Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-15-2008, 12:46 PM   #11
JDT
Banned

My Mood:
Re: Have newborn - Need Sleep -suggestions please

Quote:
do your companies require the full amount be met before taking advantage of getting reimbursed through DSA? Ours does so I don't take advantage of the DSA. I've done the FSA for medical expenses in the past years but since having DS I haven't added it back to my paychecks. for FSA we can get reimbursed right away.
With my company there is no deductible to meet. THey take out $357.17 per pay check of pre tax dollars. My claims always far exceed what they take out, so as soon as the funds are in to the FSA administrator, they get direct deposited right back to me.

I get paid on the 15th and the 30th of each month. I get an FSA direct deposit on approx the 22th and the 8th of each month.

I'm happy to side step the tax man any way I can!

Advertisement

JDT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 05:34 PM   #12
EBentley
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm a big fan of The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems. The routine and the pat-shsh worked wonders when he was little. It takes some practice, but it was great. At 5.5months, I let him CIO w/o checks b/c he was outgrowing the pat/ssshh. It was a very easy 2 days, he didn't cry much (less crying than he was doing before CIO) and we've never had a problem since. Although, I think it worked well b/c I had already addressed sleep problems with the Baby Whisperer.
EBentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 06:52 PM   #13
Mommimi
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Weezy6703 View Post
do your companies require the full amount be met before taking advantage of getting reimbursed through DSA? Ours does so I don't take advantage of the DSA. I've done the FSA for medical expenses in the past years but since having DS I haven't added it back to my paychecks. for FSA we can get reimbursed right away.
I tried FSA for medical but was too lazy to fill out forms and lost some $$ at yr end (use it or lost it). With DSA its a regular thing and I just do it once or twice and I've maxed it out. And no my co. does not need full amount before taking advantage but I max it out anyways.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBentley View Post
I'm a big fan of The Baby Whisperer Solves All Your Problems. The routine and the pat-shsh worked wonders when he was little. It takes some practice, but it was great. At 5.5months, I let him CIO w/o checks b/c he was outgrowing the pat/ssshh. It was a very easy 2 days, he didn't cry much (less crying than he was doing before CIO) and we've never had a problem since. Although, I think it worked well b/c I had already addressed sleep problems with the Baby Whisperer.
I'll have to look up The Baby Whisperer. Thanks. "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" worked like a charm for DS. He goes to sleep and takes his nap w/o any problem. No rocking or anything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2joshkayleighaubrey View Post
wow, sorry to hear this.. idk what to say.. mine slept through the night from 2wks on...only would wake up for a feeding then right back to sleep..as for your 2 yr old not sleeping through the night that's a bit odd, but idk..all kids are different...
DS has a blood condition and 1) has been on the smaller scale (10% in weight) 2) Has to take meds in middle of night until 1.5 yrs old. That it has made him used to getting up around 1 am every night so he still did it for a while. I am happy to report that DS is now asymptomatic. A perfectly normal kid with a few allergies and maybe delayed speech - nothing major.

DD is perfectly healthy. Until a parent has a child with a health condition - its difficult to image all the hospital visits etc. Parenting is a WHOLE different experience with a sick child.
Old 07-15-2008, 08:34 PM   #14
mom2joshkayleighaubrey
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommimi View Post
I tried FSA for medical but was too lazy to fill out forms and lost some $$ at yr end (use it or lost it). With DSA its a regular thing and I just do it once or twice and I've maxed it out. And no my co. does not need full amount before taking advantage but I max it out anyways.

I'll have to look up The Baby Whisperer. Thanks. "Healthy Sleep Habits, Happy Child" worked like a charm for DS. He goes to sleep and takes his nap w/o any problem. No rocking or anything.

DS has a blood condition and 1) has been on the smaller scale (10% in weight) 2) Has to take meds in middle of night until 1.5 yrs old. That it has made him used to getting up around 1 am every night so he still did it for a while. I am happy to report that DS is now asymptomatic. A perfectly normal kid with a few allergies and maybe delayed speech - nothing major.

DD is perfectly healthy. Until a parent has a child with a health condition - its difficult to image all the hospital visits etc. Parenting is a WHOLE different experience with a sick child.
Actually I too had a sick child.. My ds had pyloric stenosis which he had surgery for at 8wks... and also was on meds.. for Acid Reflux.. he would throw up constantly we had very many dr visits to find out what was wrong..and yes he woke up to take them or feed but he had no trouble going back to sleep but he did have to be on an apnea monitor to make sure he didn't stop breathing.. and that would wake up us many nights .so i did have some problems with that..but he always went right back to sleep..he's also on the small side..as well as so is my youngest DD.. they are both in the 10%... sorry ur having such trouble..idk what to say..i never experienced them not sleeping... but i am praying for you..cuz i know it's rough

Last edited by mom2joshkayleighaubrey; 07-15-2008 at 08:36 PM.
mom2joshkayleighaubrey is offline   Reply With Quote