Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-09-2006, 09:12 PM   #1
Mommy2Austin
Registered Users

My Mood:
Am I crazy?

I'm trying to get the most suggestions I can on this....

My DS is 5 mo. I stopped trying to BF him 2 months ago. I still feel guilty for it. Would it be weird or wrong of me to try to do it again? I know it would be hard (although I am producing a little still) Any input would be a big help. I still haven't talked to DH about it (I know its ultimately my decision, but we're a team)

Advertisement

Mommy2Austin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2006, 09:17 PM   #2
loni1090
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: Am I crazy?

No, I do not think you are crazy. My friend was a le leche team leader and she said that women have done that before.
Plus how do you think momma's who adopt breastfeed their babies??
Good luck if you chose to try!
Old 10-10-2006, 12:21 AM   #3
moonphishers
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

yay! do it! you can!!!!
heres some links to the LLL webforums to see what other gals have gone thorugh.. but yes you can do it! I say go for it!!!

LLL webforums

ha! I just wen to the forums to get the relactating link for ya and I see you're already "there!"

now - go for it!
Old 10-10-2006, 07:41 AM   #4
Mommy2Austin
Registered Users

My Mood:

Talked to DH last night and he's gonna help me He didn't even know you could relactate (although to cover his lack of knowledge he add if he had thought about it long enough he would have realized ) he said whatever I need to get me to where I want to be he'll get me.

DS woke up at 7am this morning (Has been sleeping through the night) and I got him set up in the chair with me. I pulled my shirt up and laid him next to my breast all snuggled up and gave him the bottle. Half way through I put him on that breast for a minute until he got fussy and then burped him and turned him to the otherside which I repeated He's now happily playing on the floor attacking his bag of baby wipes (he loves the sound the bag makes) Today is the first time in a long loooooong time that I even held him when he was eating. I've really missed that bonding feeling....it was awesome. he also didn't throw up for the first time after eating!

So I had a great morning to start and as long as I have DH to stand beside me I'll be just fine!
Old 10-10-2006, 07:49 AM   #5
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

good for you!! please, keep up updated.

and i think its great that your dh is so supportive. many women have to be their own cheerleader. tell him we at ds think he's awesome for being so supportive of breasrfeeding!
titania is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 09:24 AM   #6
EmnJJsMom
Registered Users
seller

THAT'S AWESOME! Get in contact with an LC and LLL asap! They will help you out in so many ways! Also, everything I've read says it'll take you as long to "relactate" as you've been weaned...so you said you stopped bf 2 months ago so it'll take about 2 months to get your supply back up and it still might not be 100%. Good luck and do keep us updated!
EmnJJsMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:27 AM   #7
Mommy2Austin
Registered Users

My Mood:

I think I'm going to invest in an SNS and a pump. That way I'll (try to) completely eliminate the bottles (with the sns) and just feed the formula through the SNS until i can pump enough to go in. What do you ladies think? Also should I try Fenugreek and Blessed thistle at the same time? TIA
Old 10-10-2006, 12:28 PM   #8
sprout18
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Sorry I'm no help as to what you should do but I do want to congradulate you on doing this. Your doing a great thing for your baby!
Old 10-10-2006, 12:29 PM   #9
Mommy2Austin
Registered Users

My Mood:

Just a little update, I've been nursing at each feeding (or at least attempting) and keeping skin 2 skin contact. I'm also letting him nap on me in his wrap write now. Just today I've noticed a few differences in him. He's not as cranky, he has not spit up once today. Just wanted to let ya'll know!!
Old 10-10-2006, 12:43 PM   #10
orteggleston
Registered Users
seller
seller

Awesome momma! Keep it up!

ISO: Luxe Baby Wool
orteggleston is offline   Reply With Quote