Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2006, 12:15 PM   #11
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:
Re: Can you stop vax if you already gave them previously

I too stopped. All my kids have some, my oldest has all that were recommended for her age at the time other than cp. My middle dd had them except her boosters and some other ones they were trying to get me to give to her even though they couldn't give me any information on them(that was my breaking point at which I stopped them all). My youngest had up to her mmr which I really didn't want her to have. They will not get any more.

Advertisement

Old 10-07-2006, 06:26 AM   #12
geckoed
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yep, you certainly can
Old 10-07-2006, 06:34 AM   #13
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup! We did exactly that. DD was fully vax'd up to 12 months of age, and we stopped her after that (just in time to miss the MMR vax, too).
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 11:27 AM   #14
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

DD only got her first round of vaxes and then I stopped! The only problem with stopping, is that if you ever want to start again you may have to have some redone.
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:37 PM   #15
GrandIsp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a question. And don't worry, it's not a challenge because we too have stopped any vax series that we started. But, a lot of responses here seem to be saying 'yes, you can stop because I did.' Well, yes, we too stopped and DS is fine so far I guess! But are there any implications of stopping? Like scientific research-based ones? Again, please don't take this the wrong way because we are doing the same thing as all of you! But it's been in the back of my mind to wonder about the implications of not getting the final DTaP. Also, we did one Hib and only one. That's pretty much all we did...oh, and Polio - I think we did 2 or 3 DTaPs and 2 or 3 polios? I can't even remember...need to go back and look. Adn then the one Hib. I don't plan on any more, maybe not ever. I dont' regret the ones we did, but just wonder if there is any validity left of those we DID do, or if there are any vulnerabilities in DS because we started but didn't finish. I guess I'm thinking of what they say about antibiotics ( which we avoid with a 10-foot pole anyways!) - you're more vulnerable if you start and dont' finish. KWIM? Obviously I have no idea of the chemistry behind all this so if someone does please enlighten!
Old 10-10-2006, 12:09 PM   #16
MomsHelpingMoms
Registered Users
Formerly: teresaarrington
seller

Of course you can stop, but it is really unnessecary because if they haven't showed bad reactions yet (other than autism), most likely they aren't going to. I was going to stop dd's shots, but when I realized that she already had 2 doses and was fine, I kept on with it. It is for her own protection. I am a pro-vax mom after a lot of consideration, please do not judge my opinion.

One more thing, if you stop, it is like getting half of the flu shot-no good. You are having them get poked for no reason. I say either do it all the way or not at all. No unnessecary pain.

Miley Rae was born July 29, 2008 6lb3oz 19"

Last edited by teresaarrington; 10-10-2006 at 12:11 PM.
MomsHelpingMoms is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 03:59 PM   #17
morganandevansmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by teresaarrington View Post
Of course you can stop, but it is really unnessecary because if they haven't showed bad reactions yet (other than autism), most likely they aren't going to. I was going to stop dd's shots, but when I realized that she already had 2 doses and was fine, I kept on with it. It is for her own protection. I am a pro-vax mom after a lot of consideration, please do not judge my opinion.

One more thing, if you stop, it is like getting half of the flu shot-no good. You are having them get poked for no reason. I say either do it all the way or not at all. No unnessecary pain.

Well since my dd is autistic that is a good enough reason. Thats one of the worst reactions.
Ds got sick after his 6 months shots making me want to stop. The doctor pressured me into his 12 month shots so I do not want to take any more chances. I would rather have his earlier little shot pricks for be nothing then have him end up being autistic. One severly autistic child is hard enough. Not that I don't love her to death but its hard seeing ds pass her in development and I can't take any chances. I have heard too many horror stories to feel safe putting any more vaccines into his system. Because he may have been ok so far but that doesn't mean the next vaccine won't be the one that he reacts to.

Thanks so much to everyone for giving me the support and the strength to say NO to his next shots.
Old 10-12-2006, 12:10 AM   #18
kkweight
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We stopped when DD was at the age of 9 months. I had NO CLUE that i could choose to vax or not. I thought everyone did it. Once i found a local AP group i was the only one who vaxed there and i was given some great books about it.
I decided at her 9 month appt that there would be no more vaxing. I havent had any major issues with DR's and sickness.
At her 6 month vax within hours she was very ill, it went on for a week and she got worse and worse. She was limp, not producing tears or urine. We took her to the ER, she had all of the signs of viral meningitis and they did a spinal tap and it was clear. So, the ER Dr basically said that the tell tale test for VM is the spinal tap, if its clear they dont have it, so he said that the only other thing that could cause her to be that sick was her vaxing that she had.
She luckily recovered well, but ive never seen my child that sick, ever.
Now, shes 4, about a month ago, we recieved a letter from that peds office she got her 6 month vax from and low and behold that batch of vaxes she got that we think what made her sick were bad. It took them from 6 months of age to 4 years old to notify us that she had a bad lot. So many things could have happened to her and we would have never known what was wrong! Then they offered to revax her!
Shes 4 now and has shown no side effects of not getting vaxed. Her health is amazing.
Im not aware of any scientific proof that my child will suffer from not getting vaxed, heck, show me proof she will be better off with having them!
kkweight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 04:53 AM   #19
Choose2bgr8
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am worse than you and will be stopping. My oldest is 6 so probably wont need anything other than "boosters" and my youngest will be 3 in November so she has MOST of hers. I worry about if it is the right thing to do, but I think so.
Choose2bgr8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 09:49 AM   #20
aliks
Registered Users
seller

I just refused Tony's 12 month shots yesterday, so he's had everything up to his 6 month shots. BTW, this was at a military hospital too and the pedi was really cool with it! Of all places I thought I would get a bunch of scare tactics.
aliks is offline   Reply With Quote