Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-18-2008, 06:15 PM   #1
hollyday27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Question Why does a number come up "restricted" on caller id??

ETA: He keeps calling still and DH answered last night just to have him hang up. Tonight I just got a text from some guy with the number listed (not restricted) and he followed up with a pic, and he just now sent me another pic of him in a boat playing a guitar with no shirt on??? He's a good looking guy, but what does he want?? I have no idea who he is. Called Verizon and they walked me through how to change my phone settings to block all calls that aren't in my address book. Should I text him back, ignore him, what? I think the next pic will be of him naked...

So I never answer my phone, home or cell. I rarely even check my cell phone because we are often home and I never think about it, it's just stuffed in my purse. DH was taking the LOs out tonight for some "man" time to give me a break and I got out the phone to give him. Checked to see if it was charged and saw I had a missed call. Turns out I have like 30 missed calls in a few days time!!??

All the calls were from a "restricted" number and I only had one voicemail. It was this man with a southern accent that said "Holly there is something I've been wanting to tell you for a long time, please answer your phone!". WTF?? No number, no "this is so and so...". I'm freaking out here! I do say "You've reached Holly" on my VM message so DH said it might be a wrong number?? How likely is that that they were trying to call a Holly?? Anyways, just curious if anyone knows about restricted numbers, usually it says "unavailable" I thought?

Advertisement

~always ISO Amazon & iTunes GCs~

Last edited by hollyday27; 07-22-2008 at 05:07 PM.
hollyday27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 06:26 PM   #2
tmrobinson
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Why does a number come up "restricted" on caller id??

Pretty sure you can pay extra to have your number blocked so it doesn't show up on caller ID. People I babysat for when I was younger has this on their phone and a friend of mines parents had theirs set so they couldn't receive calls with blocked numbers so I'd have to push *something so it would show and they would hear the phone ring.

tmrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:00 PM   #3
trilla_marion
Registered Users

My Mood:

well I used to get a restricted number all the time when my dh was in tech school for the Air Force...so there are definitely numbers that come up restricted
Old 07-18-2008, 07:03 PM   #4
I Smile Because Of Them
Registered Users
seller

Location: I'm only passing through here as my real home is in Heaven!
My Mood:

Sometimes it depends on if it's a call from a business. I know when my SIL calls me from her work, it comes up restricted. Also, anyone can call anyone restricted by dialing *67 or something like that before dialing the number.

Last edited by I Smile Because Of Them; 07-18-2008 at 07:03 PM. Reason: Hit enter too soon.
I Smile Because Of Them is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 07:27 PM   #5
snangel
Registered Users

My Mood:

My number is restricted, it also means it is not in the phone book, or on canada 411. There are reasons why people would want this.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:32 PM   #6
mom2joshkayleighaubrey
Registered Users

My Mood:

My mom and grandma both have their numbers blocked from showing on caller Id.. so even though they are in my phone.. it still shows blocked call.. it's weird..but that's how they like it for whatever reason..

We have our phone number unlisted and if you try to look up our names on say white pages... it doesn't show our address or phone number.. it's nice....
Old 07-18-2008, 07:36 PM   #7
hollyday27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Thanks, I don't remember ever seeing a restricted number. This call has just got me weired out... who calls ten plus times in one day, everyday?? No idea who this person even is.
Old 07-18-2008, 07:51 PM   #8
tessa1002
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Do you owe money on anything? Could it be a collection agency? They would always call my house about 10x a day, and they were always shady like that. They would act like they were a friend or something so I would pick up the phone.
tessa1002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2008, 09:28 PM   #9
hollyday27
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

OMG he just called 10 times in the last hour like 10 min exactly apart!! No, we don't owe anything besides it's my cell phone so I'm not sure how anyone would get that number. I keep listening to the message over and over because he's really hard to understand. If I call Verizon do you think they would be able to tell me who it is, or put a block on the call? I know you all must think just answer it, but I'm scared LOL!
Old 07-18-2008, 09:55 PM   #10
dragondance
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hollyday27 View Post
OMG he just called 10 times in the last hour like 10 min exactly apart!! No, we don't owe anything besides it's my cell phone so I'm not sure how anyone would get that number. I keep listening to the message over and over because he's really hard to understand. If I call Verizon do you think they would be able to tell me who it is, or put a block on the call? I know you all must think just answer it, but I'm scared LOL!
Can you answer and say "Holly's not here right now, who is this?"
Think you've got the LOWEST rate on your phone/Internet/TV/security? PM me & I will find you at least one lower rate (for FREE) or I'll PP you $5!! Discounts on gas & electric coming soon! I cut my own bills almost in half!
dragondance is offline   Reply With Quote