Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2006, 12:57 PM   #11
marelle4381
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Anyone starting Weight Watchers soon?

I was doing this and losing weight. I was so proud of myself. Then my mother wanted to have a "movie day". She talked me into being bad we ate a greasy breakfast, popcorn and candy at the movies.. After that I was just like "well I ate bad already so might as well be bad today" all it takes is one bad day for me and then it's so hard to get going again. I'm hoping with this thread, I can start over. Monday it is!!! I have the online program.

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2006, 01:07 PM   #12
JakesMom
Registered Users

I was doing WW and then quit when I got pregnant. I've been thinking about starting up again, but haven't checked into the price yet. I did the online points system. The best tool for me was the palm pilot program because no matter where you are, you can search the database to see how many points, or you can pull up your log and see what your points total is for the day/week. I'll check online and maybe I'll be joining you ladies as well!
Old 10-10-2006, 06:26 PM   #13
peverroad
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I would love to join you guys. I can use what i have. I was doing it at one time but pritty much failed when we moved but would love to restart
peverroad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:13 PM   #14
platup
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by orteggleston View Post
I have some of the older point info (point slider & books), as well as older editions of Dining Out and Complete Foods. FFS if anyone needs them!!

I will be doing Friday weigh-ins, but that is ok! Should still work out even if some of us are weighing on different days right?
For sure it can still work! I'll just start the thread on Monday mornings and you can chime in on whatever day you weigh?? Sound good??

I have the old point slider and books. I did it online too. I know there used to be lots of info at Dotti's Weight Loss Zone http://www.dwlz.com/ her site was just starting when I first joined WW. I know there is a free palm pilot program too. I have the program (there is a yahoo group for it) but don't have a palm pilot (I HATED it compared to my pocket PC). I haven't checked eBay but there might be a slide rule and books FS there?? I wonder why you don't get them in the mail when you join online, esp considering when I joined it was EXPENSIVE online.

Ok mamas! Let's motivate each other....I'm getting sooo fired up! Just remember, one day at a time.....if you fall off the wagon, just get back on. I know how it can be when someone "helps" you binge. My DH is a HUGE enabler for that....snack attacks are the death of me! BUT I want to be in great shape for the next pregnancy and I have about ten weeks before we start "trying" so I figured, I'd love to drop 10-20lbs (although I really need to lose more like 40-50) before we get pg.

Mondays I usually get online around 9am, so keep a lookout for the thread. WE CAN DO THIS.....feel free to also vent when you need to! I know I always do!!
Old 10-11-2006, 05:13 PM   #15
tjcjlc99
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i hope to start WW in a few wks, then i will post on the new threads. great idea to have a buddy system. i am just looking for the books cheap on ebay.
Old 10-11-2006, 06:47 PM   #16
suziraye
Registered Users
seller

there are lots of WW sites now that will tell you the points. I wonder if someone could take a slider apart, and scan it. It might be a small pain but it could be worth it. I know there are sites that can tell you the points. if you cant find it let me know and I will look too.
I have done WW in the past and lost weight. I did low carb and lost a TON of weight and then said "look at me, I am skinny, I can eat all I want!!!"
needless to say, I gained all and then some! I am doing low carb again and I am sooooo over it. I was thinkiing of changing to WW. Maybe this is a sign?

So..... who is doing points and who is doing core? I have never done core. Anyone ever done both?
susan
suziraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:41 PM   #17
jdsmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

im just doing points right now, i also started taking release.
jdsmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 07:44 PM   #18
suziraye
Registered Users
seller

How long have you been taking it???
Can you tell a difference, does it make you jittery?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdsmom View Post
im just doing points right now, i also started taking release.
suziraye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 06:14 AM   #19
platup
Registered Users
seller

I've only ever done the points, I haven't tried WW since they introduced the core system. Anyone here have any thoughts on the Core system??

Basically, when it worked for me before, I tried to eat the lower number of points all week (for example, points range is 18-23, I would only eat 18-20), then would "bank" my points for the weekend. That way, on the weekend, I could have a lot more lee-way so we could eat out (pre-kids...lol) or have drinks. It still worked great for me and I even would bank or not use activity points. I doubt I'll be able to be so disciplined this time around but we'll find out!!!
Old 10-12-2006, 06:18 AM   #20
Bluemoon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

went to weigh in last night and lost .8 lb. Not much but I just weighed in on Friday so it was alittle early and a loss is a loss right? So I am down 7.4 lbs total
Barbara
Bluemoon is offline   Reply With Quote