View Poll Results: Do you wear or push your baby?
Wear always 41 23.84%
Push always (stroller) 18 10.47%
both 113 65.70%
Voters: 172. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2006, 11:33 AM   #21
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Babywearing

Miranda walks. lol That wasn't an option. I've used her stroller a handful of times mostly because we don't go places that you need them at.

Advertisement

jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 11:38 AM   #22
Mamabexter
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS loves being worn but at almost 2 1/2 and over 30 lbs, it is harder on Mama than it used to be.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:47 AM   #23
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Both.

For short trips, like a run into Target, I pull out the Kozy.

For all trips, etc. he's in the stroller.

I've yet to notice that he prefers one. He does fine in both. If anything, he does better in the stoller, he likes to wiggle a lot.

I just got a ring sling, so I'm hoping that I can wear him more. I ADORE my Kozy, but it's not very easy to get on. The only way I can get him on well is on my stomach. I prefer side carry or back though, and that's all but impossible alone for me. I can do it, but it takes a good 15 minutes and by that time, the kid's annoyed.
Old 10-06-2006, 11:50 AM   #24
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Termie View Post
Definitely both! The carrier is great for the grocery store, a short walk, if he's tired or whatnot. But he seems to like the stroller better if we go somewhere like the zoo or something.
Ditto to this. DD loves being carried when shes tired, but she alsoloves to look around and see everything. And when she cant she gets pretty miffed lol we only have MTs so sometimes its hard for her to see.
Old 10-06-2006, 01:38 PM   #25
TwinKristi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I wear my son a lot, especially if I have all my little guys with me. I watch a 2yo little boy so when I have two 2yos and my 10 mo I put the big guys in the stroller and the baby in the MT. And if we go to Target or Albertsons its easier to keep him in the MT than a dirty cart, even with a cover. But if I only have my 2yo and 10 mo I will break out the double stroller.
Old 10-07-2006, 09:57 AM   #26
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DD wouldn't tolerate BWing until she was about 4.5/5 months old. So before that, always the stroller. Then for a few months it was mostly carriers. But now that she's more independent, she doesn't tolerate BWing as much anymore (and she's a huge strain on my shoulders at 28.5 lbs...guess I'm a weakling). So we do both. When I'm in the mood, I'll wear her. Otherwise, she's in the stroller.
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 04:31 PM   #27
rds989
Registered Users
seller

DD likes being on my back in the Ergo way more than a stroller or a shopping cart. So unless we're going for a walk around the neighborhood w/both kids in the double stroller, it's almost always babywearing for her. Good thing she's so tiny (20lbs at 18mos!)

My old DS feedback: http://www.kikifoxito.com/ds/forum/i...?topic=11507.0
rds989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2006, 04:43 PM   #28
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

I prefer to wear DS. HOWEVER, I think it's rediculous to wake a child up to wear them just because people think strollers are evil. If DS is sleeping well in his carseat, I just pull the stroller out and lock his carseat onto the stroller. When he out-grows this carseat (which will be in another like, inch and a half), I don't know what I'll do. I'll probably just wear him all the time, since I'll have to wake him up to do either.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:23 PM   #29
ecomama7
Registered Users
seller

wear always
ecomama7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:39 PM   #30
MyGlorylife
Registered Users
Formerly: WrapHappy
seller
seller

My Mood:

Can you guess from my avatar??? LOL- I always wear ds. I have 4 kiddos so the 7 and 5 yearold walk and the almost 4 yeaold rides in the stroller and ds rides on mom (and baby rides in mom lol). when the next one is born we will switch. Big girl out, big boy down, new baby on. If we are goin somewhere that is not very stroller friendly my almost 4 yearold just walks. Every now and a blue moon my 14th old will ride in the stroller and the almost 4 yearold will ride on me- but not usually...Minda