Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 05-27-2011, 06:58 PM   #111
KyShortcake
Registered Users

Re: KY mommas

Hi, my name is Mary. I'm new to DS and very interested in Cd'ing. Still working on convincing my hubby.
I live in Jeffersonville, In BUT still consider myself a Ky girl. I can see Louisville by driving 2 blocks from my house and everytime I'm driving south in my town.
I was born in raised in Jessamine Co (Nicholasville) and moved here in Dec 2005 for my husband's job. I have 3 boys - 9, 5,and 14wks. We drove across the river so that our last 2 sons would be born in Ky like the rest of us (couldn't stand the thought of them not, thankfully on a 15min drive to the hospital).

@Dagmomma- I can't really answer the rest of your questions except for the ob one. I've used 2 practices in Louisville. Both are located in the Norton's Women Pavilion which is attached to the Norton Suburban Hospital. Total Woman and AOG (Associates of Obstetrics and Gynecology. I liked the doctors in both, although I think Total Woman was nicer and posher. Its all female docs and they do everything there, including maternity massages and skin treatments. Had to switch due to insurance changes. AOG took really good care of me as well and had a super friendly staff who remembered me each time. I really enjoyed my birthing experiences at Norton Suburban Hospital. Everyone, including housekeeping and dietary are friendly and helpful. They are focusing on keeping baby with the mom at all times, as much as possible, unless there is a medical problem or mom requests the baby go back to the nursery. Added bonus, the food is really good...lol.
Sorry lots of info but I couldn't PM because this is my first time on here and I don't have 5 posts yet. Feel free to PM me if you have any questions or want more info on the docs and hospital.
Just started looking for cd stores so I don't have much info. There is a store called Hip Mama I think that sells them. They have a website. My local Meijers has some too (covers and soakers), don't remember the name of the brand though. I was surprised to see them.
Always lots of activities going on in and around Louisville!

Advertisement

KyShortcake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2011, 10:02 PM   #112
STEMmom
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnMoon09
Southern KY here!!! In between Lexington and Somerset! I would love to be in the know about people & places in KY that sell cloth, make cloth or any organization that can help me get started. I'm new to CD'ing!!
I live in Lexington and am somewhat new to cloth diapering. I'm diapering our first...she is 4 weeks old and we've been cd'ing since we got home from the hospital. There is a cloth diaper store in Lexington called Mother Nurture. They are on Facebook and have a website. It is a great store especially for advice! I wish they had more of a cloth selection but that's ok!! There is also Baby Moon. Anne is in charge there and does yoga, oilseed, playgroups, birthing classes, breastfeeding classes, etc. It is phenomenal! All classes are pre or post with the post classes open to you new little ones. Both of these places are off of Richmond Rd just south of the Lowes. I highly recommend both!

There is supposedly another good cd store. Maybe in Lawrenceburg? I found it through the Grovia site.
STEMmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2011, 11:03 PM   #113
Brneyedgrl
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by STEMmom

I live in Lexington and am somewhat new to cloth diapering. I'm diapering our first...she is 4 weeks old and we've been cd'ing since we got home from the hospital. There is a cloth diaper store in Lexington called Mother Nurture. They are on Facebook and have a website. It is a great store especially for advice! I wish they had more of a cloth selection but that's ok!! There is also Baby Moon. Anne is in charge there and does yoga, oilseed, playgroups, birthing classes, breastfeeding classes, etc. It is phenomenal! All classes are pre or post with the post classes open to you new little ones. Both of these places are off of Richmond Rd just south of the Lowes. I highly recommend both!

There is supposedly another good cd store. Maybe in Lawrenceburg? I found it through the Grovia site.
If you ever make it to Elizabethtown, there is an awesome store called Supermommy's. They have a FB and webiste too. Tons of great deals on cd'ing essentials and lots of diapers in stock. She will special order for you, too. The owner is a doula and very friendly and helpful. I love going there! Happy CD shopping!
Brneyedgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2011, 05:53 PM   #114
jcprincess.mcm
Registered Users

My Mood:

I'm in Southern Indiana (Jeffersonville), but that's considered Louisville since most everyone who works, drives across the bridge.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dagmomma View Post
Hey Louisville mommas tell me about your city.

May move there not sure yet but what is the best area to live. Best schools, parks, close to shopping esp whole foods? Any cd stores? Places that are close to colleges?

If we do end up moving there I will need your opinions on Peds and obs too. I am due in Aug and have 2 los already.

TIA
Try to stay east end (Crescent Hill, Highlands St. Matthews, Westport, Springhurst), possibly even Oldham County. CD store: Mama's Hip on Bardstown Rd in the Highlands. Closest to shopping and Whole Foods would be St. Matthews (2 malls, Whole Foods, and soon a Trader Joes). I've lived in Indiana with my ds and ds#2 on the way so I don't know about Peds - I've heard good things at East Louisville Pediatrics who have offices in St. Matthews and Oldham County. As for OB's, my insurance covers the midwives at Woman Care LLC in Jeffersonville. They only deliver at Clark Memorial, but I've had a wonderful experience with both the current midwives (remembered my first birth from 3 years ago) and with Clark Memorial (I love the labor tubs and wireless monitoring!). I hope this helps and is a little more concise. I lived in St. Matthews for 3 years before moving to Indiana.
jcprincess.mcm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2011, 05:30 PM   #115
NappyChappy
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:

Northern Kentucky here!

http://www.diaperswappers.com/forum/....php?t=1454524
NappyChappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2011, 09:04 PM   #116
BKmomma
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Quote:
Originally Posted by AutumnMoon09
Southern KY here!!! In between Lexington and Somerset! I would love to be in the know about people & places in KY that sell cloth, make cloth or any organization that can help me get started. I'm new to CD'ing!!
I live in Lexington and have found Fuzzibunz at Once Upon a Child and Bumgenius at Kid to Kid in hamburg. I use both now but would've like to see/ try both before I invested!! GL!
Old 07-11-2011, 07:19 AM   #117
DonniesMom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I am in Nicholasville Ky and I have a website where I sell cloth and other baby mama items. If you don't see what you want feel free to msg me and ask, I might be able to get it! I love serving the local bluegrass area!
Old 07-11-2011, 09:01 PM   #118
doodle19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

london, ky
Old 07-23-2011, 12:09 PM   #119
dancinmom
Registered Users
seller

Hi mamas, I am in Louisville, KY. Getting ready to move to Southern IN but still consider myself a KY girl.
dancinmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2011, 10:29 AM   #120
doodle19
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

anybody going to The Big Latch on August 6th at Mother Nurture?