Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-22-2008, 11:38 AM   #1
Willow's_lilmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
leaking FB's...help!

I just can't figure out what the problem is! I have tried a lot of different dipes on my itty bitty girlie and small fuzzibunz are the best fit. Well, I have realized that we have a leaking problem. I didn't really notice it at first because we really don't go out much and at home she just wears a little dress or t-shirt. Every time we go out we have leg leaks! I always change her right before we go and usually after about an hour her shorts are wet. I always put shorts or pants on her when going out so I think we have had this problem for a while, I just didn't notice it because she wasn't wearing anything over the dipe to get wet. She wears the fb's on the tightest waist snap and second thigh, it is pretty snug and still leaky. Any one know what may be my problem? The dipes are absorbing, I tested them. I have tried microfiber and hemp inserts together, no help. Is it time for me to find a new brand?

Advertisement

Old 07-22-2008, 01:46 PM   #2
Willow's_lilmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: leaking FB's...help!

anyone?
Old 07-22-2008, 01:52 PM   #3
montacki
Registered Users
seller

Do they leak through the legs? It happened to me before and I just moved to the tightest snap for the legs, even though my DD has super chunky thighs. The second snap looked snug but I noticed it gets loose when moving around. HTH.
montacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 01:38 PM   #4
Willow's_lilmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Just went to the store today, changed her right before we left. I used hemp wraped in a microfiber towel and I tightened the thighs to the tightest snap. 45 minutes later soaking wet! Arrrrggggg!!! I guess we will have to go out in sposies till I can solve this problem. I hope I can fix it before it gets cold and she is wearing pants all the time!
Old 07-23-2008, 02:08 PM   #5
montacki
Registered Users
seller

Oh, that's sucks, I'm sorry I don't have any other suggestions... my FB work fine with clothes on top and just the regular mf insert that comes w/it. Maybe somebody else has suggestions?

Were the inserts totally soaked? or did it just wick to the outside? Through the legs or the top/back?
Since you've tried different inserts w/no avail, the only thing that I can think of is that the diaper is too big or that the fleece inner is repelling because of build-up? Sorry
montacki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:05 PM   #6
MamatoGreta
Registered Users
seller

This was the reason I sold all of mine. I have a teeny tiny skinny minny, and even on the tightest setting, they would gap after moving around. Every time she sat anywhere with pants on she would get wet. The inserts would only be wet in the center. I think fuzzi bunz just suck on skinny babies.
MamatoGreta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 03:10 PM   #7
chloecat
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

are your inserts soaked???

if they are -- then you have a heavy wetter and need a better absorbing diaper.

if they are not-- then you have a build up issue on your fleece and need to do a search on how to strip them!!

good luck
Old 07-23-2008, 03:21 PM   #8
jason&jilliansmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have been having a heck of a time with some of my fbs too. I've tried all different kinds of inserts, stripping, waterproofing sray, all to no avail. I don't know what else to try. I've got a very select few that I can put her in to go out, and I save those for the diaepr bag. At home I just put her in a diaper and shirt/dress (like you do) or else deal with the extra laundry. It's frustrating, I know.
Old 07-23-2008, 03:26 PM   #9
tranquilseeker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I agree with the pp that said your fleece needs to be stripped. This is what happened to our fb's back in the day when we used them and I couldn't for the life of me figure out why they were leaking.
If that doesn't work a quick spray of waterproofing on the inside of the PUL (protect the fleece) should work too.
tranquilseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 06:11 PM   #10
Willow's_lilmama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I squirted some water on one to see if it was absorbing and it is so I don't think that's the prob. I think my problem is the same as MamatoGreta, I'll have to try another dipe. I have had the same problem with my very baby too. Anyone have suggestions for pockets or aio for skinny babes?