Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 07-26-2008, 09:55 PM   #1
mrickmon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Smile G & E Blanket Shop - Open for orders! PM or post here to be put on custom list!

G & E Blanket Shop

I am taking names for custom orders so if you would like to be on my customs list please feel free to post or pm me and I will put down names in the order I receive them!

Customs list:

A RAVE for G & E!!
Another RAVE for G & E!!
New RAVE for G & E!!

I am a SAHM to two LOs and I have really enjoyed making blankets for my children. I have now decided to share what I am making with you DS moms! You should know that I'm a perfectionist so I strive to have things just right!

My prices are affordable and will vary with different types of material. Shipping will vary depending on weight, but most should be able to go First Class unless several blankets are purchased. All shipping quotes are to US addresses only. I will ship to Canada - just PM me for a ship quote! If ordering more than 1 blanket please check for a shipping quote.

Sizes:
Sizing is about 25" x 27" on thermal blankets, but may vary as some thermals shrink differently than others. Toddler sizing for these is about 28" x 51" but, again, may vary as some thermals shrink differently than others.
Sizing is about 27" x 31" on knit blankets, but may vary as some knits shrink differently than others. Toddler sizing for these is about 31" x 55" and also may vary as some knits shrink differently than others.
I use 1/2 yard folded lengthwise for a reg. size blanket and 1 full yard for toddler size, so the sizing differences are only because of how each fabric shrinks when prewashed - I use the same method of cutting for each fabric.
Adult throw size: This size will typically be about 56" x 66".

Pricing:
Knit or thermal/minky is $19 + $3.75 shipping
Knit or thermal/OBV will be $20 + $3.75 shipping
All lovie combos are $10 + $2 shipping (add .50 each for limited print and/or OBV)
Toddler size blankets are twice the price of reg. size blankets in the combination you choose. For example, a non-limited knit/minky is $38 + $6.75 shipping unless you're on the west coast and then shipping is $8.35 to that zone from here.
**For limited knits please add $1 more for reg. blanket size and $2 for large blanket size!**
Adult throws vary with the material chosen but a ballpark price is $75 + shipping.

I am now offering a lovie size that will be about 12" x 13" with thermal or approximately 13" x 15" with a knit. They are $10 each (add .50 each for limited print and/or OBV) and shipping is $1.50.

Blanket washing instructions:
Machine wash cold, dry on low heat
Fabrics are pre-washed in Tide Free

If you want a custom order fabric we'll find the fabric you want, just PM me for a price quote! I can order whatever fabric you'd like and would suggest checking out www.thefabricfairy.com, www.naturesfabrics.com, or http://www.shopkumquat.com/bin/category.asp?category=21 for starters if you don't see anything you like in my in-stock fabrics. Or if there's a particular print you're looking for let me know and I will certainly do my best to find it!

**If I run out of a blanket combo you'd like I can possibly get more of that fabric - those pictured are most of what I have "in stock" here at home! If you see a description under the picture of a print, then I have that or can likely get it. If there is no description I can no longer order that print and am out of stock.**

Below are pictures of several blankets and all fabric choices are pictured.

Please PM me with interest in purchasing and feel free to leave comments about what you think!!

Several prints have special pricing as they are harder to find/more expensive prints. Kumquat prints are $21.50 + shipping for regular size and $43 + shipping for toddler size.

Below are available fabrics:
Limited prints have a * beside them as they are $1 more for regular size and $2 more for toddler size.
Prints marked with a ** are $1.50 more for regular size and $3 more for toddler size.

Circus animal knit
Fairy** (can maybe order more)
Robots** (can maybe order more)
Dogs with words* (one reg. cut left!)
Pink giraffe** (one reg. size cut left - can order more)
Kumquat Tools* (one reg. size cut left)

Jungle print*
Turquoise and brown polka dot thermal
Pink hippos (only lovie cuts left)
Retro tulips (one reg. size cut left)
Alien (2 reg. cuts left)

Anchors thermal
Pink apples on black
Snowboarders on blue (one reg. size cut left)*
Blue thermal
Blue puppies* (Lovie cut in stock, can order more)

Heart Headphones*
Trains on blue*
Kumquat pink dogs
Kumquat blue dogs
Mad Sky skulls**
Black skulls on white*
Blue Leopard print*

Blastoff
Camping outdoors
Pink Gators thermal
Blue Gators thermal

Mad Skillz (only lovie cuts left!)
Peace and Love**
Kumquat Choo choos (can order more)
Kumquat Butterfly Stripe

Robots** ($21 regular size; $42 toddler)

Dojo* one reg. size cut left

Rainbow stripe

Black Rainbow Stripe*special pricing* ($21 regular size; $42 toddler)

Cloudy Day* (only enough for lovies!)

Sweets*

These are a few minky fabrics I have had in stock or can order.
Colors I can get locally in dot minky are chocolate brown, black, white, yellow, mint green, light blue and light pink. I can order any color you like, however, it just may add a few dollars to the base price of the blanket.

**I also have grass green dot minky available/in stock here at home.** To see examples of these colors check out my completed blanket pictures.

Below are blankets I have completed for some mommas on here - shown finished and ready to be shipped!

Thermal/brown velour

Cheetah minky/OBV

All items come from a smoke-free and dog friendly home!

I accept Paypal! All sales are final as all of my work is custom work. The only exception is a flaw in workmanship, which should be brought to my attention immediately upon receiving your blanket(s).
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	blanket.jpg
Views:	235
Size:	4.9 KB
ID:	22217  

Advertisement

Last edited by mrickmon; 02-08-2011 at 07:28 AM. Reason: adding sale info
mrickmon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:21 PM   #2
duck411
Registered Users
seller
seller

My Mood:
Re: Adorable print blankets with super soft minkee or BV *Intro pricing*

I LOVE THE FARM AND PINK DOTTED THERMAL!!!!
Celia -Wife to Garrett. WAHM to Reese (5) & Brooke (3). EDD for #3 11-17-2013.
duck411 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:26 PM   #3
mrickmon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: *NEW* G & E Blanket Shop-cute print blankets w/ squishy minkee or BV *Intro prici

thanks momma! I have both of those in stock, completed, and ready to go!
Old 07-26-2008, 10:32 PM   #4
mommyof2wildboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: *NEW* G & E Blanket Shop-cute print blankets w/ squishy minkee or BV *Intro prici

Very cute!

What other boy thermals do you have that would go with the OBV?
mommyof2wildboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2008, 10:39 PM   #5
mrickmon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

These are all I have right now....I have bought some boyish/GN stripe knit, which should get to me by midweek next week. But tomorrow I'm going to the local fabric store to shop a little They have several boyish thermals there I can pick from, so I'll pick some up tomorrow and post pics of those options ASAP. The OBV should also get to me by mid-week, if not earlier, as I just purchased it from another WAHM here on DS and she is shipping it to me Monday.
Old 07-26-2008, 10:54 PM   #6
mommyof2wildboys
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'll keep an eye out for them!
mommyof2wildboys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:33 AM   #7
AshKat
Registered Users

My Mood:

You say these are good for all year round - will they keep a baby warm in the winter though?

V. interested in the pink dots/minkee combo. LMK!
AshKat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 09:37 AM   #8
FairyBeautifulMama
Registered Users
Formerly: j***imm
seller

My Mood:

I love these I might have to come back after I get paid!
Old 07-27-2008, 10:00 AM   #9
mrickmon
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

As far as the blankies being warm in the winter I think they would be, just because of the minkee and thermal. The thermal is light enough so that it's not overwhelming in the summertime too though. I don't know if you were meaning swaddling with it or just using it like a regular blanket, but as a mom I would use it for both and all year round. I'm here in VA where we have all four seasons - it doesn't get unbearably hot in the summer really, nor does it get below zero or anything in the winter. It's not going to be as thick as a comforter, but I would think it would keep baby warm.
Old 07-27-2008, 10:40 AM   #10
AshKat
Registered Users

My Mood:

Thank you for that!

I have PMd you!
AshKat is offline   Reply With Quote