Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 10-11-2006, 11:38 AM   #41
Mommy2Cadence
Registered Users
seller
seller

Re: Would you accept "concealed cash?"

I didnt read quite all of that but, I would put a warning to the buyer that it is not your fault if money gets lost. However I wouldnt do it with no feedback.

Advertisement

Old 10-11-2006, 01:58 PM   #42
Kimmomy2dom
Mmmm Saucers eating chocolate
seller

Location: I'm halfway across the country, but weirdos have a way of teleporting!
My Mood:

I wouldn't do it, Megan. Especially if someone with paypal WOULD want to buy it.
Kimmomy2dom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 02:13 PM   #43
vick
You know me; not much with the damseling.
seller

I wouldn't do it. It's not that hard to get a MO - yeah it'll cost them a little change, but that's the price of doing business without a PP account.
Old 10-11-2006, 02:41 PM   #44
singlemomto3
Registered Users
seller

Some people don't ever leave the house.
singlemomto3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 03:28 PM   #45
CarrieMF
Registered Users

My Mood:

Their response seems off and that would make me not want to do it.

I do accept cash, it is at the buyers risk not mine. Anything through the mail is a risk. Cheques can be cancelled, money orders can be cancelled, both can be sent with nothing in the envelope and the buyer claiming they sent it just the same as a seller claiming they sent product but nothing is in there.

Not everyone uses paypal because alot of people don't trust it because it's through the net or because it's electronic. There are still people who won't use cheques because they don't trust that someone won't take off with their account number.
Old 10-11-2006, 04:18 PM   #46
tararaboomdeea
Banned
sitesupporter

No. I wouldn't. Because you could not send the dipes until the money arrived, but then you'd have to go and make sure the money was legit, unless you HAPPEN to have a money pen at your house. What a hassle. If they have cash, they can go get a money order and you won't have any problems with that. They can get a MO ANYWHERE, 7-11 has them for cheap!

I'd pass on cash. Just me.
tararaboomdeea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 04:47 PM   #47
kgsd
Registered Users
seller

Yes, I would take it. But I would make it very clear that the buyer is taking the risk - if the cash doesn't show up, it's not your responsibility. Honestly, I don't know why a buyer would want to take that risk, though.
kgsd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2006, 05:17 PM   #48
SandyG
Moderator at heart, but no longer moderator
The best way I know of to win an argument is to start by being in the right
seller

fir this person, no
if it whas someone i knew, yes
SandyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2006, 08:47 AM   #49
Knittress
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by HisFadedStar View Post
Why would they do that just to leave you neg feeback? And they should insure it or get DC or something, same with a MO. I dont understand why concealed cash shouldnt be accepted?
Because they could say that they sent you the money. Never send it. And then you're screwed. You cannot insure cash or checks (I asked once because I was sending a package that had some cash... I could only insure the physical goods). According to the PO kiosk, delivery confirmation is not allowed on packages with edges less than .75 inches. Delivery confirmation isn't even a guarantee because if someone wanted to do so, they could send you an empty envelop with dc and then point to it and say, "See... DC says she got it." Then it would be her word versus your word. Trust us. Those of us who have been around for a while have seen all kinds of less than reputable behaviors. Yes, it stinks to have to turn away money, but seriously... grocery stores, banks, even POs sell money orders. She could send you a MO. I would wait on someone who can pay you in a MO or even better yet... in paypal.
Knittress is offline   Reply With Quote