Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-23-2008, 05:04 PM   #1
wyoming butterfly
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
cloth wipes

How diffrent are cloth wipes from baby washcloths? Couldn't you just get baby washcloths and use those?

Advertisement

Old 07-23-2008, 05:10 PM   #2
Chrisallen
Registered Users

Re: cloth wipes

I made some of my own wipes with flannel and terrycloth, and when I run out I use baby washcloths. The main difference to me is the washcloths are a lot smaller, but if you have them on hand and wish to use them, YES you can do it!

I think it comes down to how involved you are getting with your CDing, I'm just getting started and the $$ investment is kinda shocking to me, so I am trying to be frugal - and bought a yard of flannel for 2.99 and a yard of terry for 5.99 and got 16 HUGE wipes for $9, vs. about $1 each for a WAHM version, and baby washcloths are still not THAT cheap (unless you are reusing ones you already own) as they were a 6pk for $3.99 or something at Target... but my homemade ones ROCK the washcloths.

I'm babbling, sorry!
Old 07-23-2008, 05:13 PM   #3
shannona626
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Yup, there are a lot of ladies on here that do just that. I have baby washcloths as well as actual cloth wipes (well, they're on their way) to use. The baby washcloths were cheap. I got them from the $1 store (4 pack)...and they're just as nice as the gerber ones that i was given at my baby shower.

Last edited by shannona626; 07-23-2008 at 05:15 PM.
shannona626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:23 PM   #4
orteggleston
Registered Users
seller
seller

As far as function goes, I would say they are the same.

Just depends on what you are looking for and what is in your budget.

ISO: Luxe Baby Wool
orteggleston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2008, 05:34 PM   #5
mom2piddle
Registered Users
seller

you could use baby washcloths or you could use regular washcloths if you need bigger sizes....they sell a large pack of 100% terry washcloths at walmart for a few $....cloth wipes can/are made out of different materials though...velour, minky, bamboo, sherpa, fleece, etc.....
Old 07-23-2008, 05:37 PM   #6
jmred
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have some baby washcloths and I have used them before. I think they are just fine to use as cloth wipes. I just don't like how thin they are- I like my wipes thicker.
Old 07-23-2008, 05:42 PM   #7
BA Cloth Diapering
Registered Users
Formerly: jones_AndreaL

absolutely you can! i love my baby wash cloths as diaper wipes--they are a great size and have the right amount of nap on the scrubby side and they're nice and soft on the other side. I have some of them and some flannel wipes i made and i prefer the baby wash cloths
Old 07-23-2008, 05:54 PM   #8
Mytwoboys08
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by jones_AndreaL View Post
absolutely you can! i love my baby wash cloths as diaper wipes--they are a great size and have the right amount of nap on the scrubby side and they're nice and soft on the other side. I have some of them and some flannel wipes i made and i prefer the baby wash cloths
same here! word for word!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:03 PM   #9
Sweetforestcat
Registered Users
seller

Quote:
Originally Posted by mom2piddle View Post
you could use baby washcloths or you could use regular washcloths if you need bigger sizes....they sell a large pack of 100% terry washcloths at walmart for a few $....cloth wipes can/are made out of different materials though...velour, minky, bamboo, sherpa, fleece, etc.....

same here! I make my own wipes and it is so worth it!
Old 07-23-2008, 06:05 PM   #10
ouchienurse
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

We love our wipes. They are bigger and thicker than the wash cloths. Lots of the WAHM's make them. We love Eli's Wpie-E's. katedanzer is her DS name or search for Eli's wipes on the WAHM thread. Inexpensive and impeccably made.