Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2008, 11:24 AM   #1
Wishing4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
He pooped on the floor!

We are PTing and peeing is going great. We had one accident today (my fault) and none yesterday. However, he won't poop on the potty. He's pooped in his underwear every day. Last night it was 5 min before we were going to take him in to try. He went down to his room and when DH went to follow him a minute or two later, sure enough, poop in the undies. Today, we sat right after lunch for 30 min and looked at books the whole time. Then he wanted some new books. The book case is probably 6 ft from the bathroom door. So, I'm sitting in the bathroom nursing the baby while he runs around the corner to get a book. He comes back in and when he turns around I noticed poop on his foot. Sure enough he had pooped right in front of the bookcase.

Any tips on getting him to poop in the potty? We promised him a trip to "the donut place" (Krispy Kreme) which is extra special because we only go about once every 3 months. We also give lots of praise and encouragement. My oldest DS had no trouble and seemed to know and would make worried noises and head toward the bathroom in this funny little walk like it was coming out right now.

I know moms (and dad's) have children that didn't want to poop on the potty and surely something will work.

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2008, 08:51 AM   #2
titania
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: He pooped on the floor!

jonas won't poop in the pot either. at this point i am just letting it go. he goes in his underpants and i have decided not to stress about it, he won't be doing it when he's 16! at least i hope not. it really bothers him if he goes in the potty, the couple of times he has, he cried about it. very sad. one time he was naked and started crying about needing a change, which meant he wanted a diaper to poop in. so i gave him one. im just happy he's peeing in the pot, and micah is doing both, so im pretty much over the moon at the progress here! i AM open to suggestions too though, maybe someone who has been there will offer something!
Old 08-09-2008, 07:46 PM   #3
BlushingEwe
Registered Users
Formerly: blueblueMummy
seller

My Mood:

I think they just have to mature enough to want to do it. My ds who is now 6yrs was not fully trained until age 4yrs! He just did not want to poop in the potty. But we left him alone and one day he did on his own and never had another accident. I just takes time and patience. with my dd who is not 3yrs bribes work well but not perfectly, if left too long she will still have an accident. I believe they have to want to do it themselves. In the end they have to be able to be responsible for themselves. I know it is frustrating, but hang in there.
Old 08-17-2008, 05:45 PM   #4
Wishing4
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I had almost forgot about this thread. So after about a week and a half of pooping in his underwear (and only once on the toilet), one morning he got up, went in and peed and pooped. He did it again the next day too. We've only had one poop-in-the-underwear accident since then. And that time, I caught him just as he was taking his underwear in to the bathroom to dump the poop in the toilet. Guess he just had to do it on his own time. I'm glad it didn't take too long. He now goes when he needs to and even gets up in the night and goes all by himself.
Old 10-10-2008, 08:05 PM   #5
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I did a search for a forum about troubles with pooping in the potty. My son will poop in the potty but I have to catch him when it is time and sit him there. Let me rewind and tell you that he is completely pee potty L/T for a little over a month and we know when it is time for him to go because we endure what has been known as the poopy dance. He is not afraid of pooping on the potty and agrees that it doesn't hurt. In fact, he is pretty regular and goes every day, 2 at the most. Oh but the poopy dance, tip toeing, crying, running frantically around the house saying, "I can't". We put the under wear on and off over and over. He just doesn't want to poop in general. We even offered to give him his diaper to poop in but he doesn't want that. I used to have to spend the whole morning with off and on poopy dance, especially hard with my BF 4 mo. The poopy dance time has shortened but today we got back from errands and he went a tiny bit in the potty but wasn't done. I was putting away groceries and my DH had our baby. Before I knew it he pooped on the floor. It has happened two other times. Please note, we take his underwear off for him to use the potty. I know I should probably just be patient and in time, it will come. I just don't feel there is a light at the end of the tunnel. Please mamas I am open for suggestions. Wishing4, I am so envious.
luvmykeikis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:47 PM   #6
mum22
Registered Users

My Mood:

How about the book, Everybody Poops? Just a thought. It sounds like desperate times.
mum22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2008, 08:58 PM   #7
luvmykeikis
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have it and he makes sure that we NEVER read it again. In fact, if it comes out of the shelf a little he demands it be tucked in. He says the elephant scares him but I don't really think it does because he has many books with elephants in it. Thanks for the suggestion.
luvmykeikis is offline   Reply With Quote