Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2006, 10:19 AM   #1
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
need a website

that gives the pros and cons of vaxing...and side effects...im totally against some vaxes and plan on delaying others but my MIL was a nurse and told dh that dd would DIE if she didnt get them ALL...now i have to convince dh all over again...well, i guess i dont have to no dr is going to vax her if i say no but id like him to agree with me NOT HIS MOM

Advertisement

JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 10:43 AM   #2
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: need a website

Quote:
Originally Posted by shortcake2386 View Post
that gives the pros and cons of vaxing...and side effects...im totally against some vaxes and plan on delaying others but my MIL was a nurse and told dh that dd would DIE if she didnt get them ALL...now i have to convince dh all over again...well, i guess i dont have to no dr is going to vax her if i say no but id like him to agree with me NOT HIS MOM

I don't really have a site on hand but I know that MDC has a lot of good resources in their vax thread.

Also, I just kind of had to giggle at what your MIL said.... next time she says that ask her how the human race made it this far then?? Its not like we've always had vaxes.
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:12 AM   #3
jenn5388
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

How many times is that heard, right? lol when miranda was 2 the doctor told me miranda was going to be dead within a year if she didn't get the shots. (yeah, and it's a miracle i'm still standing today According to him, he was fired. lol)

Sounds like something i'd be battling with my DH about. lol and I'm sure I will Later. *rolls eyes*

I'm not sure of any sites that give you the actual Pros and cons. (I wasn't sure there were pros.. lol) But you might be able to head on over to Mothering.com and thier vax board is always full of people who know how to find all kinds of stuff. if you can't find it any other way.
jenn5388 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:23 AM   #4
shortcake2386
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

i went to mdc nd couldnt find the vax board...
JoAnna,wife to my first love Michael and SAHM to Mackenzie Grace(7 years), Makaela Lynn(5years),^^Meaghan Elise^^ born sleeping July 18, 2009. and Malakai Vincent(3 years) and Mackenna Kate(1year)and one DOG
NEW trainer testers MotherGoose Designs ETSY store "Green co-ops" shoeszoos, diapers,squeeze pops
shortcake2386 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:33 AM   #5
urchin_grey
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

http://www.mothering.com/discussions...splay.php?f=47

Here ya go!
urchin_grey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 11:47 AM   #6
escapethevillage
Registered Users

My Mood:

I don't know if I could do it all over again whether or not I would vax. (I did vax)

I would probably delay the vax though. If my child was a teenager, and hadn't gotten the chicken pox, I would probably vax against that.

I do not see how not vaxing could cause death though. I am sure there are some cases of some wild illness catching your child, but I can't even think of one. (O.K, maybe Polio)

My concern is that I am making a decision for my child that could possibly effect him or her later in life. For instance, one of my Day care moms was from the "hippy era" and her parents chose not to vax her. She was always extremely healthy. she enjoyed an illness free childhood. BUT, then her son got chicken pox, she had never had chicken pox, everybody told her "You must have had them and didn't know it". Well, she got CP, and became horribly sick, and has severe scarring. She also developed a secondary infection that caused menangitis. She was bedridden for two months. After that, she seems to catch everything that crosses her path.

My dd wasn't vaxed against CP, but I purposely exposed her to it. So it was out of the way by the time she was two.

That is just my . I really do not think I would vax again without really looking into it. I wish I had been more educated.
escapethevillage is offline   Reply With Quote