Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2006, 02:07 PM   #1
somersocial
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
FSOT stinky diaper vent!

I HATE opening FSOT diapers that stink of cig smoke! AARRGGGGG!!! Makes me want to puke! What do you do, would you leave neg fb for diapers that stink this way?

Niccole

Advertisement

somersocial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:18 PM   #2
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

Re: FSOT stinky diaper vent!

I probably wouldn't, unless they stated a smoke free home. I always wash everything before using it anyway. My dad is a heavy smoker so all the gifts my parents buy reek of smoke but it always washes out.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 02:41 PM   #3
chunkymonkey'smomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, I wouldn't leave Neg. Feedback, but if it upset you that bad you could kindly mention to the Mama that the smoke bothered you so maybe she'll note it in her FSOT listings moving forward.
Old 10-06-2006, 02:57 PM   #4
somersocial
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No I really don't think it warrants neg fb - I was just disapointed is all and I should ask from now on because it does bother me so much! Thanks mamas.

Niccole
somersocial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:27 PM   #5
Theresa
Registered Users

My Mood:

i cant stand this either it actually makes me sick when i open my mailbox and get the packages out and smell the smoke i know right then to head to the laundry room and sometimes it takes a few washes to get them smell out
Theresa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:31 PM   #6
Prettylocks
Registered Users
seller

Smoke smelling diapers are ! The smell washes right out- I run them through 2 hot washes and that does the trick. Once I pm'd a mama to let her know that the diapers smelled very strongly of smoke and that in the future she might consider disclosing that in her FS posts. It is not worthy of neg fb, but definitely a PITA.
Old 10-06-2006, 04:06 PM   #7
daniels_mami
Banned
seller

My Mood:

i have never had a dipe smell like cigs but have had tons of pet hair and pm'd mama to let her know! the mama didnt respond back. i left no feedback but i should have left neutral bcuz shipping took forever!
daniels_mami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 07:02 PM   #8
babygirls2
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Wink Re: FSOT stinky diaper vent!

There was a post a/b this same thing not to long ago. Sometimes if the mama has stated the she has a smoke free home and it smells like cig smoke then it may be your mail carrier. They often use their own vehicles and smoke in them. That would cause them to smell like it too!! That is why I put ALL my fluff in a ziplock and squeeze all of the air out before putting it in a mailer. I HATE the smell of cig smoke and it is the best way I have found to prevent them from getting stinky, wet, or damaged if the mailer gets torn. Sorry you got some stinky fluff!!!! That sux!!!! Anyway, that is my .
babygirls2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 02:29 AM   #9
L J
Gazelle Intense
seller
seller

I am a member of a book swap site- one member in particular with complaining about many of the books she recieved smelling smokey. Well... it wasn't the sender's fault- her part-time postman chain-smoked stinky cigars, and the smoke was able to infiltrate the packages.

You never know what your items goes through to get to you- so I say in cases like this, you should give the mama the benefit of the doubt.

If you have a severe allergy or sensitivity to certain smells that can be found just about anywhere, ask for your purchases to be placed in a zip-lock bag or tightly saran-wrapped before they are sent. I know most sellers would understand and make that accomadation.

Last edited by L J; 10-08-2006 at 02:32 AM. Reason: edited to say I didn't read all the responses first... sorry! great minds think alike, huh? =)
L J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 02:33 AM   #10
heidisue
seller
seller

My Mood:

Ewww... but not worth neg feedback - wash it a few times and hang it on the line to dry, hopefully that will help. I once got a mannequin that smelled so strongly of smoke that I had to set it outside for four days! How many cigs do you go through to make plastic (no fabric - it was one of those hanger ones) stink!!
heidisue is offline   Reply With Quote