Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-05-2006, 10:52 PM   #1
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Depression/not eating

I have been suffering from my depression pretty bad lately. Unfortunatly there is nothing we can do until the baby is born. Which means we may have to take her early to allow me to be able to take care of me. We will have to see on that. I do NOT want to have her early but I can't keep living like this either. What is strange is that even being pregnant my appitite has compeltly faded. I didn't even eat breakfast until 4pm today. I didn't even notice I was hungry. And then no dinner, a coupel bagels after the girls went to bed. I can't believe that my body is letting me forget that I'm hungry with the baby in there. I'm going to talk to my DR on Tuesday to see what we can do, if there's anything now. Otherwise it's gonna be a long time before this pregnancy is over. I am only 31 weeks now.

Just wanted to share, I hope that I can get out of this soon though.

Advertisement

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:02 PM   #2
Fither
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Depression/not eating

oh shannon, i'm so sorry you're dealing with this! pregnancy is tough enough without having to deal with depression issues.

i'm trying to think of ways that you can make sure that you eat. i had a really hard time remembering to eat after i had jack. it was just so tough to make it happen, and i was so busy with everything else i just forgot. maybe you can keep a bottle of fruit puree (like bolthouse farms, i think that's what it's called) and try to drink that throughout the day if actually eating something just doesn't appeal to you.

i'd say as long as you are able to get something (anything) for breakfast, and then eat a good dinner, that you and the baby will be just fine. hopefully your dr. will have some good advice at your appt. let's hope so, so that little girl can keep cookin' as long as she wants too good luck!
Fither is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2006, 11:14 PM   #3
mtollie
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I don't understand why the doctors don't feel like they can put you on medication while you're pregnant. There are several anti-depressant medications that are considered very safe during pregnancy/breastfeeding - I'm on medication and pregnant right now, and took medication throughout my first pregnancy and almost two years of nursing. Keeping you well enough to take care of yourself and the baby completely outweighs the minimal risk that medication would be to your baby. I would talk to your dr. again about possibilities...

Old 10-06-2006, 12:50 AM   #4
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

I was at about 30 weeks when I started to go NUTSO big time. It was so bad and to the point of scarying me that I brought DH to the Dr. with me and told them I don't feel like myself and sometimes I want someone to just notice something is wrong so bad that I want to drive the car into a pole.................I was not kidding either. So he told me I was at risk for PPD and the best thing I could have done for me and my family was get help. I was given paxil and I am still on it to this day. I would not have been a good happy mommie had I not had these meds.

I agree about the bolthouse farms juice GOOD stuff it is in the veggies section where they have the pre cut melon at walmart of and some times at Sams. REALLY good I love the green one I drink 1 of those a day. It has TONZ of good healthy things you need to help you and your baby girlie!

If you have any question LMK I am here for you momma. Please make sure to get someone to really listen to your seriousness too if they see you pleading they (the doc) have to give you the meds or help you need!
Old 10-06-2006, 03:55 AM   #5
Marielblewis
Registered Users

My Mood:

I am also pregnant and on Zoloft. It is really safe, but I can understand if you don't want to take meds. There are still things you can do to help the depression. Would you feel comfortable taking St. John's Wart? It can help a bit. Also, excersizing will get your body to put out more of it's own seratonin. No need to overdo it, even a 15 min walk will help. Do you have access to some therapy? That would be good. If not, maybe you can check out and read self-help books from the library. Some will suck, but some will have points that stick with you and help your outlook. As for your appetite, I'm sure there are thigns you can do to increase it, but since you know it is a symptom of depression it makes more sense to me to focus on being mentally healthy. Good luck Mama! I know it is hard, but just keep going

PSA: Eating Bison is better for health and the environment. Google it!
Marielblewis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:35 AM   #6
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

I'm sorry Shannon (((HUGS))) I agree with the other ladies, go back to the doc and ask for some of these meds that were mentioned and get yourself mentally healthy if not for you for your new little girl She needs you.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:48 AM   #7
Newtocloth2006
Registered Users

Please go to the doc honey. You could very well be suffering from 3rd trimester depression which could lead to some pretty bad PPD later. Take care of you and that baby.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:32 AM   #8
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am sorry
I feel you though....
I can not eat sometimes until 10pm for the firsttime in the day. I dont know how i do it, but i have NO desire to eat. and when i do, it is usualy empty comfort food calories...

Hang in there and talk to you doc. THere has to be somethingthat can be done!!! besides taking baby early...
Old 10-06-2006, 10:02 AM   #9
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

My depression was so bad that I was a cutter for 7 years. I was put on Zoloft in the 3rd trimester (the safest time to take it, as the baby has basically "developed" but is just growing). I knew that if we didn't start it, I was going to lose my mind once DS was born. I'm supposed to still be on it, but most of the time I forget, and I'm actually doing pretty well without it.

Good luck hun. And please go back to your doctor and get some meds! I was totally anti-meds, but it was more important for me to be mentally healthy for my son than for me not to put meds into my system.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:04 PM   #10
Shannon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks everyone, please don't misunderstand, I AM on anti depressants already. I have been for all three of my pregnancy's and everyday before and after them. I was given a new RX to start the day I found out I was PG this time but couldn't start it because it was not a safe one to take while pregnant. So the Meds haven't been working the best in a long time but right now seems to be the most crucial time. I'm a mess and don't know what to do to fix this. I try Making myself be a good mom and then it explodes in my face...I hate me right now...TG I go to the doctor on Tuesday. Hopefully I can get more answers or options.

I just can't handle hearing my DD say "Mommy, why are you crying again?" and "Mama, why are you yelling so much?"

Marrying my wonderful Fiancee' Rodney on 6/26/20010
[/COLOR]Expecting to TTC in July 2010
Shannon is offline   Reply With Quote