Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2006, 08:24 AM   #1
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
im soooooo mad

this is the second time this has happened!!!i bought only dipes in guc-euc when i was building up my stash...well, my dd was a preemie and the med and larges wouldnt fit her for a long time and i decided to go w/mostly prefolds and covers so i sold tthe ones i didnt need(for a lot less than i paid and w/the SAME description) and for the second time im having to give refunds bc they are wicking!!!i feel bad that the dipes arent in the condition i was told they are in i just dont understand...why would someone sell a dipe-that theyy claim is their fav-and say it is good when it isnt??!! im so fed up with it!!!! ok im done venting now

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:05 AM   #2
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:
Re: im soooooo mad

wicking may not always be the cause of the diaper. maybe they arent changing enough, maybe the fit isnt right on their DC, maybe it's too tight, too lose, not enough absorbancy, there are MANY factors with wicking/leaking. So, if I were you I wouldnt give any more refunds because a diaper is simply wicking. There are ways to fix that as well. They can try and strip the diaper.
I can see if the elastic was shot or something and that hadnt been disclosed.
And, after they try and fix the wicking problem and it still wicks on them it probably isnt the right dipe for them.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:14 AM   #3
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

so should i not give a refund on this(it was a trade and we were just going to trade back but i dont even have her dipes yet...)should she try to strip and stuff first? im really just paranoid about getting bad feedback!!!
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:19 AM   #4
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

Say a pocket dipe wicks. If it wicks and the dipe is not repelling and the insert is not totally drenched, the PUL could be ruined. So, the dipe could be ruined. I just don't understand how you can say not to refund someones money cuz wicking can be fixed. It can't always. I bought a NEW dipe from a Momma on here. It was an AIO and it wicked by the legs when I put 1 teaspoon of liquid on it. Something was obviously wrong with the PUL! She took it back! Now, I would suggest that you ask the Momma to see if the dipe is repelling as this does cause wicking and she can strip it. Also ask her if the dipe is saturated when it wicks as she may need more stuffins. My advise is to check your dipes before you sell so you know for sure! Put drops of water on the inner to check for repelling and then let the water soak in to check to wicking. If you never used this dipe, it could have a problem. I just don't understand how Mommas can automatically say "don't refund" in almost every situation when they first of all, you are only hearing 1 side and 2nd of all, the dipe could have a problem and there are ways for the buyer to check it out! I would also say to take the buyers feedback into consideration. If they have tons of all positive, why would they be lying? If they are a newbie, they still might not be lying but I would be more leary.
Oh, and after you do everything right to fix a wicking problem, it SHOULDN't still wick! It's probably not them, it's the diaper. The only exception I can think of is if the leg opening have huge gaps and the pee is just coming out the sides cuz the dipe is too big!
love2bmom2chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:20 AM   #5
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

I agree with Jena. Wicking can be caused by a number of things. I wouldn't refund either.

ETA You take a risk in buying used products. It is getting very hard to sell on this site anymore. People expect used items to look brand new and want a money back guarentee. Buy new if you want a money back guarantee. Used items don't come with warranties and money back guarantees.

Mama to Ethan

Last edited by kimb96; 10-06-2006 at 09:24 AM.
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:21 AM   #6
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
so should i not give a refund on this(it was a trade and we were just going to trade back but i dont even have her dipes yet...)should she try to strip and stuff first? im really just paranoid about getting bad feedback!!!
definitley try and work it out with her. if it was a trade and youre okay with getting your stuff back, but yeah, i personally would suggest she try and strip it and if she is still having issues and youre still okay with trading back then trade back. im not saying you shouldnt try and make the other party happy - you definitley should because you dont want bad feedback. im just saying, its not YOUR fault the dipes are wicking. it could be a user error, the dipe has buildup, its the wrong size, it's not a correct fit for the baby...
Old 10-06-2006, 09:23 AM   #7
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

We were posting at the same time:-)
If she was trading and wants to trade back, I would do it. But ask her to check for repelling and ask about the drenched stuffins. Is she new to CDing as she might not know how to fix problems like this. If she's been CDing forever, she would hopefully alrady know about striping and stuffin. I would trade back if she tries to fix the problem but can't. Can I ask what kind of diaper it was?
Old 10-06-2006, 09:26 AM   #8
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

I still can't believe that you Mommas aren't taking into consideration that the dipe could be flawed! This is crazy! She even stated that she didn't check it-just used the original description. I know it could be totally fine but this is crazy! To automatically say "no refund" is terrible!
Old 10-06-2006, 09:30 AM   #9
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2bmom2chris View Post
I still can't believe that you Mommas aren't taking into consideration that the dipe could be flawed! This is crazy! She even stated that she didn't check it-just used the original description. I know it could be totally fine but this is crazy! To automatically say "no refund" is terrible!
ummmmmmmmm okay.

and I NEVER said that "it wasnt flawed" but mostly wicking is from build up which is an EASY fix and I dont think someone should have to refund for that or the child it too much of a weter and how is THAT the sellers fault. not all dipes are created equal and not all dipes work for EVERY child. trial and error and maybe this is just a simple ERROR. i cant believe youd be SO quick to refund if themama who bought the dipe hasnt even tried to fix the wicking

Last edited by OneFabMama; 10-06-2006 at 09:32 AM.
OneFabMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:33 AM   #10
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

and if you'll READ what i said again, I said "try and work it out with the mama"