Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-25-2008, 12:03 PM   #1
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
yarn can get you in trouble

Ok, so I've recently decided I like wool - which is odd because I was totally anti wool before. I find crocheting very relaxing so am going to make dd some longies for fall winter. So I go and click through knitpicks.com - hubby okayed me to buy up to $50 of yarn to get free shipping. Before I know it I have enough yarn in my cart to make 6 pairs of longies - and I don't plan on using wool full time. So either dd is going to have a TON of longies this fall/winter (I plan on making her some fleece ones too) or I need to decide which yarn I can live without and just pay the shipping expenses.

Advertisement

Rhianna'sMommy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:12 PM   #2
MrsStripe
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: yarn can get you in trouble

Who says they all have to be longies. It will be summer again next year so she might need some shorties too. I can justify keeping any kind of yarn around. Who knows what projects you'll need to make. You know nice warm hats for the family would be good this winter too.
MrsStripe is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 01:48 PM   #3
Phiasmom0
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

you can use it to trade for stuff on here too. I personally would get summer colors too.

Kate a CDing addict ,wife to
Tony , & mom to Phia IHV list ISO - ISO Get $10 for signing up at Hits4Pay, $5 when you sign up for Ebates also tryMr.Rebates Be careful of your thoughts, they may become words at any moment.

Phiasmom0 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 03:18 PM   #4
GodStillTalks
Registered Users
seller

$50 of yarn is nothing, girl- you WILL find something to do with it. Get a rainbow of knitpicks and be happy. It isn't everyday you get a a hubby-sanctioned, guilt-free shopping spree!
Old 07-25-2008, 05:39 PM   #5
ELC Knits
Registered Users
Formerly: tina_clewis
seller

My Mood:

$50...my husband would be so happy for $50, if he knew what wool really cost his head would spin! He and I are on a polite "dont ask, dont tell" policy when it comes to yarn purchases.
Braeden joined us 1/11/2012!!
ELC Knits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2008, 08:53 PM   #6
Rhianna'sMommy
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

He is pretty good about money as long as we know enough in advance to budget it. It is more funny that I just wanted to get some yarn for a couple pairs of longies. Then I wanted some neutral yarn that matched everything. Then a couple fun colors. Then I wanted to try a couple different weights of yarn. And before I knew it - 6 longies worth of yarn. I'll probably buy it all but may not make all the longies this fall. I may save some for end of the year/early next year after dd has most likely grown more and needs longer pants.
Rhianna'sMommy is online now   Reply With Quote