Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-08-2006, 03:53 PM   #1
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:
Need Info on circing & non circing

Thanks melissa, your post sparked this. I need info on non-circing. After reading Melissa's post, hubby was sitting here, he wants Leland circ'd, I said oh yeah, by the way Dear....just wanted you to know that when Leland is born you will be the one taking him in with the dr when he gets circ'd. Then I turned around as if I had said a normal every day thing. I didn't want him to see me smirking...heeheehee. He stuttered around"Uh what, what do you mean."..I said well you know how I was with the last 2, barely letting them take the babies out of my room for any reason, well they wont be taking Leland anywhere with out you or I. He was floored. I told him I would be the one taking him down for his bath and everything. He said they may not allow that. I said yes they will. He is mine and they will not take him with out you or I. So when he gets circ'd you will go. He said why me, I said cause you want him circ'd so you will take him. He was quite pale. He said he did not want to do that. Don't you mamas think that is fair?? I said well why not?? You want it done but you don't want to take him?? I dont get it?? He said it has to be done or he will never be clean....

So I need info on that cause I think from reading a dif post months ago there was stuff about that...my brain just is not functioning 100%...preggo brain!!

Advertisement

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr

Last edited by annes_cottage; 10-08-2006 at 03:54 PM. Reason: correction
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:00 PM   #2
nothing_butt_cloth
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Need Info on circing & non circing

ack!!
Trying to think of the website i saw..there are some great ones out there.

I have a firend who does circ, and that is fine with me..but she has herself convinced it is nothing more than cutting a hang nail... She thinks i am just a hippie freaka nd that is fine with me. I will be hippie freaking my intact boy around LOL.. I believe each person has their reasoning. but this is my choice.

I know the AAP has said smething about it is no longer medically needed, and there is no increase of boy UTIs with or without circ.
I can tell you. I talked to my MIL and she has 4 boys that are circed and my hubby is the oldest and he is not. she said there was NO differnece in care. You have to teach boysto clean themselves if they have foreskin or not..

I know nothing about the jewish religion orwhy they circ... but is your hubbys thinking religion or just litterally clean or dirty...( sorry i am a religios dummy so not rying to offend anyone who circs for religious reasons)
Old 10-08-2006, 04:04 PM   #3
annes_cottage
Accomplice to the Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by nothing_butt_cloth View Post
ack!!
Trying to think of the website i saw..there are some great ones out there.

I have a firend who does circ, and that is fine with me..but she has herself convinced it is nothing more than cutting a hang nail... She thinks i am just a hippie freaka nd that is fine with me. I will be hippie freaking my intact boy around LOL.. I believe each person has their reasoning. but this is my choice.

I know the AAP has said smething about it is no longer medically needed, and there is no increase of boy UTIs with or without circ.
I can tell you. I talked to my MIL and she has 4 boys that are circed and my hubby is the oldest and he is not. she said there was NO differnece in care. You have to teach boysto clean themselves if they have foreskin or not..

I know nothing about the jewish religion orwhy they circ... but is your hubbys thinking religion or just litterally clean or dirty...( sorry i am a religios dummy so not rying to offend anyone who circs for religious reasons)
Hubby just thinks it is dirty to not and when Leland gets bigger he won't be able to keep it clean himself and it will cause infections.

Avi pic: Leland 1 yr
annes_cottage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:26 PM   #4
kingdink
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Girls are able to keep all there folds clean and it's no different. Actually, it's probably easier for an intact boy to just pull back and rinse...that's all that needs to be done and it doesn't need to be done until the skin releases on it's own. I highly suggest checking out the board at Just Mommies (http://www.justmommies.com/boards/index.php). They have an intact board (which is all I really use the site for) and they have a bunch of articles, info and personal stories. I found the board after having my son and I was even more happy I made the choice to leave him intact after reading some of the info there.

JoJee Creations Custom pencil portraits and knitted goods
kingdink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 04:50 PM   #5
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No, actually, an intact penis is self-cleaning! Just like a vagina. That misconception comes from when people used to think that smegma is dirty. But now we know that it is not dirty, its actually what keeps the penis clean and moist. My son is intact and we've never done anything special to it. We just wipe it down at bath time with water (you NEVER retract a boys penis, you wait until they can do it themselves).

Anyway, here a really good article. Yes, it comes from the anti-circ "side" but it is very factual and it also counters a lot of the false info that is out there.
http://www.mothering.com/articles/ne...cumcision.html

I just found this... its written by a mama. Its about why she chose to leave her son intact. It has a lot of good facts too.
http://www.stopcirc.com/ilearned.html
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:01 PM   #6
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

well...my family keeps boys intact, unfortunately my husbands does not. all 3 of mine are circed and it saddens me. it was what hubby wanted though and nothing i said could make him not want it done. well with ds 3 i made HIM take him and MADE him watch it be done...yes *****y i know lol. unfortunately for me (this may sound awful to say..but i wanted him to see that it's painful) ds3 did NOT cry AT ALL about it. grrrrrr. so that just made him all proud that his boy was a trooper about it :eyeroll: .

but a intact penis is actually easier to take care of than a circed. you don't have to do ANYTHING with an intact but with a circed you have to keep it clean and do have to pull back here and there or the skin will try to grow back on. we had the skin grow back on several time (sometimes just through a nap) with ds2. and brighton's is crooked now and i think it's from too much skin being taken..i do suppose it could've been that way before though.

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:07 PM   #7
KnottyLDSMama
Peachy with a side of keen, that would be me
Formerly: Moonprysm
seller
seller

My Mood:

DH's is crooked. lol (I'm sure he'd get a kick out of me talking about this with you ladies) but after we had done our research when I was pregnant with DS and had decided not to and all the reasons why, we got to looking at his. He has a nasty scar from it, and I can almost bet you money that the way they did it (more on one side than the other) is why his is crooked. As he says "what man wouldn't want more "meat"? lol DH is a trip.

What finally broke him, though was the fact that a bad circ job can lead to them having to amputate the penis. He looked at it like this - IF uncirc'd men get penis cancer more (which they don't, but let's just go with it) he had a choice - his son could enjoy his penis for a large part of his life and THEN have it taken off, or he could go his whole life without a penis.

I think it also helped that we asked the OB/GYN and she even said that there's no reason to do it, and he brought up what he had read in a magazine (that said uncirc'd men were more likely to catch STDs) and she said that's not true at all.
KnottyLDSMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 05:14 PM   #8
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
well...my family keeps boys intact, unfortunately my husbands does not. all 3 of mine are circed and it saddens me. it was what hubby wanted though and nothing i said could make him not want it done. well with ds 3 i made HIM take him and MADE him watch it be done...yes *****y i know lol. unfortunately for me (this may sound awful to say..but i wanted him to see that it's painful) ds3 did NOT cry AT ALL about it. grrrrrr. so that just made him all proud that his boy was a trooper about it :eyeroll: .
I don't think that was *****y of you at all! Actually I would have been even more of a "*****" and would have told my DH that he could just bite my butt. It does sound like your DS actually got adequate pain relief which is really rare. He's really lucky. By the way though, EVERYone in my family circs. So we're the outcasts.

To the OP: I'm still looking for some "not-full-of-fake-statistic" articles... the ones i gave you DO have info for both sides though. Its just really hard to find stuff that's not too biased. (And usually the pro-circ sites have tons of old stuff about how it decreases STDs and all that... which we now know is not true.)

Last edited by urchin_grey; 10-08-2006 at 05:17 PM.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 07:31 PM   #9
JustAugust
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Not sure if this has been mentioned, but the foreskin does the exact same job as a woman's labia. Ask him if he thinks YOU'RE dirty, and unable to keep yourself clean. That might work.

PLUS, it's actually MORE dirty to circumcise! The poor baby has an open wound that is constantly exposed to urine and feces. An intact little boy is protected from all that.

The head of the penis was meant to be, technically, an internal thing. That's why it's red and moist... kind of like the vagina. When you take the foreskin away, it is constantly rubbing on diapers/pants and eventually most of it's sensativity is lost. MANY circumcised men end up with ED when they get older. (Not saying intact men can't, but from research it's far less common)

ETA: Also, my nephew, who is now 7, had too much skin taken away and when he would get erections (just the typical erections little boys get), he would scream and cry because it hurt so bad. He's old enough to bathe himself and take care of himself down there now, so I have no idea if it still happens. But I worry about when he gets older! Poor kid!

Last edited by JustAugust; 10-08-2006 at 07:36 PM.
JustAugust is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2006, 10:54 PM   #10
myajdw
why do you insist on grating my cheese...my kids already do that
seller
seller

My Mood:

i didn't know that aobut ED...lol i just told my dh that and he says "i don't have a problem do i?" LOL...so i told him you're not old yet..his response is that when he's old he won't need it anymore LOL.

i would like to say though, that he does understand it's just a cosmetic surgery...he knows there's no medical reason to it. but refuses to believe that having one can cause more serious problems. he does understand the other aspects of keeping boys intact and does realize that there aren't problems with it. but i still was furious all 3 times!!!!

Mom to 4 boys~AJ~Dustin~Brighton~Tristan~ & 1 Angel Baby Ilori
& our 1 girly Baker, 8/13
myajdw is offline   Reply With Quote