Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2006, 09:34 AM   #11
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: im soooooo mad

its a pocket...and ive bought diapers from the mama i bought it from before and never had a problem....but this one is a wahm(unknown) so maybe the diaper IS flawed???im just gonna trade back and when i get the diapers back ill see if there is a problem...does anyone know if i can just write return to sender on her package?i really dont have the money for postage right now....

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:35 AM   #12
westend
Banned
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb96 View Post
I agree with Jena. Wicking can be caused by a number of things. I wouldn't refund either.

ETA You take a risk in buying used products. It is getting very hard to sell on this site anymore. People expect used items to look brand new and want a money back guarentee. Buy new if you want a money back guarantee. Used items don't come with warranties and money back guarantees.
ITA
westend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:40 AM   #13
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I always find it hard on Ebay or anywhere else to figure out how to handle someone who wants a refund or return.

I mean how do I know that she didn't do something to the item on her own to make it not work and then ask for a refund saying "it came like that". Just like on her side she's saying well how do I know that you didn't do something to it and then sell it off as excellent to pawn it off on someone else.

I agree though that with diapers there are MANY reasons why something might not be working and MOST have more to do with fit than anything else.

I operate for my own purchases, I buy almost all used BTW, that if something doesn't work for me it's not necessarily the sellers fault. SO I just deal with it myself.

Personally it's too big of a hassel to go through the whole return refund thing to really deal with it for one diaper. Now that would depend on how much I paid for it.

But really with shipping back and forth etc. it doesn't make it worth it for either seller or buyer you probably end up spending more on shipping than what you paid for the item in the end.

I could see if something had cuts and rips obvious things wrong with it but wicking and leaking are such finicky things that could be caused by so many factors.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:41 AM   #14
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kimb96 View Post
I agree with Jena. Wicking can be caused by a number of things. I wouldn't refund either.

ETA You take a risk in buying used products. It is getting very hard to sell on this site anymore. People expect used items to look brand new and want a money back guarentee. Buy new if you want a money back guarantee. Used items don't come with warranties and money back guarantees.
AMEN!
Old 10-06-2006, 09:45 AM   #15
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

Sorry, I guess I am just irritated because I have been on the bad end of these diaper problems lately. Seems like every other dipe I get wasn't described right. Not just here but ebay too! I didn't say to automatically refund. I stated to have the Momma check the repelling/stuffin situation first and then base a refund decision on that. Take into consideration the other mommas FeedBack. If you put water in a pockt and hold it so the water is floating by the crotch, you can move the dipe around a bit so the water moves and you can check for PUL problems. I did that for a Fuzzi Bunz that I was checking. You can simply check for repelling too!
It just seems like everyone is saying "don't refund period". That's what it looks like. Now, the FB I just tested and sent out, I would not do a refund on as I personally tested it first!
love2bmom2chris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:47 AM   #16
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

2Peas14mnsapart- I totally agree with you! I usually keep the dipe! However, a Momma on ebay sold me 6 FBs and 2 Magicalls that were in "EUC". The FBs were all Pooped stained horribly and the Magicalls had cuts in the PUL! Not even usable. I filed for a refund!
Old 10-06-2006, 09:50 AM   #17
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by love2bmom2chris View Post
2Peas14mnsapart- I totally agree with you! I usually keep the dipe! However, a Momma on ebay sold me 6 FBs and 2 Magicalls that were in "EUC". The FBs were all Pooped stained horribly and the Magicalls had cuts in the PUL! Not even usable. I filed for a refund!
I agree for obvious things like that I would also ask for a refund if it wasn't disclosed.

I don't get that did the person not think you were going to notice the poo stains and the rips?? Weird.
Old 10-06-2006, 09:59 AM   #18
love2bmom2chris
Registered Users
seller

she said she thought it didn't matter cuz they were still functional (well except the one with the slit).
Old 10-06-2006, 10:04 AM   #19
cr2005
Registered Users
seller

I would not give a refund for any wicking issues. I've had diapers that wicked when I used them, but not when someone else did. Also, some people leave their babies in the diaper too long and it will wick. You aren't responsible for wicking issues.
Old 10-06-2006, 10:24 AM   #20
cowmommy
But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you; Matthew 5:44
sitesupporter
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
its a pocket...and ive bought diapers from the mama i bought it from before and never had a problem....but this one is a wahm(unknown) so maybe the diaper IS flawed???im just gonna trade back and when i get the diapers back ill see if there is a problem...does anyone know if i can just write return to sender on her package?i really dont have the money for postage right now....
As long as it's not opened you should be able to. I wouldn't until I get the other dipe back though just to be on the safe side