Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 06-30-2008, 11:13 AM   #1
Sarahb44
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
NEVER have I hated this more~

I HATE living in NC right now!! I hate that I cannot get a hb b/c its too costly for us atm. I hate that I found a MW at a docs office, but still no guarantee of her being at my delivery. I hate that at every freaking corned I get slapped in the face........

Advertisement

Sarahb44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 02:09 PM   #2
waa510
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: NEVER have I hated this more~

I'm so sorry. That must be really frustrating, to have such uncertainty going on as to whether you'll really be able to have the birth you want to have. I'd suggest possibly UC'ing, but I know how scary the thought of that can be. (No offense to Ucing mamas..I just am a lot ignorant to Ucing in general...and just a paranoid, anxious person by nature.) Hopefully you'll be able to get this resolved somehow. Many to you mama. GL!
Old 06-30-2008, 02:13 PM   #3
Sarahb44
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by waa510 View Post
I'm so sorry. That must be really frustrating, to have such uncertainty going on as to whether you'll really be able to have the birth you want to have. I'd suggest possibly UC'ing, but I know how scary the thought of that can be. (No offense to Ucing mamas..I just am a lot ignorant to Ucing in general...and just a paranoid, anxious person by nature.) Hopefully you'll be able to get this resolved somehow. Many to you mama. GL!

There is NO way DH would UC. And I am not sure I am confident enough for it. At least he is hell bent on make my hospital experience the best he can b/c he knows how upset I am him!

Old 06-30-2008, 03:23 PM   #4
jennsmile
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How much would your HB be?

Could dh work a second job for a month or two to pay for it?

Could you barter for it? House cleaning, babysitting, tutoring, music lessons, sewing, web design....

Is there a midwive in training that could give you a discount?

Jenn

Fort Hood Mama's check out LLL of Killeen
jennsmile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 03:48 PM   #5
Sarahb44
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennsmile View Post
How much would your HB be?

Could dh work a second job for a month or two to pay for it?

Could you barter for it? House cleaning, babysitting, tutoring, music lessons, sewing, web design....

Is there a midwive in training that could give you a discount?

Jenn
$2400
DH is not allowed to work any other job...
Bartering, we could, if we didnt live soooooooo far away we could, but its not worth the gas $ or time
No, there aren't many in the area ue to laws

Old 06-30-2008, 03:59 PM   #6
hippydippymama
Registered Users
seller

I know this feeling all too well! I spent most of the first half of my pregnancy so stressed out over how this was all going work out, because I knew I absolutely HAD to have a homebirth, no doubt about it, but I just couldn't figure out how I could pay for it and how I could find a midwife since all the ones I had found lived so far away from me and we don't have a car to go meet anyone with. I didn't really like any of the ones I talked to anyway. Well, long story short, I am 34 weeks and 2 midwives have just popped up out of the blue that both live nearby and that I really like. And although it has been a major struggle to save up money for this homebirth (since I am doing it all by myself!), as you can see in my siggie I am getting closer and closer to my goal. If I have any left over that still needs to be paid, my MWs have agreed to let me work out a payment plan after the baby is born. It is all coming together, which is a huge relief after stressing out for the past 7 months! So I guess what I'm trying to say is keep trying, believe that there is a way this will happen, because if you want it bad enough it will come to you.
hippydippymama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:13 PM   #7
AnnaG01
Registered Users
seller

*hugs* I am so sorry that stinks! Could you do it UC with a Doula?
Riley (6), Skyler (4) , Payton (2) & our new baby Quinn Mackenzie My Blog
AnnaG01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2008, 04:35 PM   #8
Sarahb44
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippydippymama View Post
I know this feeling all too well! I spent most of the first half of my pregnancy so stressed out over how this was all going work out, because I knew I absolutely HAD to have a homebirth, no doubt about it, but I just couldn't figure out how I could pay for it and how I could find a midwife since all the ones I had found lived so far away from me and we don't have a car to go meet anyone with. I didn't really like any of the ones I talked to anyway. Well, long story short, I am 34 weeks and 2 midwives have just popped up out of the blue that both live nearby and that I really like. And although it has been a major struggle to save up money for this homebirth (since I am doing it all by myself!), as you can see in my siggie I am getting closer and closer to my goal. If I have any left over that still needs to be paid, my MWs have agreed to let me work out a payment plan after the baby is born. It is all coming together, which is a huge relief after stressing out for the past 7 months! So I guess what I'm trying to say is keep trying, believe that there is a way this will happen, because if you want it bad enough it will come to you.
You are doing fantastic!! GL mama!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnnaG01 View Post
*hugs* I am so sorry that stinks! Could you do it UC with a Doula?
Not happenin' here

Old 06-30-2008, 10:38 PM   #9
McMamma38
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I hear ya! We're in N.C.as well--Charlotte to be exact.
All the hbs in my group of friend's(La Leche League mama friends mostly )have been "underground" w/a mid wife from S.C.

My dh would freak.Well long story--we had a very traumatic birth w/ our first and he was soo freaked out--almost lost the baby and me.So after ds's emergency c-sec,my current Ob recommended a scheduled c sec w/ our dd.
While not a peice of cake--we were overjoyed to have an uneventful(complication wise)birth.
I am soo enamoured and awed by UC and hb's! I read all Inay May Gaskin's books,am addicted to home birth stories and DREAM of it.
Anyway goodluck!
Where are you in N.C.?
It's soo anti midwife and homebirth here.Very managed and mainstream here.
Old 07-01-2008, 07:57 AM   #10
Sarahb44
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by McMamma38 View Post
I hear ya! We're in N.C.as well--Charlotte to be exact.
All the hbs in my group of friend's(La Leche League mama friends mostly )have been "underground" w/a mid wife from S.C.

My dh would freak.Well long story--we had a very traumatic birth w/ our first and he was soo freaked out--almost lost the baby and me.So after ds's emergency c-sec,my current Ob recommended a scheduled c sec w/ our dd.
While not a peice of cake--we were overjoyed to have an uneventful(complication wise)birth.
I am soo enamoured and awed by UC and hb's! I read all Inay May Gaskin's books,am addicted to home birth stories and DREAM of it.
Anyway goodluck!
Where are you in N.C.?
It's soo anti midwife and homebirth here.Very managed and mainstream here.
Really, maybe its Charlotte, b/c I swear there seem to be more options in central and western NC. I am in Eastern NC.
I hope you get pg soooooooo I know its been a long year!