Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2008, 10:11 PM   #11
indysteffanie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Eye exam for a 1 year old?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtchen79 View Post
A pediatric ophthalmologist isn't the only person who can examine a child's eyes, a general ophthalmologist and optometrist are very qualified to do the same as well.

Basically, the doctor will look at your little one and a lot of this can be done with your child on your lap the whole time. There are activities that distract the child but also give the doctor useful information that help to assess the overall vision and the ocular health. The doctor will rely on "objective" testing instead of "subjective" testing. It's no biggie and your little one will do great.

i realize they arent the only ones, but as a manager of an optical office for 8 years, id take my one year old baby to a pediatric opthlamologist.

Advertisement

Steffanie: momma to Brennan(13) Dillon (7) with cf , Ashlyn (6) , TJ (4) and Anderson(1) , born at 29 weeks
indysteffanie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 10:17 PM   #12
dmj
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Eye exam for a 1 year old?

my last 2 lo's were preemies so they both got (ds just turned 15 mo. and will be going soon). They like to double check on lo's that were early or had problems in delivery. Better safe than sorry. Our eye dr. was great with our dd.
dmj is online now   Reply With Quote