Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-10-2006, 07:11 PM   #21
Hayley
Registered Users
seller

Re: Would you accept "concealed cash?"

Well if the person who is selling has great feedback and the buyer knows that they can say send me the stuff because I sent you the money (which they might not have sent) and will or could threaten your feedback. This is only a guess but the sad thing is I don't trust ppl who don't wanna go along with the buyer standards and pay through paypal. I know not everyone has a paypal account but they could always go to the PO get a postal money order and get a DC# and let the seller know all the info incase the mail actually does get lost. It's sad but it is true some times people wanna get something for nothing!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisFadedStar View Post
I never thought of that. I would probably still accept it at their own risk. Who would do that just to leave you a neg feedback? I mean, unless someone has a vandetta against you, I dont see why someone would go through so much trouble just to leave you neg.

Advertisement

Old 10-10-2006, 07:11 PM   #22
MamaMegan
Banned
seller

My gut says stay far away.

I'd never even thought about someone sending an empty envelope! On my eBay auctions (this was on a board though, not eBay) I say I accept PP or Postal Service MOs with DC. Hmmm.
MamaMegan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:19 PM   #23
Samantha
Goodness gracious he's hot!
seller

My Mood:

It doesnt have anything to do with a vandetta against the person. It has to do with people who want something for nothing and they can target honest people (with great feedback) because they know that people wouldnt want to tarnish their reputation so they are more likely to "bend over and take it up the rear".

Its just not a risk I am willing to take
Samantha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:22 PM   #24
momtotwinboyz
Registered Users
seller

I agree to go with your gut. It's up to you, but....

personally I have accepted cash (1 time in over 1100 ebay transactions) and I didn't get bit but like other ppl said you just never know. In my case the buyer had tons of feedback.

I think if they can go to the post office and get DC or insurance, ect, then they can get a postal money order.

I would take only what payments can be tracked and maybe charge her for mandatory insurance on her items since she has no feedback. There's many sellers that require it. If she wants it that bad she'll pay the $1.35 or so.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:32 PM   #25
jrk
Registered
seller

My Mood:

I may be suspicious, but I don't trust anything other than pp. I just bought some dipes from a momma without a pp account, so I sent her a money order, and then spent nearly 1/3 of the price of the dipes to send it priority w/dc, so she can't say she didn't get it. I just don't trust people with no fb, and no pp account. It's not that hard to get a pp account, I don't get why people don't have them!
jrk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 07:45 PM   #26
Fuzzi Fannies Creations
Temptress of Fuzzi Fannies Diapers
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Munkey Ciao View Post
I have done it before, but when I do, I am VERY clear... BUYER BEWARE. If the money does not arrive, I don't ship. I am honest and can be trusted, but I still I figure they are taking a risk, not me. If their money doesn't arrive, it's not my fault, and I'm clear on this.
Exactly what I do!
Old 10-10-2006, 09:02 PM   #27
togg_mama
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

No way, no how and it has nothing to do with feedback.

Paypal or forget it. End of discussion.
togg_mama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2006, 10:55 PM   #28
Munkey Ciao
Registered Users

My Mood:

See, I don't get the whole fear of negative feedback thing... Sure, I want 100% positive feedback, but if i dont get the cash, i'm NOT shipping. I don't care if they leave me negative feedback. As a buyer, I read the negative feedback, and I evaluate what it means. Granted, here there is no way to respond to a feedback that says, "I paid and never got my item" so I do see that risk, but I wouldn't let someone extort stuff from me for feedback.

I guess as I think about it, it's best NOT to take the cash, for ALL involved. It is very easy to buy a money order. I can't say I'll never do it again though...
Old 10-10-2006, 10:55 PM   #29
*~Mindy~*
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

ive sent cash before, a long time ago...

anyway, you cant get a dc on a regular envelope, i learned that because i tried to ship school tests (i did homeschool aftert i quit) and it wasnt allowed unless you ship priority, you cant just do it for a regular envelope.

i dont know what id do in this situation, it does sound kinda fishy, but id go with your gut on it

to a pp-and haveing a pp account has nothing to do with having money IN it...just something to think about :thumb:
*~Mindy~* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:25 AM   #30
kimb96
Registered Users
seller

I only accept paypal because my account is not hooked to my checking account. So the only spending money I get is from what I sell. I don't see what the big deal is about concealed cash though. It seems that it would be a much greater risk for the buyer than the seller. If the seller never recieves the money, then don't ship.

Mama to Ethan
kimb96 is offline   Reply With Quote