-06-2006, 08:01 AM   #16
GrandIsp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Could you offer to pay a couple more dollars for her to send the dipe to someone to get the elastic fixed and then agree that that's it, no more responsibility on your part?
Old 10-06-2006, 09:07 AM   #17
ravenonyx
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

there was a mama on LJ who did the exact same thing to me.. SO exact I'm actually wondering if it's the same mama.

I'll PM you.
ravenonyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:10 AM   #18
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Then it was over looked and it should be handled. I never said you should never ever offer a refund. If it was a large noticeable stain. I dont see how it could be over looked, but for something like this...I wouldnt refund. Or maybe a couple a bucks. MAYBE!
Like I said, its BST at your OWN risk. When you buy something used you're taking a RISK that your definition of EUC may be way off base than the sellers, and maybe EUC means to them there is a few tiny stains. I mean its USED!!!!!! You cant expect it to be coming to you looking like it did brand spankin' new...

This is why I hardly buy used. I'd rather spend the extra couple a bucks and know it's new, and if I do have an issue there is usually a gaurantee or some sort of retun policy.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:35 AM   #19
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

OoneFabMama-the way you said it makes it seem like you would never refund! Sorry if I misunderstood but that's how it looks! You don't think that stretched elastic could be overlooked? A Momma listed some fitteds as EUC (which to me means like brand new-maybe some piling but no stains! If it has stains, it should be mentioned and/or not listed as EUC) and the elastic was totally gone! She somehow overlooked it and took them back! This is probably the same kinda issue! Shoot, I had another Momma that sold me 4 OS Cotton baby snap downs. When I got them, 1 snap on each was missing. She claimed it wasn't her problem cuz she never mentioned that they had snaps! WTH? In the pic, you could see the first set of snaps but where the second set should have been, the inserts were covered by other inserts! Don't list something as EUC or if you do, state the flaws! This Momma should have mentioned the missing snaps but said she didn't know they were suppose to have 2. What was the 1 snap suppose to do...LOL! Anywho, rambling but I guess my point is that sometimes a refund is neccessary!
Old 10-06-2006, 09:40 AM   #20
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
OoneFabMama-the way you said it makes it seem like you would never refund! Sorry if I misunderstood but that's how it looks! You don't think that stretched elastic could be overlooked? A Momma listed some fitteds as EUC (which to me means like brand new-maybe some piling but no stains! If it has stains, it should be mentioned and/or not listed as EUC) and the elastic was totally gone! She somehow overlooked it and took them back! This is probably the same kinda issue! Shoot, I had another Momma that sold me 4 OS Cotton baby snap downs. When I got them, 1 snap on each was missing. She claimed it wasn't her problem cuz she never mentioned that they had snaps! WTH? In the pic, you could see the first set of snaps but where the second set should have been, the inserts were covered by other inserts! Don't list something as EUC or if you do, state the flaws! This Momma should have mentioned the missing snaps but said she didn't know they were suppose to have 2. What was the 1 snap suppose to do...LOL! Anywho, rambling but I guess my point is that sometimes a refund is neccessary!

I dont see how what I said looked like I said "never ever refund on your life" but alright. I realize that SOMETIMES a refund is necessary, and I didnt say I couldnt see how shopt elastic could be over looked I said I dont see how a big HUGE STAIN could be over looked.