Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!
Old 07-18-2008, 02:16 PM   #1
Registered Users
Is incense okay during pregnancy?

My husband and I usually burn incense everyday in our apartment, but now we're wondering about the safety of it during pregnancy. I just found out that I'm pregnant TODAY so that's why we were wondering about it. I saw something about leukemia in some articles, but I just wanted to know if anyone else has burned it during their pregnancies. Thanks!

*28 year old mama to Josiah Liam, born 05.19.2007, Jonas Elliot, my dove in heaven, stillborn at 40 weeks 03.12.2009* , and my rainbow baby Julien Reese 11.04.2010 *Married to Zac 06.11.2005*
idigchaitea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 02:35 PM   #2
Registered Users
Formerly: tummy mommy
Re: Is incense okay during pregnancy?

not to do with pregnancy really but i've heard that the smoke that incense gives off can be just as bad as second hand smoke from a cigarette.

I used to love burning incense until I found that out
Liddle1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 04:21 PM   #3
Registered Users
My Mood:
Re: Is incense okay during pregnancy?

First off, Congratulations!
We used to burn a lot of incense too. I saw there was a warning on the back of some of our packages about it causing big problems during pregnancy, so I took them back and got a refund. I'm not sure if all incense is a problem. We've burned it 3 times while I'm pregnant so far (I'm 5 months), but I'm not IN the smoke. I wouldn't burn it everyday. It IS smoke, whether it has other dangers or not.
Starlite is offline   Reply With Quote