Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-13-2008, 05:14 PM   #1
Malenkaya
Registered Users
seller

Questions About Formula Checks

I'm looking at the formula checks from Similac and I have a question. Hopefully someone who has already used some can tell me your experiences.

I decided to take another look at them because I bought one of the quart sized RTF bottles of the Similac Alimentum. The reading I've done says the RTF gives faster and better results with fussy babies suffering from gas pains and excessive spitting up. These are the problems I'm having with Ella, so I wanted to see how much difference that made over the soy. (I gave her the first bottle of it at her last feeding a few hours ago - usually she spits up right after eating and again 30-45 minutes later. If I put her on her back to change her diaper within an hour after eating she would spit up a decent amount again while on the changing table. After the bottle of Alimentum she spit up just a touch after finishing - during the burping - and has been fine ever since - all smiles and not a fuss - not even any spitting up about 30 minutes after the bottle when changing her diaper. Maybe it's premature to make a judgment, but I am extremely hopeful here.)

Underneath the "good from" dates on the coupons it reads as follows: "One check per purchase; formula purchase much exceed check value."

I originally took the coupons out to look and see if they are only good on the powdered canisters. That is what it pictured on the coupon, but nowhere does it say it's only good on the powdered form. It says "any infant formula from Similac." So I assume I can use the coupon for the RTF bottles as well.

It's the "one check per purchase" thing that gets me. It's poorly worded, I think. Technically "one per purchase" would mean if you buy 10 canisters, bottles or whatever during one shopping trip, and you get to use one coupon. However, I suspect what they mean is one coupon per qualifying item. Some people buy a month's worth of formula at a time, I can't imagine they don't use more than one coupon if they have them.

I think based on how badly it's worded it's going to partially depend on the store and/or the cashier. I was a grocery cashier for a lot of years, although it was years ago, and if someone bought two units of something, I would take one for each item. What is everyone's experiences using these checks?

Advertisement

Old 07-13-2008, 05:45 PM   #2
zacks_mommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Questions About Formula Checks

I use multiple checks on one can of formula. (and have been doing for the past 11 months). I have never had a problem (shop at Target or Walmart, depending on sales that week, any way to strech a dollar!)
Old 07-13-2008, 05:51 PM   #3
Bellamoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

when i was a cashier it was one check per item...so if you got ten bottles of RTF you could use 10 checks...but that was the store i worked at..others allowe more
Old 07-13-2008, 06:31 PM   #4
ooocharmsooo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

At BRU, Walmart, target, toys r us, Kmart.. they all let you use one check per item.

So if you bought 5 cans, you can use 5 checks.

ALLLLSo.. they are perfectly fine to use with the 5.50 premade bottles! When I first switch DS to Similac Soy.. I bought some with the checks at kmart and each only cost like 50 cents!
ooocharmsooo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2008, 06:31 PM   #5
ooocharmsooo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Oh I depending on the cashier they sometimes let you use more than one check per item
Old 07-13-2008, 06:59 PM   #6
Malenkaya
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ooocharmsooo View Post
ALLLLSo.. they are perfectly fine to use with the 5.50 premade bottles! When I first switch DS to Similac Soy.. I bought some with the checks at kmart and each only cost like 50 cents!
This is kind of where I was going with this. The ready to feed quarts of the Alimentum are $8.98 each at my WalMart. With coupons of $5 off, that makes them $3.98 each. Each quart only makes 8 bottles, but with the discounted price it's a really good deal. This special stuff is expensive and I'd really like to know it's going to work for her before shelling out full price.
Old 07-13-2008, 07:34 PM   #7
ooocharmsooo
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Yep! they work for those sie bottles! hahaha and UHG.. 4 bucks a day to formula feed.. stuff gets expensive!
Old 07-18-2008, 08:46 AM   #8
EmilyAnn86
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

how/where do you get these checks and coupons?
Emily (26) Happily married to Chris since 8-5-2006 and mommy to David (6-13-2008) James (9-27-2009) and John (9-9-2011) and baby #4 due Aug 12th
God is our family planner. Bring on the blessings!! Psalm 127:3-5
EmilyAnn86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:36 PM   #9
Malenkaya
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmilyAnn86 View Post
how/where do you get these checks and coupons?
Similac and Enfamil both have programs - you just sign up on their websites and they send them out to you in the mail.
Old 07-19-2008, 10:48 AM   #10
tiffiegal
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use alimentum and we use one check per item (ex. 10 bottles=10 checks). The RTF does work a little faster, but it's cheaper for us to use the powder.

Just a word of warning: not exactly bad b/c our baby had man turds , but baby's poo will be a TON softer!! That's the first thing the doc told me and OMG she was right! And it's so sticky that even my diaper sprayer doesn't get it all off!!

All diapers come from smoke-free, english bulldog friendly home. I have caught my mailperson smoking in the truck TWICE now , so I will tape up packages as best as I possibly can to attempt to prevent ickiness from getting into the packages.
tiffiegal is offline   Reply With Quote