Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2006, 06:43 AM   #1
platup
Registered Users
seller

Anyone starting Weight Watchers soon?

Hi mamas....
The ONLY diet that actually works for me is weight watchers. ugh. I hate counting the points but it DOES work for me. I have the old school slide rule and have started labeling the products in my home with their point value. Today I'm creating my spreadsheet (trying to "hype" myself up)....but the one thing I always need to actually LOSE some weight is to have a buddy. So, I'd love to have a buddy or buddies to start with. I'm not sure which day I will start. I'd rather start on a Monday but with sick baby and sick mommy the past few days I just couldn't get it together to start today :P I'd be willing to start almost any day though for a buddy....even w/someone who's been doing it for a week or two would be great. I assume anyone can post on the weekly weigh-in page??

Thanks!

Advertisement

Old 10-09-2006, 09:25 AM   #2
momtophr
Banned
seller

Re: Anyone starting Weight Watchers soon?

hey mama!! I am already a member of the online program but have not been doing it I would love to start again!! I need to lose the baby weight!! I would love to be your buddy. I would probably not want to start until next week though becaues i need to get more groceries this weekend and stuff. LMK if you wanna make it a go for next monday!!
momtophr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:32 AM   #3
Bluemoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am on week 4 now!!
lost 6.6 lbs so far
Barbara
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:44 AM   #4
jdsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm in... i have all of the books and stuff already, i just need people to be accountable too,, lol, i suck on my own! How much does the online thing cost?
jdsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:45 AM   #5
orteggleston
Registered Users
seller
seller

NAK

I am on week 3...lost 5.2 so far. I lost that week #1 and have stayed the same for the past 2 weeks

I have a really tough time losing weight while breastfeeding. I did WW before getting pregnant with DS#2 (still bf DS#1)...walked 3 miles/day and only lost 7 lbs in 5 months Very discouraging!

Decided to try again...I desperately need to lose some weight since I still have the weight of 2 pregnancies hanging on! I am all for a support thread/buddy system

I am doing the Core program, which I am loving because I honestly do not have time to count points right now

ISO: Luxe Baby Wool
orteggleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:47 AM   #6
orteggleston
Registered Users
seller
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmom View Post
I'm in... i have all of the books and stuff already, i just need people to be accountable too,, lol, i suck on my own! How much does the online thing cost?
Check out their new monthly pass...I think it is the cheapest way to go! You can attend as many meetings as you need to and you get the online tools for free!

Old 10-10-2006, 06:21 AM   #7
platup
Registered Users
seller

Alrighty mamas....let's plan on starting Monday October 16th then (for those of us who haven't started) and we can do a daily or weekly post/whenever we need it. Let's start our thread with something we can easily search for....like maybe WWB? (Weigh****chersBuddies??) That way we know it's meant for "us" and if anyone one else wants to join our quest they are welcome to do so....??? Whatcha think? We can do Monday weigh ins??

Ok, so I have done the online program in the past (a couple of years ago, more like 3-4yrs ago now probably) and I have the old school slide rule for the points. I am not familiar with the two new programs I see on their site, the "core" and "flex points". I think I will start with the old slide rule points program and we'll see how I do. I hate to pay any $$ if I don't have to when I have the tools I need.....just needing the buddies!!

So, get your groceries, grab your sharpie and start labeling....Monday is the day!! (which is probably great for me now that I've managed to get sick! ugh)....
Old 10-10-2006, 07:10 AM   #8
HisFadedStar
Registered Users
seller
seller

Is there a way I can just get the point info and stuff for free? I want to do it but cant afford it right now.
HisFadedStar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 08:52 AM   #9
jdsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I dont know of any free sites for point info... but I can always help with the info. It might be a bit more time consuming though, but im cool with it if you need the help.
jdsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 12:47 PM   #10
orteggleston
Registered Users
seller
seller

I have some of the older point info (point slider & books), as well as older editions of Dining Out and Complete Foods. FFS if anyone needs them!!

I will be doing Friday weigh-ins, but that is ok! Should still work out even if some of us are weighing on different days right?