Reply Hey Mom! Learn more about the Gerber Life Insurance Grow-Up Plan!

Old 08-08-2008, 09:01 PM   #91
kecmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:
Re: How to be a CVS'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather81 View Post
Sure, you can start right now if you want. Ok not LITERALLY now unless your cvs is 24 hours lol but you know what i mean.

Just start small. For instance.. Grab the twin pack of the extreme energy drinks. They're $4.99 and earn you $4.99 in ECB's. So you'll pay $4.99 plus tax and get the drinks plus another $4.99 to spend.

Now get the childrens advil. It's $5.79 (you can print $1 off coupon for this.. print TWO of them). It will cost you $4.79 after handing them $1 off coupon. Pay with the $4.99 you just earned. It will be free (you'll actually be in the negative but they can make your balance zero. Or you can toss in something really cheap but there isnt much there for a quarter). You will pay nothing, get the advil and have $5.79 in ecb's to use.

Now get ANOTHER childrens advil, and use that OTHER $1 off childrens advil coupon. Again, it's $4.79 for the advil, but THIS TIME you have a whole dollar difference. I recommend finding something in the store that's worth a dollar to add to your cart. So candy, eye liner, etc. Bring your total back to $5.79 and pay with your $5.79 you earned from the LAST transaction. You'll only pay sales tax (which should literally be pocket change (depending what your tax rate it it may be 20-40 cents) and then you'll earn that $5.79 right back.

So for like $5.50 oop you'll get 2 childrens advils, a filler items (eye liner, candy, whatever), and a twin pack of extreme energy drinks. Plus you'll leave with $5.79 in ECB's. You will have earned more then you spent while also getting some goodies
OK- wow- My head's spinning here!

I saw the $4.99 in ECB's listed in the circular for the drinks (so basically you want to get anything listed as free after ECB's?) but how do you get the $5.79 ECB w/the Advil? Am I missing it in the flyer?

Can you help me figure out how to work the Crest, Pantene and Dawn? Where are the best places to find coupons online? (without getting a ton of spam afterward, that is-)

Advertisement

Old 08-08-2008, 11:08 PM   #92
Heather81
Registered Users

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kecmom View Post
OK- wow- My head's spinning here!

I saw the $4.99 in ECB's listed in the circular for the drinks (so basically you want to get anything listed as free after ECB's?) but how do you get the $5.79 ECB w/the Advil? Am I missing it in the flyer?

Can you help me figure out how to work the Crest, Pantene and Dawn? Where are the best places to find coupons online? (without getting a ton of spam afterward, that is-)
The childrens advil is not in the weekly ad. It's in the MONTHLY ad. There's a weekly ad which you get in your newpaper and a monthly ad which you can find at your local store.

The energy drinks and the advil are free after ecb's, but you dont wanna buy them all on one transaction. That makes your out of pocket cost to high. So do 3 different transactions. First the energy drinks. That will give you $4.99 which you wanna use on 1 children advil. Then use the ECB's from the childrens advil to pay for the OTHER childrens advil. Just make sure that you print the coupons for $1 off of childrens advil (google it you should find it easily).

As far as the other items go, I think manufacturers coupons from your sunday paper will be the only way to effectively work those in without you spending a fortune. If you have any friends or family members close by, call them and ask if they still have their sunday paper and if you can have the coupons. Just remember that these deals are only good until cvs closes on saturday night (other then the advil since thats a monthly deal).
Old 08-09-2008, 05:14 AM   #93
cody82414
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by kecmom View Post
Where are the best places to find coupons online? (without getting a ton of spam afterward, that is-)
Yeah, that??
Old 08-09-2008, 07:52 AM   #94
kecmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heather81 View Post
The childrens advil is not in the weekly ad. It's in the MONTHLY ad. There's a weekly ad which you get in your newpaper and a monthly ad which you can find at your local store.

The energy drinks and the advil are free after ecb's, but you dont wanna buy them all on one transaction. That makes your out of pocket cost to high. So do 3 different transactions. First the energy drinks. That will give you $4.99 which you wanna use on 1 children advil. Then use the ECB's from the childrens advil to pay for the OTHER childrens advil. Just make sure that you print the coupons for $1 off of childrens advil (google it you should find it easily).

As far as the other items go, I think manufacturers coupons from your sunday paper will be the only way to effectively work those in without you spending a fortune. If you have any friends or family members close by, call them and ask if they still have their sunday paper and if you can have the coupons. Just remember that these deals are only good until cvs closes on saturday night (other then the advil since thats a monthly deal).

Ah! I didn't realize that there were two different flyers! THANK YOU! This is terrific! I've gotten dd1 all excited abt free stuff now!

For anyone who's a visual learner, Check out couponmary on youtube!
http://www.youtube.com/results?searc...rch_type=&aq=f
Between Heather's awesome explanations and her visual, it seems like it will be pretty easy to figure out!
Old 08-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #95
kecmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I'm going to CVS right NOW! I'll post when I get back!
Old 08-09-2008, 07:25 PM   #96
tranquilseeker
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

okay so I've been doing a lot of looking into CVS'ing all over the web and seems I've been very out of the loop on this very cool way to be thrifty my question a few post back has also been answered. I find that a lot of brands and products at CVS aren't normally things I'd use (I'm fastidious about reading labels/ingredients and try to use stuff that is natural and organic). I found a really cool website called couponmom.com that breaks down the cvs deals and basically (between there and iheartcvs) tells you where to get your coupons and what to buy and how. She also does a breakdown of grocery stores and coupon deals there too. Anyway, she talks about donating all the stuff youdon't use but get for almost free to charity (most food pantries also have basic necessity shelves that are empty).

I'm going to clip tomorrows' coupons and see what I can rustle up. And thanks for starting this thread.
tranquilseeker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2008, 07:33 PM   #97
kecmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!! I'm sooooo excited! This will be my new addiction!
The only problem I had was that they had a prob w/the negative bal on the 2nd t/a. I ended up getting dd1 a candy bar so my OOP was abt $0.70 on that one-
What a rush! I've already called 3 people to tell them all abt my fun shopping trip! I can't wait to go get the new flyer otw home tomorrow!
I'm sure that I'll need some guidance in the upcoming weeks but it's sooooo much easier than it seemed! Thank you Heather! I seriously can't wait to do it again!
Old 08-10-2008, 11:49 AM   #98
kecmom
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

I have a ?-
The monthly flyer (just got it today-) says the limit for the Advil ECB is one/hh- How was I able to do 2 w/out any probelm yesterday?
Old 08-10-2008, 11:52 AM   #99
Heather81
Registered Users

My Mood:

Yes it states the limit is one but it really isn't. It's 2. Either it's a glitch in their system or a hidden treasure
Old 08-10-2008, 12:05 PM   #100
sprytee
Registered Users
seller

My Mood:

This is probably already posted some where, but my ? is:
When you us you $/$$ coupons do you use the total before coupons or after?