Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-06-2006, 08:59 AM   #1
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Wink I think we have to repeat your pregnancy test...

I'm shaking my head just chuckling when I think about this...

Today I had a vacation day and just happened to be home when my endocrinologist called. I had done a panel of bloodwork for him on 9/12 (11 DPO) including a pregnancy test, as I had not been feeling right and he knew we were TTC. That same day, temptation got the best of me and I took the first of many HPT strips that were BFPs. I talked to him a week later, when he said that I tested a little pregnant and I told him at that time that I had already tested positive at home and had set up an appointment with my OB.

Well today, he called to ask if I had gotten AF since my test. I said no. He replied "I think we have to repeat your pregnancy test... it was a little positive. So you need to either come in the lab or we'll get you one from the pharmacy..." I almost started laughing on the spot. I reminded him that I had already taken some home tests that were positive and that I had an appointment coming up with my OB. He asked if we had already talked about this, and I felt bad, so I said "briefly". After that, he just asked to be kept in the loop.

That blood test must have been for a very low number if he's that concerned! Then again, it was only 11 DPO. On the other hand, it goes to show you how sensitive those internet cheapie strip tests can be!

And just for the heck of it, I took another internet cheapie test last Friday or Saturday... it was positive almost instantly and very dark. I think I'm still pregnant.

Advertisement

Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:02 AM   #2
OneFabMama
Cause Thats How I Roll
seller

My Mood:
Re: I think we have to repeat your pregnancy test...

Old 10-06-2006, 09:11 AM   #3
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

When i was preggy last time,I went in to the doc to get a confirmation blood test. Well, about a week after my test, i checked my Voicemail and my doc left me a message that said " I was calling to see if you miscarried yet. Your numbers were so low. give me a call back." I thought what a HORRIBLE message to leave on someones voicemail.

Some docs are just
Old 10-06-2006, 09:19 AM   #4
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by Severine View Post
I'm shaking my head just chuckling when I think about this...

Today I had a vacation day and just happened to be home when my endocrinologist called. I had done a panel of bloodwork for him on 9/12 (11 DPO) including a pregnancy test, as I had not been feeling right and he knew we were TTC. That same day, temptation got the best of me and I took the first of many HPT strips that were BFPs. I talked to him a week later, when he said that I tested a little pregnant and I told him at that time that I had already tested positive at home and had set up an appointment with my OB.

Well today, he called to ask if I had gotten AF since my test. I said no. He replied "I think we have to repeat your pregnancy test... it was a little positive. So you need to either come in the lab or we'll get you one from the pharmacy..." I almost started laughing on the spot. I reminded him that I had already taken some home tests that were positive and that I had an appointment coming up with my OB. He asked if we had already talked about this, and I felt bad, so I said "briefly". After that, he just asked to be kept in the loop.

That blood test must have been for a very low number if he's that concerned! Then again, it was only 11 DPO. On the other hand, it goes to show you how sensitive those internet cheapie strip tests can be!

And just for the heck of it, I took another internet cheapie test last Friday or Saturday... it was positive almost instantly and very dark. I think I'm still pregnant.
LOL at your doc Carrie! Maybe he needs a vacation!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing_butt_cloth View Post
When i was preggy last time,I went in to the doc to get a confirmation blood test. Well, about a week after my test, i checked my Voicemail and my doc left me a message that said " I was calling to see if you miscarried yet. Your numbers were so low. give me a call back." I thought what a HORRIBLE message to leave on someones voicemail.

Some docs are just

BUT OMG at nothing butt cloth 's doc! What a horrible message to leave on someones voicemail! In my state you are not allowed to leave messages indicating any patients' information...they would just call and leave a message saying to call back!
Old 10-06-2006, 09:27 AM   #5
rowynne
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

WOW, big HIPPA violation there! They cant even say what kind of Dr they are anymore I dont think! Just have so & so call 555-5555.
rowynne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 09:51 AM   #6
keegans_mommy
I had the CD wagon impounded!
seller

My Mood:

A "little PG"? LOL
Old 10-06-2006, 10:47 AM   #7
MommaBelt
waiting on response to fsot issue 4/11

Quote:
Originally Posted by keegans_mommy View Post
A "little PG"? LOL

My thoughts exactly..
I agree maybe your doc needs a vacation
MommaBelt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:44 PM   #8
clothdiapermom
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowynne View Post
WOW, big HIPPA violation there! They cant even say what kind of Dr they are anymore I dont think! Just have so & so call 555-5555.
Not necessarily true. I signed a form at my doctors office that said they could give info to me, DH or leave it on our home phone number. So it could be that she signed something like that. They even double checked and had me redo that form when I went in at my first prenatal appointment for this pregnancy.
Meg, Mom to DD#1 6/04 DD#2 4/07
(all of my items come from a non smoking, pet friendly home)
clothdiapermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 01:57 PM   #9
Severine
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by clothdiapermom View Post
Not necessarily true. I signed a form at my doctors office that said they could give info to me, DH or leave it on our home phone number. So it could be that she signed something like that. They even double checked and had me redo that form when I went in at my first prenatal appointment for this pregnancy.

I always have told my doctors that it's okay for them to leave info on my answering machine, mainly because it's so darn difficult to get a hold of someone when you have to call back.

Yeah, he did sound like he needed a vacation. It was nice of him to remember the test and call, though. I guess he just didn't write down our last conversation.
Severine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2006, 03:16 PM   #10
wbkt8
Registered Users
seller

carrie -

your endocrinologist sounds just like the guy i see. i swear every time i go in i have to repeat my whole freakin' history with him. you'd think he'd write some of it down or something. grrrr. i would find someone else, but i'm sincerely hoping that i can kick him to the curb after this pregnancy and not have to see anyone.

bah!