Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2006, 03:16 PM   #1
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Okay something is wrong!

We have been keeping an excel spread sheet since seeing DD's Ped Neuro, he asked us to keep track of her sleeping, so it's been 2 days now and there is definately something wrong with DD.

Yesterday she was only awake for 6.5 hours and today she was only awake for 5 hours.

This is crazy there is no way that sleeping for that long can be good for her.

Reassure me does anyone here have a DC that sleeps for a HUGE amount of time like DD??

She's 14 months BTW.

She's off her meds now too so it's not the meds that are doing it.

Advertisement

Old 10-06-2006, 03:28 PM   #2
MommaBelt
waiting on response to fsot issue 4/11

Re: Okay something is wrong!

My DD does this too. She wakes up at around 7-8, takes a nap at 1030 or 11 sleeps until 12:30 goes BACK to sleep around 3 sleeps till 5 and goes to bed for the night at around 7:30 I always thought it was a lot of sleep, but If I keep her up she gets really cranky and will lay on the floor.
another thought.. is your DD in a growth spurt or teething? or is this something that happens all the time?
MommaBelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:36 PM   #3
GrandIsp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

DS maybe was awake 2 more hours than that until 15 months. He woke around 7:30am, back for a nap from 10-1 or 2, another nap from 4-6, then in bed by 8. So awake maybe 6.5 - 7.5 hours. He's dropped a nap now (at almost 17 months) and wakes around 8, naps 1-3:30 or 4, to bed by 8.

I don't know if this helps at all - I hope so!
Old 10-06-2006, 05:06 PM   #4
janendragon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ds naps alot, i dont keep a track of it, but he has 2 - 3 naps usually 1-3hrs long, and then sleeps 10-12hrs at night. hes sleepier on gloomy weather days, but can definatly stay awake a long time if we go out shopping etc.

SAHM to my crazy toddler
janendragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:16 PM   #5
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

At 14 months old DD was sleeping 3 hours a day and 10-11 hours at night...so I would think that's very odd, DD#2 is 8 months and sleeps less than that.

According to this sleep book I have here, a 14 month old should be sleeping 13 3/4 hours, 10-10 1/2 of those being at night.

I'm glad you're talking to your ped so you can find out if there is an underlying problem. Just remember, for some babies teething, growth spurts, sicknesses etc can make them sleep more for a few days. So I'd make sure you chart a few weeks before you worry.

*HUGS* I hope everything is fine!
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 05:24 PM   #6
GoddessWifeMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmnJJsMom View Post
At 14 months old DD was sleeping 3 hours a day and 10-11 hours at night...so I would think that's very odd, DD#2 is 8 months and sleeps less than that.

According to this sleep book I have here, a 14 month old should be sleeping 13 3/4 hours, 10-10 1/2 of those being at night.

I'm glad you're talking to your ped so you can find out if there is an underlying problem. Just remember, for some babies teething, growth spurts, sicknesses etc can make them sleep more for a few days. So I'd make sure you chart a few weeks before you worry.

*HUGS* I hope everything is fine!
Guess I should have added that she has been sleeping like this for months now actually. Since about 9 months old.

At first we didn't really think much of it, stupid I know but she's our first, then when we told her Pediatric Neurologist he is VERY worried about it.

Then we thought it could be her seizure med, her Ped Neuro thought so too, but she has been off of it for a couple days now and still sleeping the same.

But some of the PP have made me feel a little better about it.

Hmmm......I'm sure we will get it worked out it's just when you track it and see the numbers it's shocking.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:10 PM   #7
sherbear178
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

My kids dont sleep like that so I dont really have anything to add except that maybe the medication isnt totally out of her system yet. Some medications are stored in the body and can still effect you even if you are no longer on them. My example is depo provera for me. I got the shot for a year and there was enough of it left in my body that I didnt get a period for a year after being on it. I hope that helps some. Maybe in a few more days things will change. Give it a little more time to see if it works its way out of her system.
Old 10-06-2006, 06:57 PM   #8
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherbear178 View Post
My kids dont sleep like that so I dont really have anything to add except that maybe the medication isnt totally out of her system yet. Some medications are stored in the body and can still effect you even if you are no longer on them. My example is depo provera for me. I got the shot for a year and there was enough of it left in my body that I didnt get a period for a year after being on it. I hope that helps some. Maybe in a few more days things will change. Give it a little more time to see if it works its way out of her system.
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:56 PM   #9
9800Emily
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
I agree with this. I was on anti seizer meds for cluster headach prevention and at 15 I was sleeping from 5pm to 7am. Only got up because I had to go to school and on the weekends I slept even more. When I got off of the meds it took a full week before I was normal, they are strong meds and effect each person differently.
O, my dd is 9 months and she sleeps about 14 to 17 hours every day.
Old 10-06-2006, 07:58 PM   #10
GrandIsp
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote: