Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2006, 01:47 PM   #1
tillers72
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Spin off**NIP with large breasts???

How do you NIP with a sling/carrier/MT? I tried my damnedest with the sling and since i have now grown past my DD with nursing (whatever size that is) they sag quite a bit and i'm wondering how other mamas are able to do it with the carrier (if at all)???

Advertisement

**we are now in Central Illinois and getting adjusted!**
tillers72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:51 PM   #2
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:
Re: Spin off**NIP with large breasts???

I tried with DD...but it was much more comfortable for me to just sit down and nurse her. I could never get her in the exact right position for nursing in any carrier I tried.

Heck, a week ago I sat down and nursed my DS in public without a blanket OR a nursing shirt. I just lifted my shirt and plopped the boob out. I really didnt have any issues with it. (suprising because with DS I would not do ANYTHING without a blanket, and if I could put it off I would rather than NIP)
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:58 PM   #3
Tootsiemomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I use a wrap for the most part, here's a pic, in public, I just pull the top over her head, she always falls asleep like that and it's pretty easy on the back

I just wear a low cut shirt, I'm a 36 DD so I'm not huge but definately not small!
Tootsiemomma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 10:48 PM   #4
AngelMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I was a 40 H when nursing, and I just wore maternity shirts for a while until I got used to it. For a while I covered DS's head with my shirt, but then he started pushing it up. Soon we just got good at it, I guess. The way I held him, his head and body pretty much covered anything important. It just takes practice! HTH!
Old 10-06-2006, 10:52 PM   #5
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

Thank goodness I'm not the only one!!

I'm a 36 DDD and very saggy. In fact, I'm so large/saggy that I have to hold my breast up for my daughter the entire time that she's nursing! So, there is absolutely no way on God's green earth that I could feed her in a sling/mt/wrap!! This REALLY stinks for me because at church she goes to sleep in the MT but ALWAYS wakes up to nurse before service is over. I always have to leave and nurse her in the nursery because getting her out of the MT is such a production.

On a slightly related note, I think I'm going to make myself a Hooter Hider tomorrow!!
Old 10-08-2006, 12:25 AM   #6
a_cthelen
My cat's breath smells like cat food
seller

I don't try to be discreet anymore...it's too much of a hassle.

Wool for Sale: http://hyenacart.com/Spots_corner/index.php?u=6698
a_cthelen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:38 PM   #7
ttrjpbc
Transaction Issues arising. Please file a cliam if you are waiting on items!!
seller

My Mood:

So having to hold your breast away from babys face isn't lack of experience on my part!! Whoo hooo! I have 38DD and would suffocate the poor child if I didn't hold part of my breast away. Which stinks because i could really use the other hand for the other 5 kids!! Is there another position or hold to try???
ttrjpbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:46 PM   #8
ttrjpbc
Transaction Issues arising. Please file a cliam if you are waiting on items!!
seller

My Mood:

So having to hold your breast away from babys face isn't lack of experience on my part!! Whoo hooo! I have 38DD and would suffocate the poor child if I didn't hold part of my breast away. Which stinks because i could really use the other hand for the other 5 kids!! Is there another position or hold to try???
ttrjpbc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 08:54 PM   #9
presleycaedmon
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrjpbc View Post
Nope, not lack of experience, just big boobs! LOL

I have yet to find a position in which I don't have to hold my breast. However, I have found positions in which I can free up my othre hand by putting Presley on a pillow and/or boppy. This works at home but I don't really want to haul around a pillow everywhere I go so it solves nothing for NIP.
Old 10-09-2006, 11:03 AM   #10
mikahsmomma
Registered Users
seller

I can nurse in a MT, but there's quite a bit of boobage showing out the side of the MT. I usually just tuck a receiving blanket up under the shoulder strap of the MT and let it hang to where it covers his head and my boob. People just assume he's sleeping. Oh and I do still have to use a hand for support and to keep him from suffocating. A MT that allows him to lean back a little bit - like a Kozy - is best. I've never figured out a ring sling or pouch though.

ETA: I took a picture today of 9 month old DS in a Kozy in a nursing position. He's NOT nursing - WAY too interested in everything else going on - but in the same position he would be in. I have to keep my hand where it is to kind of push the boob in and up for him to reach it. I also have to loosen the straps to lower him just a bit. If I were outside I'd throw a receiving blanket over the whole thing to cover the side flab since I don't have any nursing shirts.

Last edited by mikahsmomma; 10-09-2006 at 02:45 PM.
mikahsmomma is offline   Reply With Quote