Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 09-28-2006, 06:52 AM   #1
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
what do you wear to nurse in public?

do you actually have nursing clothes or do you make do w/what you already had??

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:26 AM   #2
eilarie
Registered Users

Re: what do you wear to nurse in public?

I bought a few good nursing bras, but other than that I really don't wear nursing clothes. I wear looser fitting shirts that I can pull up. I should also say that I'm not very modest and the Northeast is pretty liberal in terms of BF in public. I get lots of smiles from people when feeding my son at bagel shops, restaurants, park benches, etc.
eilarie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:40 AM   #3
mamamac
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just make sure that I can hide my "Baby Handles", usually its a loose fitting shirt, sometimes its a nursing shirt. But I always have my sling to help hide my baby handles, but I don't hide my chest.
Old 09-28-2006, 07:42 AM   #4
mother4JC
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I got a couple of nursing shirts but just usually make do with what I have.
Amy~Wife to: Josh and Mother to: Levi 2/13/00 Lillie3/29/06 Ethan 10/4/07 Evie 5/2/10 #5 Custom wet bags, Nursing Covers, & Wipes Cases, blankets, leggins, onesies I ACCEPT PP & RME Like my facebook page Threaded Thingy's **
mother4JC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 07:42 AM   #5
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

what about church?
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
Old 09-28-2006, 07:55 AM   #6
MamaMel
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i just wear a spaghetti strap tank top under my shirt and then when she wants to nurse just pull my breast out of the top of the tank top. That way my belly is exposed!
MamaMel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 08:51 AM   #7
honeybunmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I bought nursing shirts. I am very small chested - even during and post pregnancy. I only bought B cup nursing bras because they don't make A cups!!! Anyway, there's no boobage hanging low enough to be in any way discreet otherwise.

Elisa
Old 09-28-2006, 08:59 AM   #8
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

honey...im small too thats my problem and i feel wierd just whipping it out in church-even in the nursing room(no problem anywhere else though!!LOL)
Old 09-28-2006, 09:05 AM   #9
mom3girls
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I just use a canopy , that way nothing is showing, Im not embarrased but I feel its better to cover , sometimes I use a recieving blanket too just thrown over the sholder.
mom3girls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2006, 09:20 AM   #10
tmaue
Registered Users

I usually just wear tshirts or any regular shirt that is not too tight (if too tight it is too hard to pull up discretely). I pull it up with my hand at the same place her head is going to be so that I can hold it up a little above her face so that it is not sitting on her but is still low down so no one can see. I am also not very big, so there is no sagging. This has always worked well and I have never flashed anyone that I know of. Since I keep my hand on the shirt during much of the nursing, if she pops off, I can quickly put it down until she is ready again and then I lift it right back up.

I do not own a nursing shirt but I do have a couple of nursing bras that are tank tops so they don't show your stomach. I know some people who have cut slits in white tank tops to nurse through (up and down direction) so that they don't have to show there stomach.

Tara
tmaue is offline   Reply With Quote